Author Topic: Man vs. Food  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Man vs. Food
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
Has anyone watched this show on The Travel Channel?  I have to say, it's one of my favorite out there right now.  First and foremost, I didn't get the nickname "Phatty" for nothing; I LOVE food!  So to watch Adam Richman travel about to several cities to taste the best that town has to offer, capping it off by undertaking a particular restaurant's Challenge, is so much fun for me.  Problem is, I want to make all the food I saw on the show!  For example, when he visited Chicago, he went to Al's Italian Beef, where the Italian beef sandwich got it's start, then to Gino's East pizza for true Chicago style pizza.  For the challenge, he went to Lucky's Sandwich Shop outside of Wrigley Field for the Lucky's Challenge: 3 thick cut turkey sandwiches topped with handfuls of coleslaw and french fries in under one hour!  Sometimes Man wins, sometimes Food wins.  It's a boatload of fun to watch.

In fact, I'm in the planning stages of a Midwest Pilgrimage, visiting 7 cities in 7 days, sampling the awesome food Adam did in those cities.  I'd be starting off in Indianapolis, then to Knoxville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, and ending in Chicago.  I think it's going to be fun!  I just have to find people to travel along with me!

If you haven't seen the show, here's the website to check out showtimes and locations!  http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
Re: Man vs. Food
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »
I have seen the show, for Indianapolis go to St. Elmo's and eat their entire shrimp cocktail and ALL the horseradish that it's served in, IT IS HOT.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:02:16 PM by hannsfartknocker »
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline beast from the east

• Lieutenant
  • I am Merman
    • My websites
Re: Man vs. Food
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
He makes me so hungry. I love that show.
A deli in my grocery store make a sandwitch called a Dagwood.(for those who don't know, It's named after Dagwood Bumsted comicstrip Blondie)  Its 9"X6"X4" flatbread with 4 types of meat on it and lettuc,mayo and mustard. Itis some good.