Author Topic: Wreckage's custom vehicles-WIP LIGHT SUPPLY SHIP AND JOE MECH ADDED 1/25/14  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
I posted this a while ago as a WIP on Rebelscum and Joecustoms, planning to return to it eventually to finish the weathering and add a couple decals from Stickerfixer. Finding a lot of cheap Vintage Clones from 5 Below this week inspired me to finally revisit it.

I built it from a GI Joe Desert Fox, with scraps and bits from a lot of other Joe vehicles, and the side pockets from a vintage Imperial Transport, one of my favorite vintage vehicles. The idea was a humvee-like speeder for Clones to take into battle. I called it the "Hammerhead" based on the thruster configuration. The biggest complaint I got was how the thrusters would fry the guys in the pockets, so yes, I have heard that already LOL. They are Clones, we can make more. I was going to reconfigure the thrusters so the slanted downward, but they glue set too quickly and I couldn't get them apart without breaking it beyond repair.

I'm still developing my weathering skills, but this time I tried using an airbrush to make some blast marks, in addition to a toothbrush and stick to add the brown speckling. The paint chipping was from spraying silver first and masking it before spraying the other colors.

I am hoping to do more Star wars vehicles but I haven't had a lot of time to devote to it lately, hopefully getting this done will keep me going. The fantastic work on this site has been egging me on to do more for sure.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:34:59 PM by Wreckage »

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: First custom posted- Republic Hammerhead Speeder
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
Awesome looking vehicle! I've got the remains of one of those Desert Foxes in my stash, waiting on me to decide what to do with it.  Are the thrusters from the old Joe Ghost Hawk? 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:00:21 AM »
That is a pretty sweet custom!  You have to share the recipe for this bad boy!  Also, you're on the front page, so enjoy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
That is pretty cool. Reminds me of a jeepy version of an older vintage Imperial Transport. And welcome to ISY!

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »
Wow! FP with my first post! Thank you!!!

The thrusters are cobbled together from a vintage Sky (Ghost) Hawk, the thrusters attached to the wings, with the wing socket used as well. The main body is the Desert Fox, with Styrene covering the back rear wells, and a Rolling Thunder ICBM cut to pieces and used around the front and underneath. There is a lot of Styrene and model bashing work in the back. The manned missile cannon is a GI Joe launcher from the Missile Defense Unit, with pieces of an old POTF2 E-web and a Sigma 6 glider used. The front guns are chopped off the front of a couple of Fangs, with a very SW looking gun from the BF2K marauder added to the front. I think that is all that is "easily" identifiable.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:13:24 AM by Wreckage »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »
Super well done!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
What a great speeder and a great first entry! Welcome to the yards

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:27:02 AM »
Welcome to The Yards!

And what a great first post - I love customs that actually look like toys - and I'm also very found of the vintage ITT to boot!!!!

Really great work, can't wait to see more of your work :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
This is a great looking vehicle mod! Sorry I missed it for so long.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
WOW! that's an excellent mix of parts and an impressive creation.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 07:40:55 PM »
This is so awesome!  And don't listen to the haters about the position of the thrusters.  They CLEARLY don't recognize MeeMillMurr Anti-Grav drives when they see 'em.  They don't produce a thrust blast, rather they bathe the clones in the scent of fresh baked cinnamon rolls, LOL.

Seriously, nice work.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »
looks superb ! love the mix of parts and ideas ,great execution..well done
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
WOW!  This looks like it would be right out of a box from the manufacturer.  Very creative, very well painted, very impressive!

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
Re: Wreckage's custom vehicles-New WIP Turbo Transport 11/29
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
I kind of have this obsession with the vintage Imperial Transport. I made quite a few about 6 years ago, for different ROTS style Clone Trooper battalions, and now that i am getting back into SW customs, it looks like I'm returning to my old standby for a few customs.

This first one has been a bag of parts for a while, I just assembled it in the last 2 days and I am not too sure if I am digging it. The idea was to add the wheels to the transport body and make a mini "Turbo tank" like Transport. I didn't plan to add the side boxes, I put them on to see how they looked. It looks too tall to me, and a bit short on the length. I pulled the body off to see how the turret mod would look on a regular style transport if I abandoned the wheel base. I was thinking of painting it for the 212th battalion, so light gray and orange.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: Wreckage's custom vehicles-New WIP Turbo Transport 11/29
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »
This looks really cool!  This is something that, if I saw it in stores hanging with the Class II mini-rigs, I definitely buy.  This fits perfectly with that line!

This really does look like the Turbo Tank Junior!  Nice work!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!