Author Topic: Hangarbay's Treat.....  (Read 3579 times)

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
Re: Hangarbay's Treat.....
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
Hahaha, I never really thought about it that way! Good point about it not being very expensive for the paint. If I ever get my hands on a Falcon I'll go out and get the right paint. However, for my little $20 ships and figures, I like mixing paint not only for the sake of cheapness, but because I like mixing paint! I always find it very satisfying to mix up just exactly the right color from others. And I don't ever mix different brands or gloss levels (unless I'm experimenting on something small that I want a medium "satin" finish on), so there aren't any worries about messing up the paint's bonding ability or chemical properties. One day I'll get the falcon and it will be glorious.... only thing to decide (other than how to keep my girlfriend from freaking out when I buy it!) is whether to get the more appropriately scaled BMF or the easier to handle Legacy Falcon. Decisions, decisions!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »
One day I'll get the falcon and it will be glorious.... only thing to decide (other than how to keep my girlfriend from freaking out when I buy it!) is whether to get the more appropriately scaled BMF or the easier to handle Legacy Falcon. Decisions, decisions!

wait... I thought the BMF was the "legacy" falcon?  now I'm confused...  Did you mean the smaller POTF style falcon? 

I always mix my own paints for most of my figure painting.  I have some nice little paint savers that seal shut that i get at Micheals hobby store.  it's nice to be able to mix a color and use it for something small like a different hair color but then be able to save the paint I mixed so that it isn't wasted...

oh... I accidentally grabbed an enamel paint jar from the wrong rack and didn't realize it untill I got home and had already mixed it in with some acrylic paint and painted my figure with it... I realized it afterwards when the paint wouldn't dry!  DOH!....

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
Uh, I don't think so.. OH WAIT, I mean the VOTC falcon, which is in between... better than POTF but still only 2-seater cockpit.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 08:22:22 AM »
Is that the falcon with the groovy light up engine?  I wanted that one, but never found it.

I actually don't have the BMF, oddly enough, though TRU sells it here for 79.99

I have to save space for the BATAT, :)

But on topic, great tutorial, I like anything that makes vehicles look like they've actually been out doing what they are reported to  have been doing.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
I've got one of those OTC falcons with the light up engines that I need to sell or trade now that I have the bmf. I just seen it yesterday digging through stuff.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
I've got one of those OTC falcons with the light up engines that I need to sell or trade now that I have the bmf. I just seen it yesterday digging through stuff.

Does that translate to "I'm willing to give someone a deal since I have the fancy and awesome BMF?"

:)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
Yes it does.