Imperial Community > Imperial Break Room

Holiday Plans?

(1/4) > >>

UnitedStatesDemocrat:
It might be a bit early, but I was wondering waht you guys are doing for the Holidays?

For myself, nothing much is planned as of yet.  We might invite some friends over, have a Christmas Dinner here, but that would be up to my parents.  I will update as more becomes available.

Reconsgt:
For me since I can't get out of Christmas like I did for Thanksgiving, I will be going to my Dad's Christmas eve, then we will have Christmas diner with my Mom at my brothers house, he is the only one with kids so it will be a nice tradition of the family gatherings for them to grow up with., Christmas night will be spent with Sue's family and then it's relaxing until I go back to work after the New Years.  On New Years Eve, Sue and I may go out or just sit home, that part is still undecided.

CloneCommander Buy:
Ti's the season to be merry!

divorce is a pain in my ass. LOL. I go to my mothers the night before for dinner, ( Santa comes early there for my 2 boys ) Sit there and listen to my sister ( me, me,me and look at what my kids are doing) and her 3 little ones, which I love to death. Next day(my favorite part) my wife and I wake early to my 2 little boys SCREAMING  Santa's been here!
Open presents and eat cinnamon rolls (tradition) I love watching them open their presents, that's my favorite gift is watching them. especially when its something they really wanted. (star wars toys, yea, LOL) Then its off to my dads house where I have two half brothers and another half sisterand of course my  sister (me,me,me and my kids, LOL)
Love my dad, he's just not much of a kid person (to bad for him, he's missing out) My step mom plays favorites to her kids, trys not to but she does. Guess when my 2 bros. and sis have kids. mine will be on the out. There to busy being into them self's right now. Love them all, but a pain in my ass. LOL

Almost give anything to be back in California with my wife's family.
she has 5 sisters, crazy bitches when they are together. could almost say I love them more than my own family, LOL

SORRY  for being so wordy,   it was  kinda like therapy.   LOL,   LOL, LOL

UnitedStatesDemocrat:
May I ask what your guys favorite Christmas memory and/or favorite part of Chrismas is.

For me, I remember that every single time for Christmas, I would wake up earlier than anyone else, and then when I walked past my mom's room at our old house, I would try and tip-toe down the steps, trying to look into the living room at all the presents.  I remember going down and seeing what presents were mind and trying to figure out what they were.  That was my favorite part when I was young.  Now I like seeing when others open up there presents and you can see the pure joy on their face as they gaze at what they've wanted.  Truly miraculous.

Reconsgt:
When I was little, I remember every year I was determined to stay up late, hide behind the Christmas tree and catch Santa Claus, I would fill my little lunch box with cookies and my Thermos with hot chocolate,  every year I would be denied in catching Santa as I was forced to go to bed or I would fall asleep early in the living room.  I also remember that my Mom would always bake a ton of cookies, and sweets. She would always make a big deal for us ( my 2 brothers and I ) to decorate the cookies with colored frosting,  that and we always help her decorate the house, It seemed like we had a ton of decorations.  I don't recall helping Dad outside outside with lights but we had a big old farm house and that was a heck of a height to string lights.

All in all most of the memories I have around the holidays as a young kid were great. If you could only go back, if even for a day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version