Author Topic: Darth Creatine's Customs  (Read 12262 times)

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
Darth Creatine's Customs
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Darth Creatine (Jon). Ares30 told me about this site over on Yakface when I was looking for a few Clone Trooper Casted parts. So I was sent here to look at Clonehead's List and decided to see if I was welcomed and possibly find a home to post my customs.

I dont really post anywhere much no more cause I quit customizing and so have most of my friends. I am now back and wanting to post somewhere so I figured start fresh here. So hello me.

First I have a "few" Clones on my WIP workbench and a Diorama I am painting to take Pics of my customs in front of. I thought I would post a few customs I did a little while back just to get my thread up and going. And to show everyone my work (Be it bad/great or decent, I love the criticism and advice)

Anyways here is my customs:

Darth Creatine: (Personal Figure of me if I was a Sith Lord, Made right before TOR Trailer. Resemblance is close I know)

Darth Bane: Original figure was made without Bane from Hasbro's release. When he came out his head was better so I used it. Not bad Orb's for a first time sculpter I thought.

My version of Captain Rex: (At or near Order 66, if he was alive still??)

Thats all I can find pics of to post right now so I will post these 7-8 I am working on when they are completed. Can we post ONLY Star Wars here or Marvel and such also. Or is there other forums for that?

Thanks for the Welcome's and PLEASE if something is wrong or could be better some how with my customs tell me. Criticism and advice IS welcomed. If you dont like my wash's per-se. Please tell me and if possible show me a site on how to improve it through a tutorial. I am not "The Greatest" so I love help. But I try my best.

Darth Creatine
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:51:07 PM by Darth Creatine »

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
Re: Darth Creatine's Customs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
You definitley are welcome here! I find it hard to beleive that your a first time scultor looking at that darth bane! Are you lying to us?!?! ;)

Offline Darth Creatine

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »
You definitley are welcome here! I find it hard to beleive that your a first time scultor looking at that darth bane! Are you lying to us?!?! ;)

Deff not here is some WIP's to show. I did not even use a Bane figure (Until the head came out) and I used a Windu head and Imperial knight outfit and Maul legs/skirting. First ever sculpt and use of Dremel.

Here are those pics:

Then I switched the head for Bane's once it came out cause I liked its look. I did not even know (Not much better now) how to use wash's perfectly so I painted each orb full on and no shadowing so I had to do it slowly and add black and color VERY slowly.

Darth Creatine

PS: More work went into the orbs with the dremel and also the shoulderpads came off and such but I took no more pics until completed sorry. In the first pic above with the Aves Apoxie ball on the figure case is the Orbs before I made it lol.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:20:03 PM by Darth Creatine »

Jon

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
AWESOME CUSTOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
a great lot of customs mate... i dont see any thing wrong with your wash's mate... welcome to the yards mate you will fit right in!!  ;D

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:19:48 PM »
wow those are great really good work and you say that you dont have experience but look at all those tools you got to be able to mak esomethig good with all those tools how could you not i wish i had that many tools to work with do you have any websites that show how to do that kind of stuff? did you ever do any videos to show how to get such good work done

i would love it if you did some video tutorials to show how to sculpt that way it looks amzing

Offline Darth Creatine

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
wow those are great really good work and you say that you dont have experience but look at all those tools you got to be able to mak esomethig good with all those tools how could you not i wish i had that many tools to work with do you have any websites that show how to do that kind of stuff? did you ever do any videos to show how to get such good work done

i would love it if you did some video tutorials to show how to sculpt that way it looks amzing

WoW....

I dont really know what to say to be honest. I am kinda silent and reserved now-a-days. I have had a rough road since my military discharge and lost my best friends to a drug problem (I was the one addicted, NOT them). I am 100% over it and clean now and kinda opening back up.

I mention this cause I am VERY hard on myself as of late and to get such good vibes and remarks makes me feel good. I really am not that good. I had alot of help when I first started customizing by a "Very" good friend of mine "Joe". I dont know if he wants his Customizing name revealed as I am not sure he does customs no more. I do know me and him no longer talk much. He talked me into sculpting Bane. He gave me the drive to do it cause I failed a few times and he pushed me to do it. So I give him all the credit. Actually the Darth Creatine and Bane figure I made was sent to him for free. He deserved them. He was my best friend and helped me ALOT...

Long story short. I never made a video cause I have nothing to teach people. I am still learning myself. I would love to one day but as of yet I dont think I am good enough to teach others. I might later. My wash's are ok on Bane but on others like battle damage and weathering mine aren't so good.

I hope to change that this time around.

Thanks again guys (Clonemedic96, TheCloneCommander and DroidDestroyer. Much Respect, Much respect and thanks from you all.

Darth Creatine
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:21:47 PM by Darth Creatine »

Jon

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
they look great mate ,dont sell yourself short   ...oh and welcome ! to the yards!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Darth Creatine

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
they look great mate ,dont sell yourself short   ...oh and welcome ! to the yards!

Thanks Wraithnine,

Coming from you it is an honor for sure. I was here originally looking to contact Clonehead for some casts and saw your 96 pages of customs and looked through them for hours and hours and then found the YouTube channel and watched alot of them for hours more.

You are VERY good. I would like to speak with you one day while you are customizing via webcam or somehow. I would like to do a few customs with you. It would be a great learning experience for me. I must say I love your Special Black Clone named "Cooler" he rocks. I tried to find a pic of him alone and couldn't.

Thanks Mate glad you like my customs. Anywho thanks again. Hope to hear from you soon. Really would like to chat with you sometime. I KNOW I can learn alot from you. Let me know what you think.

Darth Creatine
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:50:17 PM by Darth Creatine »

Jon

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 02:37:36 AM »
Welcome to the yards Jon
your sith customs are top-notch

great job

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »
You certainly are hard on yourself!  Your customs are very good, and I speak for ALL of the Shipyards when I say, we want to see more!  Perhaps joining in on some of our custom contests will help your creative juices flow again!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 02:51:33 PM »
Looks great to me Jon. On the front page. Bring on some more!

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
I saw that Rex on google images a while agoe and I loved it!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Yards!

Offline Darth Abshir

• Rookie Customizer
  • Commander
  • DarthAbshir
    • http://www.starwars.com
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »
Those Figure are Wicked ;D

"Keep Collecting and May the Force be with you"

Offline Darth Creatine

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
Those Figure are Wicked ;D

Thanks Bro,

I am HONORED you think my Custom Figs are Wicked!! I really mean that!

I saw that Rex on google images a while agoe and I loved it!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Yards!

Captain,

I have heard that a few times now. I have made 3 total so far the other 2 from people who saw it and wanted one for there Order 66 sets. Thanks for the boost and I am glad you like my customs. I am glad you Loved it. I had fun making Rex. I love him....

Looks great to me Jon. On the front page. Bring on some more!

Tamer,

Thanks for the FP bro. I logged on today to check out the customs and check my thread and saw it and I was blown away. I am truly in AWE. I think I have found a new custom home. I really feel welcome and good being here. Thanks guys for the warm welcome and I hope to put out some more Figs.

Thanks again

You certainly are hard on yourself!  Your customs are very good, and I speak for ALL of the Shipyards when I say, we want to see more!  Perhaps joining in on some of our custom contests will help your creative juices flow again!

Phatty,

I use to not care what things loked like and also what people thought about me. I was truly a punk. For once in my life I am clean/sober and life is different and alot better. One thing is I care what others think and I try really hard to be the best I can. I love doing toys and have been re-introduced into painting. Thanks for your kind words and I plan on entering a contest soon. I have a few ideas in mind.

Welcome to the yards Jon
your sith customs are top-notch

great job

Thanks Mate,

I am glad to be here. I feel welcomed and after reading the above quotes. I got a sudden rush of Custom Syndrome. Ideas flooded my head so fast I had to write most down and draw up a few quick master prints with the airbrush to not forget the color schemes. It was a sudden rush and it was kinda cool.

Darth Creatine
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:24:20 PM by Darth Creatine »

Jon