Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144399 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2009, 05:17:57 AM »
Got a new little project going that I worked on yesterday and some, this morning.
I have been working to massage this resin RC head and a resin droidbait visor together. The RC head is a bit larger than the droidbait head and some shaping of the visor to conform more to the head's shape was required.

For a looser fit of the visor, I would built some receiving lugs for this straight pen to use as a mount but in this case, the visor fit tightly enough that I went on without the lugs and drilled holes into the helmet to receive the straight pens as mounting posts. The visor will swing up to the above head position and channels were cut so that the visor could ride lower, closer to his head while up.

These pics represent a test fit of the visor operation with the pens and the pens will be cut shorter prior to gluing sometime after some painting is done and the head is mounted on the body.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
And here is the body that will receive that head. This will be a shadow squad republic commando. This is his primary phase of paint and no touch-ups are done, yet.

I think that I will paint up an old painless gun for him to tote around, also.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »
See you went through with the idea.  Great Job!
TY, Dan! I got some painting done on this guy, this weekend as well as some on his Ole Painless gun but havent shot pics of it, Yet. I picked up this Clone Wars Magnaguard, this weekend for some more Blacklight fun. I mixed a purple color for the plasma effect on either end of his staff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »
TY, buddy. Yeah, I like those eyes, also. I am going to list this magnaguard, tonight, to see how he does.

Well today was to be my first day back to work but as could be expected, I woke up to rain and work was called off, today. I took the extra time and finished work on that shadow RC figure, this morning. I got the head and visor painted and together cutting the ends off of two straight pins and using them as mounting posts. The visor has good movement and stays in position better than I had hoped. I got the mini gun painted and thought that it looked better than I thought that it would. Fully equipped and toting his big gun, I thought that this guy turned out pretty good. Naturally, I used the neon red to give both visors the bright glowing look, especially in the blacklight shots.

I will list this guy on ebay, tomorrow, to see how he does.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2009, 06:07:27 AM »
more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:06 AM »
more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:09 AM »
some more shots

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:59 AM »
two more

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
TY, buddy.

Here's what I have been working on, this morning. I finished the painting on that modified helmet for the Desert Ops commander figure and added an antennae to it. I used the same colors used on the fig and got a smoother application of that copper foil for his goggles, this time.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:33:01 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2009, 06:35:40 AM »
Here's how it looks on the figure. I still need to paint the exahust on his jetpack and get it mounted. Also, I need to find that little belt with the pouches and glue it into place upon his lower chest.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2009, 06:36:33 AM »
Two more shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2009, 06:11:39 AM »
Here is my latest project. Inspired by Jay's shadow clone wars clone, I wanted to do one using one of the clones that came from that Christopsis Battle Pack. I still need to put his gray graphics on him. I went ahead and cast and painted up a mini gun, for him. He has a darker version of the neon paint for his visor. And, as a latest addition, I decided to shape a resin droidbait flip-visor up for him. I will have to throw some matching neon paint on it and paint the visor either the grey or the black.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
I did a write up of that first Shadow RC with bigger pics and figured that I should post it here.

Here is a Republic Commando figure that I have painted up with the markings of a Shadow Clone Trooper. He features a Resin-cast head with a resin-cast Clone Wars flip visor that is pinned to his head using cut-off straight pins as posts. The Chain-gun is also a resin-cast item.
I used enamel neon red paint on both visors that have a reddish glowing effect when introduced to a black light.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2444/june14017.jpg

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »
Got some of the grey graphic work done on the Clone Wars Shadow Trooper, this morning. I still need to touch it up and do the paintwork and mounting of the flip-visor.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »
clint, i've got a mission for you.  I wanted to be the first to do this figure but now I've seen one I don't have the desire to do it... but I know that if you did it it'd probably sell as this one is.  Zero the hutt, from the star wars clone wars movie, needs to be done in your flourescent paint and done over the clone wars jaba sculpt...  this is a pic of the one I found on e-bay, I know you can do better detailings than they did.