Author Topic: Narceron's Custom Figures  (Read 10734 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Narceron's Custom Figures
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »
That is a pretty daggone nice figure!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
I also have another SW custom in the works, I think I'll try and finish him up, today.

here is the write up, in works, for him(granted, I put cmdr chapel, its a stand in til I figure out another name).

EXCERPT(Communication from CMDR Chapel to CMDR Fox)

As I have stated previously, Trooper Solo(CH-1977) has been a problem since even before he was born.  A genetic abnomality caused his obvious difference from the standard trooper.  This lead to his feelings of betrayal by his brothers.  While he has excelled at tactical training, marksmanship, and personal combat, he has routinely suffered lower scores on his leadership and interpersonal assesments.  His name, Solo, comes from his need to work alone and prove himself constantly.  This has not been a problem in the past, in fact, he has been an asset on many missions and deployments.  We have even overlooked his use of non standard equipment and his maintaining of original gear and alternate armor configurations.  

However, Recently, he has operated his own agenda here on coruscant and has come to the attention of local authorities.  I know your men are tasked with protecting the city from invasion, but in this case, I would not feel comfortable sending civilians to bring him in for questioning.  It is for this reason, that I am issuing an order to the Coruscant Guard to bring him in.  I do not forsee any resistance on his part, but should he decide to test  you, you are authorized to terminate him.

CMDR Chapel

Freeze, You are under arrest for violence and crimes committed on coruscant!

Take it easy, guys, I think if you contact the Chancellor's office, you'll find. . .

For all my actions. . .I have been granted Sanction.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:13:40 PM by narceron »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
Nice! did you do some limb swapping for that fig? The head looks good.

That writing in red is kind of noisy to look at, though.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
Nope, he's a scuba clones, I just nipped off thsoe little fins.

I wanted him to be in between full clone armor and lighter scout armor.

Now, I just need to find the right clone wars figure to base him on.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »
I like the story arc with this one. I could see a Null ARC recruiting this one. Still, looks like palpatine has his hands on him.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 04:52:05 PM »
I don't know a lot about the SW verse. . .yet.

In my joe verse, sanction is Duke's kid, fed up with all his dads superficial crap he joins cobra and become a bad ass enforcer for the commander(Don't worry, cobra is very different the way I play them, lol).

I figure I'm gonna have a shady type actually commanding him, maybe a high ranking member of the chancelor's staff, or even the big man himself.

I'm going to do him up as the champion of my coruscant guard army, so that will be fun.

I'd also like to do an OT custom of him, maybe as an aged agent nearing the end of his time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »
Sweet deal. I really enjoyed Doc's fiction if you haven't read it yet. I wouldn't mind reading some of this dude!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »
yeah, segnett and I wrote it about a year ago, just need to find the doc file.

any ideas on what figure would make a good base in "the clone wars" line?  I was thinking maybe oddball's body with a flat top head, does oddball have a flat top?

I just don't want to get accidentally get a bald clone, lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
yeah, segnett and I wrote it about a year ago, just need to find the doc file.

any ideas on what figure would make a good base in "the clone wars" line?  I was thinking maybe oddball's body with a flat top head, does oddball have a flat top?

I just don't want to get accidentally get a bald clone, lol.
I'm not even sure it Odd Ball's helmet comes off. I havent gotten one of those, yet.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
doh!

he's the pilot, right?

I've been needing a pilot head, for my torrent, thats why i've been eyeballing your list.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
There's an aotc pilot helmet in there that is hollow. there's a tie pilot helmet in there, as well.
  for the clone wars animated parts, I have started the title CW for clone wars.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »
I apologize if this offends anyone, but that female adventurer figure looks like an angry man-hating German lesbian who cut off a native american's arms and attached them to herself  :D   In all seriousness though, I think it would look best to have arms without sleeves, since she seems to be going for the exposed skin look... Also, maybe some goggles up on her forehead (like from Sandstorm Scene Luke) might be good for the adventurer look, or a hat or something. Hmm... looking at her, I think darker eyebrows would make the face look less children-of-the-corn-ish. Also she looks like she needs a swoop, for sure. (Durge's swoop is pretty awesome if you can get your hands on it!). Hope that helps! You should come check out my customs and rip into 'em a bit too, I always like input.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »
LOL, tell us how your really feel, :)

I am fine with the arms of the german man hater, its the waist thats killin gme, looks really off and I haven't got a clue as to how I'm gonna beef it up.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »
Lol, the magical stuff that is Sculpey! Bought some the other day that I've yet to try out, but I've heard good things about it... Apparently curing it in boiling water instead of an oven keeps the figure from melting, you should give it a shot!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »
hmmm never though about doing that XV.  I've always used Apoxi-sculpt.  It's a two part self hardening clay.  before it starts to harden (which is usually about an hour or two after mixing) you can sculpt and mold it just like clay.   Best thing about it is that you don't have to heat it up to cure it! 

you remember the twi-lek figure dawn made?  all the "enhancements" to those figs were done using apoxi-sculpt.  I definately recomend it.