Author Topic: My Favorite Movies  (Read 4694 times)

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
My Favorite Movies
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
I like these movies what do you think?  Predators, Monty Python And The Holy Grail, Jason And The Argonauts, Clash Of The Titans (old version), Pulp Fiction, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Hellraiser, Dirty Harry, and Tron.
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: My Favorite Movies
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
The original Clash of the  Titans is a great flick in my opinion.  Sure, it looks dated; but that's part of its charm.

I was a tad let down by Predators.  Honestly, though I want to see it again.  My movie experience wasn't so great and that might have hurt my perception of the movie itself.  Someone sitting next to me in the theater smelled downright awful--in fact it was so bad I had to move.  My second seat was next to some gal who had apparently never been to a film remotely within this genre--she jumped and squealed loudly at every little thing.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
lol it screamed when the predator on the pole yelled at the guys :)
-Thrawn's last words

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
predator is epic!  ;D

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »
lol it screamed when the predator on the pole yelled at the guys :)

Yeah, but that was worthy of a yell.   ;)  I tell ya, the nutbar I had sitting next to me seemed to get startled by the simplest of things--like characters loading their weapons.  She was THAT bad.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »
thats how my mom is  ;D
-Thrawn's last words

Offline beast from the east

• Lieutenant
  • I am Merman
    • My websites
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »
I might get some bashing for this but I love Lord of the Rings(All three) a little more than the 6 saga series of Star Wars. I like movies with sequels even though most of them are bad(sequels).I guess I like the same characters in a different situation like the Original Planet of the Apes Nightmare in Elm Street.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Ole Clonehead likes the Lord of the Rings too. I must say the first real book I read was the Hobbit and I was hooked ever since on em too. I can't wait to see them do the Hobbit on screen. They must get Smaug right. That daggone cat looking dragon from the cartoon haunts me, I have every cartoon and anime movie they made from this. Ever see the Bakshi version? Very good. So, you could say there are a few of us that like that series too.

As for the new Predator it was ok, I kinda thought the bigger tougher ones were a step up, but sure did wish the one lashed originally to the pole had gotten some revenge before he got waxed. I liked it enough to hope they do a follow up. I sure hope its better than the follow up to Aliens vs. Predator. I sure did like the first one, but that second one where the Predalien gets loose in the town and then gets into the neonatal ward at the hospital was a bit too gory even for my rather excessive tastes. I keep hoping we will see the Preds in larger groups than squads taking on an enemy thats as tough or almost as tough as they are. Couldn't you see them fighting an interstellar war?

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 03:03:01 AM »
i loved the first predator because it was all exotic and guns and " yur von ugly mutherf***** "

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »
I might get some bashing for this but I love Lord of the Rings(All three) a little more than the 6 saga series of Star Wars.

You'll get no bashing from me for liking LOTR either.   :)  Those movies rate well above the Star Wars Prequels for me.  I'm anxiously waiting for The Hobbit to make it to the big screen myself. 

And I agree, I hope whoever comes up with the visual concept for Smaug doesn't go for some silly homage to the cat head version.  If they stick to the concept artists from the LOTR movies, they should be fine.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 03:26:20 AM »
I kind of liked the hairy cat headed version from the rankin bass cartoon.
Baksi version?
The hobbit was also my first real read in grade school and since then I believe I have read it 11-12 times.

I have no doubt that they will use the same two conceptual artists that were there for the lotr series.
I'm so glad that del toro is not going to direct now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:44:53 AM »
Baksi version?

Ah you haven't seen that version. Do you have a VHS player? I might have to send you that in my next box. I am trying to do away with my VHS tapes they take up more room and dvds are much more durable.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:04 AM »
Yes, I still have one or two laying about. I even have one hooked up in the bedroom. Was that version good?

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Commodore
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:12 AM »
what was the predator on the pole's name I think it was falconer or tracker?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:31:02 AM by hannsfartknocker »
-Thrawn's last words

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
what was the predator on the pole's name I think it was falconer or tracker?

I believe predator-on-a-pole is more or less known as simply the classic version.  The falconer was one of the three new ones who had the mechanical bird.  The tracker predator was in charge of the hounds.  So their designations aren't so much names as they are classifications.