Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Television

Star Wars The Bad Batch

(1/39) > >>

Tamer:

Finally some new Star Wars on the horizon.

RC-1136:
Pleasantly optimistic for this.  ()rr

Tamer:
Yeah, me too. It will be nice to get some new Star Wars.

Tamer:
Well I watched the new series premier last night and it was good. I don't want to give to much away, but it was really interesting to see more light shed on Order 66 and the conditioning of the clones and I love seeing Kamino.

I think it was a great start and I can never get enough of seeing Tarkin. It will be interesting to see what trouble this squad gets into while on the run from the new Empire. Makes you wonder what OT main characters we will get to see along the way. I kind of feel we just a continuation of the Clone Wars Series which is nice. I am not sure if we need a spoiler area or not. Maybe we will just wait till a week from the release date and then spoil away?

Darth More:
I watched the first episode with a friend yesterday night and we were happily surprised to see that it was 75 minutes long! That was a nice treat to start with!

So here's my first impression after watching it once. NO SPOILERS AHEAD!

- my friend binge-watched the entire Clone Wars series and is thrilled about it. I myself only know a few episodes here and there. He told me I must watch all of it as well and he was also very tied into the 7th season emotionally.
- saw a post on Instagram where someone made a logo for The Bad Batch Clone Wars - Season 8 and I got to say it feels like The Clone Wars and that's a massive win in my book.
- it's impressive to see how much the textures have improved since Season 1 of The Clone Wars!

Beginning:
- the setting is chosen wisely, really like the green design for the Clone Commander there.
- pushing the three AATs sideways to get rid of them was a nice touch and an interesting idea if you think about repulsive drive a little more.
- was great to see the "Bad Batch" in action.
- my friend really enjoyed the hint at REBELS, the German voice actor sounded a little too old for the character for my taste though. Have to watch it again in English tonight.

What I didn't like:
- that the Padawan didn't yell and asked: "What's going on?!" or "Stop, what are you doing?" or something...I think the reaction during Order 66 would've been more realistic instead of these awkward situations. Just felt a little odd to me.

Progressing plot:
- turns out the characters are chosen wisely and the Bad Batch shows an interesting behavior because they're so different and makes the dynamic so out of balance sometimes. Each member has great attributes. Wrecker stands out the most, but I like all of them.
- as Tamer already said it's great to be back on Kamino. It gave me the chills to see Tarkin sit where Obi-Wan used to sit and how he sat there.
- some heavy Attack of the Clones flashbacks kicking in there, not only from the depicted scenes in particular.
- The red Commander looked nice as well! But it breaks my heart a bit how the Clones treat each other. They're probably all tired of the war.
- the parallel events are such a great element in this episode. It was great to see where The Batch was when Obi-Wan found Grievous in Revenge of the Sith.
- Darth Sidious speech in front of the Clones gave me the chills even though it was another direct element from RotS.
- the background elements and new characters (Kaminoans!) give SO MUCH new inspiration for future custom figures and vehicles! Love the transport vehicles in the Hangar for example. RC-1136 would nail this one as a custom I'm sure!
- honestly, the five guys feel a little odd as a Squad, but I'm sure that's exactly what it's supposed to feel like. The odd squad. I was surprised when one of them was addressed as "Trooper" and CT and not as RC or Republic Commando...
- I think the dark atmosphere within the First Galactic Empire is captured and executed brilliantly.
- it feels The Clone Wars has grown up so to say, it doesn't feel childish at times anymore and I wouldn't consider it a series for kids anymore. Some scenes in The Clone Wars were too violent for my taste to be considered for children.
- The entire crew of The Bad Batch heavily reminds me of The Expendables with Hunter being Sylvester Stallone and Wrecker being Gunnar Jensen for example...but that's just me.

Conclusion:

After my first view without having watched any other "reaction to" videos before, I can say: This series feels familiar, but also new and refreshing at the same time!
And I cannot wait to see the second episode this Friday! I'm thrilled to see how the plot and characters develop.

Any good content made by Di$ney is a treat for me and I'm thankful for it. Else I was done with Disney Star Wars...
Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version