Author Topic: Star Wars C6: Custom Action Figure Panel Wrap-Up Report  (Read 960 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Star Wars C6: Custom Action Figure Panel Wrap-Up Report
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »

Usually we do posts on our blog about custom action figures themselves.  This time we did more of a journalistic piece that discussed the first historic Star Wars Custom Action Figure Panel at Celebration VI and the community it represented.  I also posted a video featuring numerous Star Wars customizing artists to expose their work to interested parties.  I wish I could have shown more people's work, but I didn't have some of the artist's permission to do so, so I had to use figures from artists that have already agreed to let me show their pieces.  Tracking everyone down and waiting for permission would have meant I'd never publish the piece on time.  The post is a great resource full of links to podcasts, Youtube shows, blogs and Customizing forums. It took days to put together.  I'd really like to get everybody's feedback to make sure I covered as many bases as possible.

Check out the post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/09/star-wars-c6-custom-action-figure-panel.html
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:46:57 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Star Wars C6: Custom Action Figure Panel Wrap-Up Report
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:47 AM »
Brian this is one of the most comprehensive report I have ever read. Very well done and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. You are such a great ambasador for this hobby. Thanks for everything you do to promote action figure customizing among many other art forms we are involved in. I think you should organize the next panel!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »
Thanks L.E.!

I had some unexpected free time yesterday and fleshed the story out a bit more pretty much everywhere.  I spent all weekend just trying to get it done that I left some things out that I had wanted in the article.  It's all in there now complete with picture links and even more hyperlinks.  A lot of customizers on the Yards have their work featured.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:40:20 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:36 AM »
Any Shipyard artists that would like their action figures featured in future CFTK videos, please provide permission in this thread for me to add you to my list of featured artists.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
mate you always have my permission you know that ,just help yourself to any images .and that was a superbly written piece of journalism
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms