Author Topic: My First Custom Painted vehicals  (Read 8150 times)

Spookymufu

Re: My First Custom Painted vehicals
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
Cool your input is noted. Thanks Spookymufu.

they both look good, well done, but I prefer the OT over everything else, thats why I like the second one better, just to clarify (see my sig ;) )

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »
Normally I agree with you Spookymufu but there is something about Portman.... yummy!

Come on folks lets get some more input!

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
Well nose art aside the paint has long since dried and I have put my custom painted cockpit interior back into my X-Wing. So here it is in all its glory... my reviesed cockpit sometihng that Hasbro could have given to us without too much trouble!

Oh on a side note.... does anyone know where I can get copies or has anyone scanned in the stickers from Luke's X-Wing that are on the "dash" of the cockpit? The Wedge X-Wing doesn't come with those stickers and it irks me.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
Hey, Finn - welcome aboard!  I've been away for a few weeks and am now struggling to catch up.

Fantastic work you've got going on!  Like Spud, I'm jealous of anyone getting a shuttle for a steal - but hey, someone's gotta score.  I want to get *two* in order to butcher them into Jodo Kast's ship from the "Twin Engines of Destruction" comic and the scout ship from the old D6 SWRPG "Scouts" galaxy guide.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
Well Doc this link is to the re-issue of the Imperial Shuttle and it is so far going for a resonable price. It's not a steal but nor is it a gouge either. Plus if the story is true as to why its being sold it's for a good cause.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Imperial-Shuttle-Tyderium-Loose-Complete-/270746887063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f09c5a397

I do want to state that I have noconnection to the object or seller. I just found it during one of my many Ebay searches.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »
Well, if I weren't in pretty much the same boat as the seller, I'd buy it!  Figures I'd find one for a decent price at a time I can't afford to get it.  :P

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
Ditto for me... I have been looking for a while now but for 25$ I told my wife I could eat Noodles for a week !

Offline ars30

• Ensign
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 02:18:05 PM »

Oh on a side note.... does anyone know where I can get copies or has anyone scanned in the stickers from Luke's X-Wing that are on the "dash" of the cockpit? The Wedge X-Wing doesn't come with those stickers and it irks me.

You Can Try Here: http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/index.html

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Thanks ars30 but I am afraid that site doesn't have what I'm looking for. Lots of great stuff and I have it bookmarked for later use though. Thanks for the try.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 08:08:30 PM »
Hey, Finn - welcome aboard!  I've been away for a few weeks and am now struggling to catch up.

Fantastic work you've got going on!  Like Spud, I'm jealous of anyone getting a shuttle for a steal - but hey, someone's gotta score.  I want to get *two* in order to butcher them into Jodo Kast's ship from the "Twin Engines of Destruction" comic and the scout ship from the old D6 SWRPG "Scouts" galaxy guide.

Hey Doc I sent you a link to an IMperial Shuttle that I think will help fit this project

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 06:49:21 AM »
 Great thread, awesome vehicles and a lot of good information in here for beginners like myself.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
Well I have been busy the past few days, nights, and weeks. I got a new large scale X-Wing and I decided to try to go all out and do a job on it and turn it into one of my favorite characters from the Rouge Squadron book series, Corron Horn.

Here is a taste of what I have so far. I hope everyone likes it. I will give more details and photos later.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »

Ok here is the next installment of my customized vehicles. This is the “Luke Skywalker X-Wing” from the “Saga” Collection. I got it off Ebay for a pretty good price and since I am not one for trying to keep things mint I really didn’t care what shape it was in as long as it was complete and not broken.

Now I have always wanted to make my favorite character’s, Corran Horn, X-Wing from the X-Wing series of novels and now I had an extra X-Wing to work with. I decided that since Horn brought his X-Wing with him when he joined Rouge Squadron that it was probably in perfect working order but the exterior would be a bit hard worn. So in keeping with that theory you can see that it is nicely, if I do say so myself, weathered to reflect this.

Next was how to do the deco markings. Since there is no 100%  definitive reference to what the CorSec markings and paint scheme was I was forced to choose from a few different sources. Ultimately I decided to go with the cover of the first book from the series where it shows the colors on the fuselage as green instead of the red that the Rouge’s had.

Once I decided on how it should look next came the how. I found a scanned copy of the full sticker sheet from the FX X-Wing and did some test prints and found that the stickers were the same size and needed only some minor trimming. After playing about with the colors I settled on the green that I liked and then added “kill” markings under the canopy that were from Wedge’s X-Wing (minus the death stars of course) and 2 Rouge Squadron emblems from Wookieepedia. Oh and yes I do know that Corran’s normally was Rouge 9 but for now he is 5 till I can figure out how I want to make a pattern for 9.

So the only things left is the cockpit, which I haven’t touched yet but I will do, in the same fashion as my other ones and the call sign numbers.

I hope everyone likes my latest creation and even if you don’t I would love to get some more feedback. Thanks for reading all this too.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
a few more photos to look at

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
DAMN! that looks superb! you could recolour those decals really easily and you'd have every squadron in Galaxy!

Awesome idea, and so well done!