Author Topic: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;  (Read 54733 times)

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
Re: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
man, these are sweet looking. I think hasbro or lego needs to make these and I'd probably be broke buying most of them. keep it up

haha thanks! of these; the modified Corellian Corvette and the YT1300 troop ship are probably the easiest to make in legos....

might be relatively simple to make them in action figure scale..using scratch builds; massive yeah...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2013, 02:54:29 AM »
Wow, wouldn't it be awesome to see some ships like this in Episode 7! Some designs we are familiar with, but with a new look. Off to share.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Happy New Years! sorry I've been out for a little bit....been developing a visual adaption of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus, but set in a sci fi universe....and did a few sketches of ships :) including a scene of Corellian pirate ships....  vadsab

first two; quick sketches of General Titus Andronicus, the main character in the sci fi adaption. I don't know if I want to do a webcomic sort of thing, or a blog, or a paper novel yet.

more detailed character sketch of Titus

two more detailed views of the ETA-TIE custom fighter, with two very rough sketches of how it should appear from front and from above

and the Corellian Pirate fleet; with the Crab YT-1300 assault boarding craft, the heavily armed YT-1300 with cockpit in middle, a Corellian Patrol/Troop ship, an Incom ARC-X custom ARC 170 with the Incom ARC-X engine/S-foil kit, Starlight Interdictor and the heavily modified Corellian Corvette in the background :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »
Great sketches all of them, your 3D work and figures are very good.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »
forgot one more sketch!
Corellian Patrol / Troop ship interior layout sketches and comparison with a Stock Freighter,  the layout shows how one could seat 24 troopers in addition to a nominal crew of 4-6, maybe 8 if fully manned for the quad turrets and forward laser cannons; and the more detailed interior layout shows the substitution of the normal engineering bay into prisoner holding cells; with locked floor panels to prevent sabotage, along with 4 bunk-rooms for the crew, the simpler sketch shows 4 holding cells and no bunk-rooms, halved the Engineering bay size (narrow walk-around the cells).. this same ship could be retrofitted as an armed passenger shuttle, with the bunk rooms intact, and the standard YT-1300 engineering bay being left alone, or as a pirate ship with two bunk rooms and two cargo modules; a shot of the forward interior shows how the benches should be, with a central corridor and weapons rack on the inboard bench backs, and another sketch of that space shows hammocks hung for the 24 troopers to rest/berth while in long range transit/long term mission.

EDIT whoops forgot the sketch itself LOL

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2013, 06:27:01 AM »
Awesome update. I love seeing all the variations you come up with. Back on the front page.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
Very cool sketches! I love the corellian stuff, especially the interior sections.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
here is a bunch of views of Fooled-Trooper's Modeling Clay model of the ETA-TIE!  THIS IS AWESOME :D

and Here is his Deviant Art gallery;
http://fooled-trooper.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2014, 03:27:26 AM »
I agree, pretty awesome. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »
here is a bunch of views of Fooled-Trooper's Modeling Clay model of the ETA-TIE!  THIS IS AWESOME :D
and Here is his Deviant Art gallery;
http://fooled-trooper.deviantart.com/gallery/

This thing is beautiful! 
Are you going to cast this in plastic or paint the clay?
Could you add your concept drawing next to the clay images?

BTW, I dont know when I'll ever get to it, but I picked up a mini-Slave 1 and Sebulba's podracer, both for $10.  I haven't started yet, but with those two pieces of fodder, a Mando snub-fighter looks like a fairly easy project.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2014, 08:11:26 AM »
I agree seeing this cast in plastic would be cool. Man, if it were full size you could hollow that puppy out and have yourself a great three and three quarter vehicle.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 08:11:52 AM »
Love the vehicle drawings! That sculpted vehicle is awesome too!

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
got a few more drawings, gotta love those Corellian YT-1300s, so easy to modify.........

battle group of 4 vessels, a Scout fighter (TIE based), an ARC-X, two different Corellian YT series

an earlier model of a Corellian Y series gunship, saucer shaped, no forward prongs, outfitted with 4 heavy cannons similar to the AT-AT chin cannons.

a YT1300 custom built to military specification for Corellian Security Forces, it is basically a YT1300 central cockpit, with the cockpit pod extended further forward and the central tube enlarged to house two missile/torpedo tubes and two heavy laser cannons, providing the user with the equivalent armament or greater, than that of the Lamda shuttle, and with the YT 1300's famously modular cargo system.

this is an Incom ARC-200, a development of the X-wing and a return to the ARC designation, only instead of Aggressive ReCon, it is now Assault Recon Craft; it replaces the X wing and supplement the E-wing

this is a YT1300 Military modified to accept two large modular missile launchers, and their reloading system which replaces the Military's modular cargo bays, and the addition of two single Turbolaser turrets based on the CR70/90 Corvette turrets, in essence, the Star Wars equivalent to the USAF AC-130 Spectre gunship.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
You're a very talented technical artist!  Have you had any professional training?  (Apologies if you've already answered this question before...)
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »
You're a very talented technical artist!  Have you had any professional training?  (Apologies if you've already answered this question before...)

not so much no.....had a few classes in university on CAD and blueprints but otherwise, no..... mostly self taught from young age reading Ian Hogg's military books with John Bachelor's illustrations.... and art classes from elementary school to high school for non-technical drawings.