Author Topic: Your best steal?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Your best steal?
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »
Just wondering what your best steal was. I have a few. Most are Action Fleets.

Just last night I picked up the Jorg Sacul pilot, complete with helmet, blaster and Micro Machines X-wing for $20 off ebay.

I believe in '05 or '06 there was a toy show in my area. Very rare for something like that to happen. I decided to attend. Good thing I did, I ended up finding the AF E-wing (boxed) and TIE Defender (loose) for $60 each. At first I did a double take, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me lol. I bought both for $120. Usually one of those alone goes for $90+ on ebay. Conveniently I had $120 on me at the time. Go figure.

I got Jabba's Sail Barge off ebay for under $20. Usually I see it go for around $30, maybe a little more.

I picked up a huge lot off ebay a few years ago, a lot of the ships I was missing. Also included in the lot was the E-wing. The lot was a buy it now of $90. I thought it was a steal, as I was getting many ships I had been missing, as well as an extra E-wing, which as I said earlier goes for about $90+. Seeing I had the extra E-wing, I sent it out to wraithnine (rasputin37) who didn't have one.

Lastly, I bought 4 AFs off a Canada website. They were the Falcon, Green A-wing, and I'm forgetting the other 2. I didn't have pictures but the guy told me they were loose, complete and great condition, and he had perfect feedback. I trusted him and went through with the deal. When I got the lot, I was more then happy to see the Green A-wing was without the emblems, which is VERY hard to find. I payed $15 for each.

You guys are gonna laugh at this one. This is an "almost steal" I had a few years ago. From time to time I'll search craigslist for AF, see if maybe I can get some deals, even though craigslist is local. I once searched through google "Star Wars Action Fleet TIE Defender craigslist" or some variation of that, maybe without the 'Star Wars'. Anyway, I came across one listing from a lady in Florida. She was selling the TIE Defender for $10! Of course I called her, I asked if she would be willing to ship it out, I would pay for shipping. She agreed, she just had to find it. This went on for a few weeks, and I told her I was serious into purchasing it, as what her listing said. One time I called from my cell, no answer. I tried maybe 20 minutes later, but blocked my number. She answered. After a while I just gave up. She either didn't want to ship it out or found out how rare it really is haha. I tried lol.

So what are some of your steals?
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: Your best steal?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
Ah now this is a good thread. Cool idea GL1! I'd have to mention that right around the early 2000s the Thrift Store known as Good Will went online with an auction website a bit like ebay. They sell the items that are too good to be in their stores and at bargain basement starting prices. Auctions last a week. Right when it first started it was pretty unheard of and you could get amazing deals. I got back into serious collecting of Star Wars figures right around this time and they had a lot of primo unopened stuff. I scooped up mint in package battle packs, vehicles, and other figures. All for really cheap. They had things that were currently in the stores as well as things a few months to a few years post production. It was also a great way to buy comics by the lot. But eventually the collectors found it and now it's very very rare to get a real steal of a deal from them. You pretty much have to fight tooth and nail for what you want.

Other than that, I usually check the lot sales on eBay. One time I picked up about 30 modern Imperial troopers, some loose saga legends/TVC, some carded saga and TVC all for about $40. I was raised a bargain hunter, yard sale hound, so I try to get a good deal on anything I can.

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »
I think my best steal was the Target Exclusive X-Wing with Wedge and Droid for five bucks on clearance. I about ran out of the store to make sure no one was coming after me!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:44:59 AM »
AFE - I am like that as well with finding bargins on ebay. That's how I scored those deals with the Action Fleets. In the end, patience is a virtue. Great score on that figure lot as well!

Tamer - That is one hell of a steal. I think retail they went for around $40-50. I don't blame you for running out of there haha.

Speaking of X-wings, another steal of mine. I bought off ebay the POTF FX X-wing for $10, and shipping was $8 so total $18. The only thing missing was the missile, but the electronics make up for it.   ;D
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
Most of the Blue-ray/deleted wave fig's for $4 each at a local WalMart, where NO ONE understands how Hasbro markets their figures...

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »
Just found a GI Joe defiant on Ebay that was about 90% complete, crawler and all. I messaged the seller and offered him $150. He agreed and I also told him about my custom making. He's interested in a GI Joe zombie some point in the future. We talked over the deal and with the crawler, which I don't have a use for, it'd be almost $150 just to ship it. So I told him I'd just take the Shuttle and Booster for $100. He agreed with shipping included. They're now on my work bench and I cannot wait to work on them! :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:56:35 AM by ActionFigEmpire »

"For the Empire!"

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 05:24:20 AM »
YEAH!!!  Glad to hear you got you one!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 08:57:31 AM »
Haha yeah they're so incredibly HUGE! I also scored an ROC NightRaven that I will be converting into a Sith vessel.

"For the Empire!"

Offline lostcauze501st

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »
Went to my local flea market today and found a loose GI JOE Mobile Pit Headquarters, it's missing an antenna and a missile but is otherwise complete, and the guy only wanted $5 for it.  ;D

I've cleaned it up and plan on turning it into some kind of imperial or pirate land vessel.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
Sounds cool can't wait!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline deus92503

• Cadet
  • School Bus Drivin' Uber Star Wars Geek
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »
Geez, where to start how about a RAH Stormtrooper missing his left foot for $9 bucks plus $8 s/h. I bought a RAH Sandtrooper foot from a China seller for $6 used a bit of Paint thinner to get rid of the Sand Look and repainted he came with stand and blaster as well and looks awesome. Got an At-te on the bay for $2.76 in auction because the seller was a "Junk Dealer" and listed it as a "Star Trak Tank" With $15 s/h missing all 7 missiles but otherwise complete and clean all working lights and electronics. Am 1985 landspeeder for $.99 from a local buyer with $3 s/h . and my prize steal. A Complete MIB Sideshow Gree unopened for $14.98 at auction with $10 s/h.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »
Wow, a Sideshow Gree for 15 bucks?

Spookymufu

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »
I bought Lukes taun taun and then it went on clearance so I went back to get the adjustment but they required me to return it and purchase another one at the reduced price, but they didnt have any more so I grabbed the landspeeder and bought that, the lady got distracted and put both the taun taun AND the speeder in my bag and so I walked out with both but only paid for the speeder on clearance.......yeah technically I stole it but she put it in my bag and so it was her fault right? right?...... :)

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »
I bought the large Falcon a couple years ago for $50 off craigslist. When i went to pick it up the guy gave me 10 figures. Said his son never played with it. It just sat on the floor.

Also bought Luke Degobah Xwing for $20 off craigslist about a year ago.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 02:35:59 AM »
I got the Biggs Target Exclusive X-Wing for five bucks. Thought that was good. Wow, some great steals you guys are having. ;D