Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384497 times)

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1860 on: September 06, 2015, 02:46:14 PM »
The only thing I found in stores at midnight that I wanted was Rey's Speeder. Then when I got home I ended up placing an order on Amazon for 2 SnowSpeeders and the Desert Speeder W/Finn. That next morning my friend and I hit up Target where I got my third SnowSpeeder, which will accompany the others in later installments of my photonovel.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1861 on: September 07, 2015, 11:40:04 AM »
Picked up an original titanium X-wing (Galoob) for the 100th time cause the laser cannons keep breaking, as well as a Star Destroyer (finally). Also got an updated R2-D2 figure. The only one I had was from the POTF line, so I figured it was time for a new one lol. Not sure what line its from though as it came in a baggy and wasn't in a package.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1862 on: September 08, 2015, 03:14:55 AM »
I just couldn't stand to buy any of the 5 poa figures. I did pick up a six inch Renn, fo stormtrooper, and the MM AT-AT Pack.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #1863 on: September 10, 2015, 02:24:36 PM »
You know, I need to stop taking these breaks from customizing and collecting. I feel like I've just been freed from a slab of carbonite and missed out on a lot of stuff!

I did catch a glance of that awful TFA X-Wing though  ???  And what's with Hasbro continuing going down the path of the Dark Side by holding on to those 5 POA figures?!

Anyway, it's not a Hasbro item, but I have just ordered the Sphero BB-8.... toy.... collectible.... gadget? Heck, it costs a stupid amount of money and it's totally useless, so I have to have it  ;D

Oh, a huge shout out to my buddy Shawn, who hooked me up with a squad of 6" Speeder Bikes quite a while ago. Really happy with those!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1864 on: September 10, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
Got this jewel in the mail today.
First impressions are pretty high on this one. I need to find some wire cutters so i can get it out of the blister pack.

It's looking like the quality here is well worth the extra $5
Wasn't big H supposed to hike the price on their six inchers anyways?
Shoot, with the release schedule sounding good, this looks like a promising line to collect or customize

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1865 on: September 11, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »
Clint is that their new diecast metal figure line? These are supposed to be about 7 inch in scale right? Looks fantastic! Might pick up a few of the regular OTC Imperials if they make any.

On my saga with disneystore.com my order of the AT-AT and Star Destroyer vehicles showed up crushed beyond all recognition and I have to pay 15 bucks to ship it back to get an exchange. Does anyone has a Disneystore close to them? Tamer could use a hook up!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1866 on: September 11, 2015, 03:54:39 AM »
Crushed??? Sorry, buddy.
Don't know when I will hit my store but I will look for you.

Yeah, this scale is a bit larger. An inch sounds good but phasma is supposed to be another half inch taller. "I believe her character is taller in the movie."

I have some shots to compare scales with that I will post in a thread for that Disney elite figure a bit later today.

I believe Otc stuff is coming in this line with the next wave.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1867 on: September 11, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »
Tamer, did you call the number for the disney store? When I made an order for the Y-wing, TIE Fighter, Vader's TIE and Slave I, the Vader TIE that came in was broken. The wings could not be placed back on. I called and told them what happened. They asked me if the box was crushed, I said no. There was no hassle when I called, the lady was kind enough to offer a replacement, free of charge. I didn't have to pay for shipping or anything, and she said I could keep the damaged one and maybe donate it or something.

I did this when they had that "FREE SHIP" promo code, so maybe that's why I didn't need to pay again. You should call them and see if they can remove the shipping charge, you shouldn't have to pay for something that wasn't your fault.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1868 on: September 12, 2015, 06:07:18 AM »
Thanks for looking Clint. And now GL1, I did send em a copy of my shipping receipt which they say they will reimburse me for so all is good. Next time I will try the phone number though.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1869 on: September 12, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »
Ah that's good then. They sent me a return form if I wanted to return something or want a replacement. I would rather talk to someone, I wanted to ask them something about the form anyway but they took care of it for me right then. That's good though, glad to hear it.

Anyone familiar with the X-wing Miniatures game? I'm not into the game at all but their ships have some fantastic detail on it. I saw they had an Outrider, and not counting the POTF vehicle, the titanium version is the biggest we've had (in a small scale). We don't have many versions of the ship released, and I always wanted one in a bigger scale then the titanium version. This one definitely does the job, very impressed.

What really stood out was the laser cannons, how long they are and how each tube is separate, not molded as one. Surprised you could rotate them a little too. My only gripe is the weight, its really light. I thought it would have some weight to it. The other is the back where the engine is, I thought it would be a light blue, similar to the Micro Machines version. With it black it looks like the ship is off lol. I have an ice blue color from games workshop paints so I might just give it a little color.

Regardless, a very cool piece and very happy with my purchase. I'll probably look into getting more ships. I think having a Star Destroyer would be fantastic. I took a comparison pic with the titanium version. While I love the titanium version, you can see its a bit bulky in the back. This Outrider, as well as the Micro Machines version, captures the Outrider's design perfectly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1870 on: September 12, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
David, I saw these at Barnes and Noble yesterday and didn't find a new walker. I have the one from years ago and still think it is one of the most detailed versions I have seen.

Oh, I did pick up the Battle of Hoth Hot Wheels playset and the Battle of Hoth Battle Box.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1871 on: September 20, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »
These are my sw flea mkt finds from this weekend

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1872 on: September 21, 2015, 02:56:16 AM »
Cool deal Clint. Gotta find me some yard sales and flee markets!

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #1873 on: September 21, 2015, 06:15:58 AM »

Picked up some great customizing fodder at Wish Apon A Toy in Downtown Disney.

The R6, R7 and R8 heads were never offered as part of any regular Hasbro products and are only available at the parks and Wish Apon A Toy.

I also grabbed a trio of the R7/R8 torsos for the R8 heads to reside on as I didn't have any spares in my Astromech Droids box.

I also picked up a very striking purple detailed R3 head.

Last time we were at the park, I picked up all of the various color combinations of the R6, R7 and R8s available as well as some of the more striking colored R5s and R7s but didn't buy every single droid I wanted due to my budget at the time. This time I wanted to get a few of the ones I missed out on but none of the pieces needed to complete a single one were present :(

My awesome wife Liz surprised me with the Disney exclusive Astromech 4pk she bought while I was photographing the various exclusives at Wish Apon A Toy!

She had offered to buy me it when we saw it in the airport store but I had declined as I really dislike the new legs that are missing some pretty obvious details (shoulder doodads and the wires from the front of the feet).

During our first night at the hotel she asked me again why I didn't care for the new legs and how I would make them better. I told her The shoulder doodads were a lost cause as I cannot sculpt such tiny details at my current skill level. I did mention that I had about a dozen spare Astromech feet that I could transplant the foot wires from but that I could not justify paying $30 for something I had to "fix" right out of the box.

So, being the awesome wife she is, decided to buy it for me when I was not looking and give it to me on the ride back to the hotel.

She is definitely a keeper :)

Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1874 on: September 22, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
Picked up an Action Fleet TIE Fighter from someone at Rebelscum. Got it for 5 bucks, so definitely scored on that. I see it go for about $20 now on ebay. This is for my custom TFA TIE Fighter. Hopefully this is the last time. I keep running into problems painting the panels gray, they never come out a solid color, it looks a bit blotchy. I'm gonna try my luck with spraying it gray this time instead of black, then just repaint the ship black with some brushes and leaving the panels alone.

Third times the charm, right? lol.