Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 41147 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »
I'm about a third way into Agents of Chaos I: Heroes Trial.  I'm getting more into these books now (it was so hard after reading the RC series!), and I think I have identified most with Anakin Solo.  And before anyone out there spoils it for others, yes I DO know what befalls him later down the line, unfortunately.  Still, the series isn't bad thus far. 

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »
Still reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I'm at the chapter The Bridge at Khazad Dum.
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
I've actually given up on reading the newest Bane book.
It's just too damn slow imho.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
Finished Fellow ship of the Ring! :)
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »
wow theres a thread for reading  :o lol well i was reading spooks curse but finished ( damn fast reading ) and now ill get to whsmith to buy a padded 3 for 2 pj lightning theif and olypian with a spooks secret wich will cover me for 3 days maybe 2 days  ;)

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »
Started The Two Towers last week.
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
Gunk magazine xD
It's a belgian gaming magazine, I don't like reading books at all to be honest. Don't know why, never really liked reading stuff other than forums, magazines, subtitles (movies and games),...

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
I hear alot of people say that, they don't like to read books. I can't imagine life without them. It's an escape from reality for me, temporarily takes me away from stress and problems here in the real world. Plus, I read before I go to sleep and I often have Tie fighters, X-Wings, and lightsabers in my dreams. You should try it. Reading is Fundamental!

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »
Well, I tried a few books but never really gotten into it, and my other hobbies really take away time to read aswell. I'm a very fanatic gamer, especially in World of Warcraft (We're a guild that does 10 man raiding only and in that 10 man branche we are in the top 15 of the world). And I'm a student aswell, so not too much time left i'm afraid  :-\

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2010, 06:47:43 PM »
Try reading Heir to the Empire. It was the 1st book that kicked off Star Wars Expanded Universe and it got me hooked reading Star Wars.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »
I picked up the Thrawn Trilogy Hardcover Graphic novel and the latest Fate of the Jedi novel, Backlash.
I reread the Thrawn trilogy just before getting the graphic novel...  It is 480-some pages of awesome...
It is not really straight from Zahn's novels, but the stories were well told and the artwork well done and showed lots of fore-thought and planning in the delivery of the story through a visual means.
The book was pretty expensive, but I am pleased with the purchase... and it took me all of 4 hours to read it....
As for Backlash... I have only read 20 or 30 pages, but it is a good read, and thus far I like the progression of the novel and the overall plotline of the series.
It has got me wondering  just where the next major plotline might be taking the SW universe....

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
The Thrawn Trilogy comic adaptations are cool, but if you just read those and not the books then you will miss out on part of the story. I would have to say the comics are Abridged. I read the books and then a couple of years later after all 3 books had been adapted to comics I went through and reread the books. After each chapter, I read the comic book up to the end of the chapter. That is the best way. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into the Expanded Universe. But I started in '96 when Star Wars became hot again and we were all getting hyped up for the special editions. It lead me to going all out and reading all the books and comics, not to mention my addiction to action figures. I am ready to get started on the Fate of the Jedi books. Book one is about to come out in paperback so I am excited.

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2010, 01:58:13 AM »
Try reading Heir to the Empire. It was the 1st book that kicked off Star Wars Expanded Universe and it got me hooked reading Star Wars.
I will certainly try it, 1 more week of school and then there's a 2 week holiday. Gonna try picking it up then.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »
i finished pj and the lightning theif and pj and the last olympian good reads and getting pj and the battle of the labrynth and trying to find some sw books

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
got rc imperial commando FIVE OH FIRST BABY OOOO YEAHH a great read and i like the character of rede wide eyed spaarti clone who needs a freind