Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 41162 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2010, 06:41:53 AM »
IMPERIAL HORIZON!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »
I just read Darth Bane, Path of Destruction and Deathtroopers in the last 2 weeks. As for Deathtroopers??? I hate Zombie stuff and I really wish Star Wars would stay away from it.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »
I hate Zombie stuff and I really wish Star Wars would stay away from it.

I love zombie movies and whatnot; but I totally agree--Star Wars and zombies are two totally different genres in my mind and should never, EVER come together.  Zombies and Star Wars is not like peanut butter and chocolate.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »
I picked up Fatal Alliance just after it s release at a local Hastings... Last one they had... at their ussual promotional release price of %50 off a new hardback. I finished reading it for a third time on friday night before the most recent CW cartoon.
I really am liking this storyline, and look forward to future books of this era.
I hope they continue it for at least a couple more books.
I also picked up the latest installment of The Wheel of Time series "Towers of Midnight". I have been looking forward to this one for so long... I did miss the first week promotional deal at Hastings of %50 off cover price, but still got it for $19.99 plus tax. So far I have the entire series in first print, first release hardcover.
If you cant tell, I love this series. There are college level classes where people discuss only this series, and websites with a very comprehensive FAQ section about it. And if you cant find an answer, you can post new topics for discussion and hopefully gain some insight about it.
It is not something you can pick up and read out of order and understand fully, but each book contains a glossary which helps out alot sith anything that may cause you to have questions. A very Tolkeinesque series(not sure about spelling on that one), with books about books and lots of info about what the author has created within the series character and world wise.
I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys reading alot... these books are all massive... and it is about the most consistently well written series I have ever read. Even with Mr Sanderson taking over the ending the story, it follows Mr Jordans style so well, I am hooked.
I really enjoyed the Conan series books written by Mr Jordan when I was younger.
I like big long books. My job has always given me lots of time away from home with little to do, so I read... that is what I do for my "me" time.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
clive cussler
treasure
391 ad
fanatics destroy the greatest storehouse of knowledge and treasure in the ancient world - the great libary and museum of alexandria . But a few conspirators secretley remove the most preicous items and ship them to a distant, desolate  land, hiding them deep in the specially excavated stronghold .....

1991 ad
A UN plane, with the secretary-general aboard, crashes in the icy waters of greenland, bought down by a monstrously cunning terrorist conspiracy. trouble-shooter supreme dirk pitt, in the area on an undercover search mission for a crippled soviet submarine, suddenly finds himself caught up in an even more dangerous vortex of complex intrigue

dirk pitt's quest for the alexandrian treasure combines with his battle against the forces of murderous international terrorism in an outstanding story of razor's-edge suspense.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
clive cussler
treasure
391 ad
fanatics destroy the greatest storehouse of knowledge and treasure in the ancient world - the great libary and museum of alexandria . But a few conspirators secretley remove the most preicous items and ship them to a distant, desolate  land, hiding them deep in the specially excavated stronghold .....

1991 ad
A UN plane, with the secretary-general aboard, crashes in the icy waters of greenland, bought down by a monstrously cunning terrorist conspiracy. trouble-shooter supreme dirk pitt, in the area on an undercover search mission for a crippled soviet submarine, suddenly finds himself caught up in an even more dangerous vortex of complex intrigue

dirk pitt's quest for the alexandrian treasure combines with his battle against the forces of murderous international terrorism in an outstanding story of razor's-edge suspense.

thats creepy i am reading the same book     again!   am a massive Cussler fan since my dad lent me he's copy of Raise the Titanic  ,love the Dirk Pitt novels ,they're real page turners !
p.s.  if you like that one, try Deep Six
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
Almost 2 weeks ago I picked up the latest Fate of the Jedi series installment titled Vortex at a local Hastings in hardback for$12.99 plus tax.
I spent a week away from home at a school for work and figured I would have plenty of time to read it. I was wrong about that. A week with homework every night never dawned on me. I managed to read about a chapter a day before bed all week, and finished it off in a day when I got home.
I am liking this storyline and the evolution of the characters and events, but it makes you wonder how far they will continue with this story arc. I think there are three more books coming to complete it, but that means nothing.
I have also been checking out the downloadable content for the upcoming novel Red Harvest excerpts  and the Lost Tribe of the Sith stories off starwars.com... the LToS stories are also in the back of the Fate of the Jedi books as well. Both are worth checking out and the price is right... does not get much better than free.
I am looking forward to reading all of Red Harvest when it is released. I tend to like the pre- pre-prequel stories. And how can stories about Sith not be worth checking out?

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
clive cussler
treasure
391 ad

1991 ad

thats creepy i am reading the same book     again!   am a massive Cussler fan since my dad lent me he's copy of Raise the Titanic  ,love the Dirk Pitt novels ,they're real page turners !
p.s.  if you like that one, try Deep Six

hey my dad lent me raise the titanic too ! very creepy ! i love clive cusslers and i just got vixen 03 should be a goody !
im  on page 300 and feel really sorry for that old car dirk has . looks like him and doc. sharp may get together .

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »
The Hunt For Red October, baby!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2010, 08:01:30 AM »
just started vixen 03 im already 300 pages into it  ;D

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
I'm about halfway through a Tom Clancy book called " End War" the Hunted. It's pretty good if you're into special ops military stuff.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »
I started Death Troopers

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
ohh forgot this thread ! i just started chris ryan the one that got away , where he tells the story of when he gets stucked in iraq and fights his way to the syrian border ! great book so far !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2011, 04:18:54 AM »
I haven't bought a book since the Star Wars authors and graphic authors started writing their stuff!

I just finished In my Fathers Footsteps, finished up the latest chapter of X-Wing Alliance, and now I am reading the adventures of Sarlaac Squad which I need to get on the fp by the way Volker! Good stuff here. If they keep going I may never have to buy a book again till they get published. Maybe I can get an autographed copy some of the first printed when these guys do?

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
andy macnab immediate action where he tells the story of him in the sas