Author Topic: WIP Rebel Transport  (Read 8790 times)

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
WIP Rebel Transport
« on: January 28, 2020, 05:21:34 AM »
Still a work in progress, might change the colour of the containers underneath, maybe add the black marks on the side like on Empire, might also fit G.I Joe Devil Fish seats inside in rows if i can find enough of them cheap  ..any other  ideas for seats? i'm aiming for rows of 4 with a walkway in the middle of them

This is where i am upto, needs alot of tidying yet especially the blue/white engines on the back

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: WIP Rebel Transport
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:59:14 AM »
What a cool project. I really like what you are doing with it. I like the engines a lot. And the new paint scheme and weathering. Off to the front pages.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 04:12:23 AM »
I love what you done to these, this is how they should have looked like back in the 80's!  I never understood why they never remade this ship.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 08:55:03 AM »
From plastic to starship. What more can you say? Amazing job! Love the underbelly cargo area the most. That really pops.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 01:26:39 PM »
I love what you done to these, this is how they should have looked like back in the 80's!  I never understood why they never remade this ship.

What a cool project. I really like what you are doing with it. I like the engines a lot. And the new paint scheme and weathering. Off to the front pages.

From plastic to starship. What more can you say? Amazing job! Love the underbelly cargo area the most. That really pops.

Thanks guys, long way off finished yet ..going to take my time with this one, the weathering could be better, will keep working on it

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 04:54:47 PM »
Great paint job. I really do like all the different container colors - it make the "transport" title make sense. The painting on the engines is also really excellent and much more vibrant than the stickers. Great job.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:15:13 AM »
Great paint job. I really do like all the different container colors - it make the "transport" title make sense. The painting on the engines is also really excellent and much more vibrant than the stickers. Great job.

Thanks, still working on the containers colours ..want a combination that pops a bit more, think the browns got to go

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:35 AM »

Thanks, still working on the containers colours ..want a combination that pops a bit more, think the browns got to go

Try putting red on top of that? So it comes out as a dirty red-brown?
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »

Try putting red on top of that? So it comes out as a dirty red-brown?

Great idea ;)  ..can rub some black over it too if it comes out too bright then finish it off with some silver scratch marks, might change the sand colour ones too for a pale orange or something

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »
Update on the transport, final paint on the containers ..will be finishing the weathering up next and touching up then time for the inside

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 12:13:49 PM »
Playing around with interior ideas,  this is all rough and pre paint at the minute.  5 man flight crew with command bridge (need to cover the engine and attach some kind of clear display like in the legacy Bat-at's) ..will make a false floor for it all to attach too and also just pull out on the floor.

Not sure what to do with the gap in the middle just yet. might get it up on Falcon legs and make a proper boarding ramp that slides out for the extra length. painted the cockpit metal effect grey and added repo stickers, still all very much a work in progress  ..i might even try keep this one if i can get it past the wife :D 

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »
Hopefully this will give you some ideas! Haven't found much in the way of cross sections for this vehicle unfortunately.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/GR-75_medium_transport

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 08:04:56 PM »
Hopefully this will give you some ideas! Haven't found much in the way of cross sections for this vehicle unfortunately.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/GR-75_medium_transport

Thanks RC  8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 03:58:26 AM »
Wow, that work on the inside is incredible too. Love all the paint on the containers under this though. Back to the front pages.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 05:18:41 PM »
Wow, that work on the inside is incredible too. Love all the paint on the containers under this though. Back to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer :)  ..just bought a junk AT-TE so might pull the rebel transport cockpit out completely and replace it with the row of 4 seat's out the AT-TE (if i can make it fit) if not i could move that tray of 3 seats forward then the straight row of 4 seats behind that 

New cockpit seating??

Or this with the above seats behind??  ..needs another coat of black then will paint the seats light grey then the terminals silver or metal grey and also need to cover the engine and add a acrylic display like the big AT-AT's have