Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24197 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 09:52:24 PM »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Vadersfist

• Ensign
    • Collectors Forum
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 08:54:33 AM »
I'm absolutely loving this series on D+ but i know i want it on dvd asap. I can't wait for EP7 now that I've seen 6 just a few days ago.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 01:15:15 PM »
Episode 7 was amazing. Chow's directing leaves me with a lot of hope for the Obi-Wan Kenobi series coming to Disney+.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. It was the culmination of plot coming together with a perfectly tied bow.

The Imperial Remnant appears to be less fractured in this sector than I originally thought. It was also interesting to see baby Yoda use force choke, which is a dark side power. It would seem he's capable of using both sides of the force.

Man... as for that death, I hope he is avenged. After being a slave for so long, at least he died free.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:06:21 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2019, 03:36:00 AM »
Chapter 6 was another awesome episode. A very classic tale. I just loved seeing those floating security droids, clearly based on the R1 droid seen in the Jawa sale in ANH. Kinda Dalek-like too :) The crew was a terrific mix of characters, loved that droid and the Devaronian, who appears to be fireproof?! And baby Yoda at the end was just too funny. The look on his little face was priceless!

Minor nit pick: once chaos ensued, all the other prisoners went silent. I'd have expected some sort of riot would start.

Chapter 7 is probably my favourite so far, although it's got to be by the slightest of margins. This whole show is just wonderful. I don't trust IG-11 for one bit, though. I think it has some sort of original setting deep inside its memory core, that will kick it back into bounty hunting mode, the moment the opportunity arises. This chapter has a very Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid vibe to it, with the standoff and all. And what about landing a TIE Fighter! Where did that come from?! What a shame about Kuill, though.... He died honourably, though. I have spoken.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »
What a joy this episode was. It had so many elements, I will post the breakdown video once it's ready. I can't wait for season two!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:22:31 AM by RC-1136 »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2019, 06:16:40 PM »
Liked the season a lot. Very affective SW without having any Jedi or lightsabers etc... With all of EP8 it makes a perfect jump off for the second season which is literally going to be LONE WOLF AND CUB.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 07:05:25 AM »
I can't even imagine having a Mando with Yoda like force powers. Its gonna be great.

I really liked the last episode too. Loved the Mando Armourer taking on those Stormies and hoping she made it out to start the new covert.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 07:06:27 AM »
SPOILERS AHAEAD

S2E1

Here're my first impressions:

The Marshall

1. Beginning:
Was great to see the scene from the trailers. Must've been fun to spray-paint the wall at the street. I wonder which graffiti artist(s) they hired to paint it. Was that an image of 3PO there? Very cool after all. After Mando left the arena, I was reminded of Corellia - was it Corellia? Looked similar to some scenes of SOLO.

2. Easter Eggs
So far I was happy to not be reminded of the Sequel Trilogy. Well, fortunately that Zuvio was only a hint. I think it qualifies for an Easter Egg I guess...

3. Old Places
Was great to see more shots of Tatooine. Heavy Knights of the Old Republic vibes here. The close ups on the Banthas and detail on the Womp Rats is just awesome!

4. The Marshall
One can tell that Favreau played a little with fans' predictions here. The Marshall reminded me of Steve Evans, but OnlyOneKenobi shared his thoughts on Instagram and how much he reminded him of FlyGuy from FlyGuydotnet! Haven't thought about that, but actually this is so spot on and the more I think about it, the more I like it. It would've been so epic if they really gave Mr FlyGuy the role...

5. References
Nice to see some references to the Prequels. But did they really have to recycle that turbine?
I can see many more Hasbro toys here. As far as I know they like to recycle existing molds, too!

6. The downs
The only scene that's too disney for me is the second meeting with the mechanic and her Pit Droids in the landing bay. The dialogue is just...ugh. But maybe it's just the silliness of her character that I can't handle.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:08:17 AM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
Boba Fett!!!!!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2020, 01:09:31 PM »
Boba Fett!!!!!

You said it! You named it first 😉

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »
This was the "Tremors" episode. I also found it funny that Cobb did more cool shit with Fett's armor in one episode than Fett did in 3 movies LOL

Those were not womprats, they were Scurriers from the SE of ANH.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2020, 04:04:07 AM »
Thank you for the hint, Dan! I thought they changed the designs for the Womp Rats...the design for the Krayt Dragon however seems to have changed quite a bit! It looked significantly different in the Knights of the Old Republic games.
Watching the latest episode of Mando brought back some serious flashbacks. It's like a combination of The Hobbit, Godzilla, Pacific Rim and Pokémon. I'd prefer if it was a giant Sandworm they have to get rid of. I cannot imagine a Krayt Dragon mowing through the sand like this with the given anatomy. But that's just me...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2020, 04:43:23 AM »
Lol I was thinking Tremors too. I think they were trying to go with something more like Dune, but it ended up being Tremors. Mando should have just shot sheriff Billy Bob Thornton and taken the armour. This is the way they're going to stretch this story out four seasons. I'm not a big fan of Easter Eggs, or memberberries, whatever you want to call it but It's entertaining though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2020, 04:56:53 AM »
All I gotta say is this:

I cannot wait to see them interact and him get his armor back.

Dan thanks for that reference to the womp rats, I kept thinking they looked a little tame to be rats. It was great to see Tuskens, I would have liked to seen their village life a bit more, but I will take it. Something seemed off to me about the banthas though, but I liked seeing them too.

Anyone think those mining bad guys the sheriff first took on looked like Hydra Soldiers? Kept thinking that when he was fighting them off and I agree with Dan it was cool to see the sheriff do some great stuff with Boba's armor. I liked that strobing red light on the upper right of it too. I don't remember it doing that in the movies.

The special effects are just so much better now. I can't wait to hear Boba tell us how he got out of the Sarlaac Pit.

I wanted to see the Child do something to that Krayt Dragon. I definitely agree with the Tremors comments. Of course I just watched the new movie last weekend, but it definitely had those vibes.

It was great seeing that Jawa Sandcrawler and all the great droids too. The folks at Hasbro could make us figures for years just on this one episode. I agree it was just a great start to the season!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2020, 05:04:01 AM »
Great picture, Tamer! Out of all villains that have been resurrected by Lucasfilm because they died too early (being fan favorites), I feel Boba Fett is the most believable. ROTJ and the entire Trilogy counts to the "harmless & stylish" movies. It's good without exaggerated violence (or maybe exactly BECAUSE of that!). So Boba slipped into the Sarlacc to be digested for centuries...but he wouldn't be a Bounty Hunter if he couldn't escape from that. And I agree that he had WAY too little action and screen time back in 1982/83! Maybe Lucas wanted him to stay a background character. But since he's become a fan favorite in no time, it's obvious that this Marshall get to do all the cool stuff with his armor 38 years later.