Author Topic: Two Seater AT-ST!  (Read 14772 times)

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
Re: Two Seater AT-ST!
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »
I dont not this much stuff, they are way behind and have no reason as to why makes no sense to me.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »

Anyone else remember a release date for Hasbro this bad?

I've really only started paying attention to street dates within the last few years; but either way, I'm in agreement that it doesn't seem like Hasbro has been this bad with the dates in the past.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 01:37:15 PM »
O K I received my extra AT-ST in the mail today so I opened one up. 

First impressions are, This thing was over hyped and is NOT impressive to me at all.

Why,

The Legs, Poor design that to me isn;t accurate, the feet pads are way undersized, infact the old AT-ST had a larger footprint.  Also what's with teh articulation to the legs, why would I want the legs to be able to hinge and swing OUTWARD, plain old stupid.  The Cockpit looks good but it looks way out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle, the torso if you will call it is very small compaired to the head, the "neck post" is a terrible idea and design,

All in all I am VERY dissapointed in this and am really thinking about taking my boxed one back to the store, It's not worth the 45 smackers,  To me and this is only my opinion, I prefer the older design, while smaller to me it is more to scale with itself than this monstrosity. This thing SUCKS

Sarge gives it the big thumbs down,  not an official review but take it for what it is.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
Just for grins, here is a shot of my custom next to the new version,  If you fix the legs on the old one it stands just as tall as the new one out of the box, and from a distance looks more proportioned. 

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
Sarge, what is your opinion on how hard it would be to fix the legs and feet on this? Too difficult or not worth the time?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »
I think it could be done, but it would be a good amount of work,  I will be experimenting with mine hopefully this weekend

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 04:33:28 PM »
I will be eager to see what you come up with and see if you do fix yours how hard it will be to replicate. I would sure love to get another one of these to make accurate and Hothize up.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
pass for now, even though NFC's review is pretty much a love letter.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »
pass for now, even though NFC's review is pretty much a love letter.
I was just surprised by how much coole it actually is in hand than I expected.  I knew it would be an improvement but I really only picked it up because the push button walking gimmick on the old one drives me nuts.  And then I happened to be plesantly surprised by how different the new one was.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »
I was thinking about replacing the foot pads with the Endor foot pads whenever I find one. I was also thinking about adding weights to the  feet and maybe some styrene to the legs. Then a total repaint.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
I really like the new design, I have no need for the legs to go outward but if you watch in ROTJ when the walker is stepping on the logs the legs do go outward I am guessing this was an added feature to recreate that seen with the logs. reguardless of the new flaws it is a vast improvement over the old walker,

1- No annoying push button
2- It stands up Straight
3- Bigger cockpit
4- Added flip up shutters over the Windows
5- Accurate guns
6- no goofy top blaster

While it is not to say movie accurate it is a far better version than the old one, I prefer this version for its size when placed in my troop columns I get a sense that it is a real vehicle and the Empire strikes back AT-S is diffrent than the ROTJ version. But thats my opinion and I do not want to sway anyone pick one up for yourself and see what you think if you do not like it more for me lol.

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009, 11:37:35 PM »
Thanks Wayne !!  ;D

I didn't really want to come up with the loot for one and now I don't hafta feel i'm miss'n out.  :D

My wallet is light enough since I had to buy this new Computer... :P
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 06:36:05 AM »
Hey Rodger good to see you and don't forget all the decent reviews this thing is getting from our folks. I am in the middle, I like the newer bigger more accurate size and I feel the legs and feet just need work. Ofcourse the folks here can do that work. I am anxious to see one of em try it to see what they can actually do with it. No getting out of it that easy Rodge! It has some decent merits. Sarge is like me, he gets ticked when Hasbro gives us a new design, but misses just a few key things for an item that could be totally over the top. I need to go get this review and NFC's on the fp now that I think about it.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 06:47:41 AM »
Mine isn't a review,  It's just me unhappy with this offering,  others will love it others will hate it,  I say take a good look for yourself once you see it on the shelf or in some of the great shots already taken on here and then decide. I am rarley very happy with Hasbro as I really feel they shortcut way to many items that could easily be improved.