Author Topic: Say Hello to my little friend  (Read 6639 times)

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
Re: Say Hello to my little friend
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »
OK JUST BREATH MAN IN OUT IN OUT ! There you go I dont think it has to be a clone or a mando but you are right on the fact that not everybody does these kind of customs but like 98% up here do you should create a non clone cutomizing thread for the ones that do other kinds of customs maybe?

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
I agree with you kreeper, there should be a dedicated thread for non-clones, and they should be featured on the front page as prominently as the Clones and Mandos.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
no Cimter its a fair comment ,thats something to take up with Tamer/Phatty & Co  ,i will be sure to mention it.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 05:27:09 AM »
I have to ask a question what do you have to produce to feature on the front page - or is the front page solely for Clones and Mandos?

Michael, this is now on the front page.  I do apologize if it was not as timely as you would have liked. I wish I had more time here and lately I just can't seem to find the internet time lately. I have also fpd every new custom you have done in the past and hope that if you have an issue like this in the future you might remember that.  This place is for every type of SW custom, not just clones or mandos as our fp postings have shown. Now I can't help it if there are more mando and clonetrooper customs out there as the sheer volume of them we have seen lately is overwhelming, but I can't help what customs people make.  I will try to get to more of these new ones in the upcoming days. And remember folks we (the admins and mods) all have full time jobs and may not be able to get up every new customs the same day it is posted.  Also, if you have an issue with how we are doing things, pm me or one of the other admins or mods as I am reading the last few comments for folks who I know I have fpd thier items and perhaps this could have been cleared up before all sides got their feelings hurt a bit.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 06:21:25 AM »
On the "Effie" droid, what did you use for the tracked base?  Also, I assume the torso and arms are one of the Iron Man iterations?  I like the "centaur"-style droids, I think Jules has one as well, where you have the humanoid torso and up and a very non-standard lower body - be it a tracked chassis, wheeled, repulsorlift, legged, whatever.  I've got some decidedly non-standard droid designs I'm laying out, too, so I'm pulling inspiration from you guys as to what works visually. 

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 07:03:41 AM »
front page brother!!!!!

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »
Mr. Ja, I love your work and the variety of choices.  Keep it up!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
cool work !

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:57 PM »
Congratulations.
You made the Front page....
And this one is the good type...
I like the fact that your customs are just outside what everyone else seems to be doing...
I have looked at plenty of different toys laying around and thought of combining them...what you are doing.
And then I realize they arent mine, even though I bought them and the kids dont play with them.
Great combinations of parts and nice paint work.
Keep them coming.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
The Cimter is back, for how long who knows but expect to see some more updates very soon, and Shawn I agree with what you said and I am pleased to see more than Mandos and Clones are appearing on the front page now as well.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »
yea, good to see you  back on here. Now we need pics of what you have been up to.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 05:50:03 PM »
Yeah, no kidding!  Let's see some of those new customs!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »
As you wish so shall it be - Major Update:

THE DARKER (WIP (Just really tacked together and black paint added)):

NOW!!!!! We present in living color, for the first time anywhere, coming from a Galaxy Far, Far (No even further than that), Far Away - BLOTH THE PIRATE OVERLORD:

Oh and here are the rest enjoy:

I think the character's name is Janek Sunber (or something like that, I know him as Tank)

Was going to be one of the Droids I was going to enter into the Droid Contest, just didn't have him ready for it, and to be honest I still need to do more work on him (Oh and my cat liked him better as a chew toy, hence the loose tubing).

Kirtan Loor (Those familiar with the character will notice I tried to stay true to the comic and used Tarkin's likeness and green uniform).

4 From Aduba just doesn't sound right, oh well eventually the other two will appear.

Revisted Amaiza Foxtrain and got her to look smoother than she did in the skin department.

Effie and every one thought I had went mad, lol ha ha ha heeeee heeeeee, nope only on the weekends.

Captain Plikk (I really need the original Sword Belt for her, actually wouldn't mind the sword either, so if anyone has one to spare let me know - the figure base is the Female Russian character from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull or something like that).

Captain Yarr (ISB Agent) (This one is a real love, hate character (at times I love the character at others I hate it))

Micaj the Slaver is now all done up and ready for action.

Aqualish Thug (He'll most probably end up in Jabba's Palace somewhere)

Yakora Pirate Captain (Still partly needs to be worked on, and still needs to be accessorised)

THESE REMAINING FEW ARE FROM THE COMMUNITY CHEST BOX ON REBELSCUM (I think it may be cool to do one here as well).

Thorpe (The entire figure apart from the Head and Hands came from the box)

Klaatu Thug (Jabba's Palace) (The entire figure came from the box)

Yuuzhan Vong War Beast (I have no idea what this is, it just looked neat, this is from the box as well)

R5-D0 (from the box as well, see Jay isn't the only one who does Astromechs, lol)

Twi'lek Peasant (from the box)

Alien Crime Lord (from the box as well)

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 07:52:11 AM »
those are some awsome customs very very creative!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »
Well done Michael! Now this is a load of custom goodness. The Darker is very interesting, is that the secret saturday figure you were talking about? Bloth is AWESOME! I love that figure and the soft goods I gave you came out great. Looks like he just needs a little work on the black jacket now. The rest look good but I have to skip to Amaiza, she is beautiful. Effie turned ot great, love the paint scheme you decided on. Man you have completed more customs from the box than anyone! Great job and I love the Yak! That picture doesn't do him justice guys, I have seen it in person and you can't make out the details in the pic. Also loving Thorpe, that Das Puhr head repaint is off the hook! Great stuff here all around. Well done buddy.