Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Legacy, Build a Droid, and Vintage Line

2021 marks the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One - Your ideas for TVC!

<< < (2/5) > >>

talonreap:
@JDeck - your list of imperials is exactly what we need! I think the community would love to see some much needed repacks, updates, and completely new officers!

and @Darth More - great idea with the return of battle packs with a good number of great figures! I miss those days as well.

I hope Hasbro has similar thoughts.

I was completely out of the collecting picture during the first TVC run and am only now realizing what I missed! I can't wait for it to return.

Darth More:
@ talonreap: I'm not an expert of Imperial Forces, but JD made a very good point. There's a high demand for updates of these...

Thanks for your comment - let's stay tuned for NY Toy Fair. But honestly I don't expect much. Hasbro should be aware that they have to pull the right triggers now to avoid a complete catastrophe of the line...the entire franchise seems to be in a cristical situation since the house of mouse took over...except for the premium segment of collecatbles such as Sideshow/HotToys or ANOVOS...

Just found this video:

I think this dude points out the current situation quite well! Ater TFA was a massive disappointment for me I didn't even watch TLJ...nor did I buy ANY merchandise since 2015...

And you'll find so many more of these videos...it's time for change Hasbro!! It's time for this insanity to end...

- Philipp

(SID):
ONLY way I'd be suckered into this line is IF they  brought back the mail-away and offered figures  like retro casts of yakface, blue snaggletooth, vlix, etc.

I don't buy $10 figures ever. That's part of the reason I switched focus on the 6" the deals go further for the product on sale... Not to mention they have a standard of articulation and detail. Cuz honestly the joints are always (99.8% of the time) ugly and ruin the sculpts on 3 3/4 figures.

SW toys should be cheap since it is overblown billion dollar franchise... Why not focus on quantity over quality... And stick to it... The 6" value figures could easily be $3... 3 3/4  line for army builders, droids, aliens, etc.  Or how about making the package the diorama like the clone wars did?

I feel like a bunch of monkeys from 2001 are in charge.

Tamer:
I think we will find a few things we can pick up with the return of the vintage line. Will they do it exactly like we want. Probably not. Will they be able to please every collector or fan? Never.

Still, seeing those vintage packages on the shelves will sure be nice.

Darth More:
@(SID): Well, YakFace is confirmed to be released in The Vintage Collection in 2019. I think a mail-away will also be introduced by Hasbro on SDCC or in 2019...

I agree with most of your pointes here. Your comment opens a big topic here. I think Hasbro's Star Wars 6" line is a blessing for the franchise. I also like it because I'm a huge fan of NECA's/ToyBiz's 6" Lord of the Rings figures! It was a smart decision of Hasbro to introduce another scale to their assortment. That way they reach more people. I'm sure Hasbro went back to 5POA for their classic 3.75" line for 2 main reasons:

1) To cut costs due to higher production (material, rising salaries in China) - that's also why they also produce in Vietnam, now.

2) To also push more fans and collectors into their new 6" line - and it worked out well!

@Tamer: That's very true Shawn! You made very good points here.

We should also all participate in #TheVintageConversation on #hasbropulse on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfqubvGBPbG/?taken-by=hasbropulse

This is just a great opportunity from Hasbro for us to let our voices be heard directly!!

https://www.instagram.com/hasbropulse/

Please, ALSO BACK THE BARGE!!!
If you haven't done, yet and live in the U.S.

https://www.hasbrolab.com/

Have a great weekend everone!

- Philipp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version