Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME ONE - Completed!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME ONE - Completed!
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
Hey folks. As suggested by hangarbar94, here's a separate topic with Volume One of 'Tales From The Clone Wars' in its entirety!

Issue One:

Issue Two:

Issue Three:

Issue Four:

Issue Five:

Issue Six:

Issue Seven:

Issue Eight:

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME ONE - Completed!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
I must say, this had me riveted to my computer screen the whole time. Good work man! I recognized models/environments from KotOR and the Jedi Academy games. How'd you do that? Must've taken a long time.

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »
Impressive. Most impressive. I know you've probably been asked this before (and if you have, my apologies,) but how do you make these? Do you have any sort of progress shots to show us? And if you HAVE been asked that and responded already, please link to the topic; I'd REALLY love to see that!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
I had a bit of a nostalgia trip myself reading through Volume One here today - it's been years since I started this comic, can hardly believe it's still going!!

To answer your question about the process, here's a re-post of a reply I made in the original Volume One thread many pages back on this forum:

"1. The first thing I do is fire up Photoshop, starting with a single panel (usually 300 x 250, but varying depending on what is required):

2. The next step is to take a screenshot for the background; 90% of the time these come from Raven Software's "Star Wars: Jedi Academy" video game, but other games, films or images may be used depending on what is needed. Once the right background is found, it is applied to the panel:

3. I then minimise Photoshop in favour of another piece of software called 'ModView'. This is a handy tool that allows me to view and pose certain types of 3D models, in this case ones primarily designed to work with the aforementioned 'Academy' game:

4. I open up the chosen model - in this case  one of Jango Fett:

5. Using certain animation files, I'm able to pose the Fett model into whatever position I require - for example, aiming a blaster pistol:

6. Thanks to a feature in ModView that allows me to select a single-colour background (similar to how green- and blue-screen work in films) I am able to Print-Screen, Copy, and Paste the image of Fett onto Photoshop, and then remove everything but the model itself using the Magic Wand tool. The now background-less image of Fett can be composited onto the panel:

7. This process is repeated for however many people/droids/vehicles appear in the panel (though for the example I'll stick with just Fett), and then the whole thing is transferred to a new template - the comic page:

8. Once all the panels on a page have been finished, standard Photoshop techniques can then be used to add speech bubbles, lasers and any other special effects needed:

9. With all the models position, panels completed, and special effects added, you have one full comic page ready to be published!

It's a lengthy process, but I hope you guys find this useful!

- Kualan"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:34:37 AM »
Time to get this on the front page. Kualan it seems like only yesterday doesn't it! Thank you for continuing to create and share this with us.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 02:55:29 AM »
i have to agree i HAD to finish it!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »
That is a great breakdown of your process. Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.