Author Topic: 2010 Toysrus Exclusives  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: 2010 Toysrus Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »
One thing that amazes me is, why can't they get Starkiller's face right? And why didn't he come with the black lightsaber that you can unlock in the game? And why did't they make Starkiller in his Sith Robes? That was the coolest outfit in the game! Starkiller with Sith robes and the black lightsaber....now that would be an instant seller.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
Cmon Mike, remember which company you are talking about now.

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 11:16:49 AM »
Wow, those force unleashed packs look amazing! Are they in stores in the UK, yet?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
One thing that amazes me is, why can't they get Starkiller's face right? And why didn't he come with the black lightsaber that you can unlock in the game? And why did't they make Starkiller in his Sith Robes? That was the coolest outfit in the game! Starkiller with Sith robes and the black lightsaber....now that would be an instant seller.

I had "heard" that Hasbro started work on the figure before his look in the game was finalized.  Hasbro may have been working from early concept drawings if that was the case.  But man, yeah, a black lightsaber would have been cool.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
ok....  why did the stormtrooper that was supposed to be black in this pack:

turn into a repack of the same clear trooper that is in the other pack?  I realy wanted the removable helmet shadow trooper....  was it cancelled at last minute?  if I'd remembered this when picking up that pack at tru I'd have thought harder about getting it....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »
Wow, did i not see this image before? I would rather have had that shadow trooper than the repack of the clear one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
This might make for a good hasbro q and a question if they wouldn't answer it with their usual cost analysis scenario.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 06:08:43 AM »
hey what happen to the pix that i posted and i made a new thread for a new exclusive from wlamart too and it got deleted.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »
hey what happen to the pix that i posted and i made a new thread for a new exclusive from wlamart too and it got deleted.

I know this site works hard to make sure they have authorization to post pictures.  If administrators deleted your thread, they may have had concerns about sources.  It's the right thing to do if they are concerned the original source of the photos may not have given authorization.  It protects everyone involved--possibly even yourself.

Anyway...yeah the original stormtrooper was way cooler.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »
well i made an account on snadtroopers.com so that i could ask if we can post the pictures here since i got an email from clonehard that said they dont have an agreement with sanstroopers to post the picts here so i asked him if we can post htem so i  will wait and see what he says and if he says we can post htem here i will put them back on the website here.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 06:29:11 AM »
This has been discussed ad nauseam on other forums. There was a last minute change to the sets at Hasbro's discretion. Supposedly they are holding back the other Stormtrooper as some kind of convention exclusive or something to that effect.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 05:36:42 PM »
This has been discussed ad nauseam on other forums. There was a last minute change to the sets at Hasbro's discretion. Supposedly they are holding back the other Stormtrooper as some kind of convention exclusive or something to that effect.

Interesting.  Must have been in another site's Q&A?  Looks like I missed that tidbit.  Thanks for posting that information here.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:25 AM »
...and some of us are doing good to keep up with just this forum, so if it was discussed elsewhere, some of us are still in the dark.  Thanks for updating us on that.

Offline bly272

• some nights I lie in bed and look up at the stars wondering: where the heck has the ceiling gone?"
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 12:28:17 PM »
Man, the more I see those TFU 5-Packs, the more I want them.  I'm Just afraid they're going to hit at $50 each.

Actualy They are $30 each.
"You could start a whole new Imperial custom. 'Dance, fool, dance!' Zap, zap, zap! 'Ow, my toe!'"
-Jaina Solo, making fun of Jagged Fel for accidentally shooting his deputy minister of trade in the foot