Author Topic: what was/were your first star wars item/ items  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: what was/were your first star wars item/ items
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 01:51:02 AM »
Dang, after reading some of those responses I feel old.
The 1st figure I got from the "newer" stuff was in '96 and that was Luke Skywalker/Dagobah with Yoda in the backpack. I seen the 1st set of figures, and didn't like them, but when I seen that Luke I knew I had to recollect all the stuff my Mom sold just a couple years before.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 06:19:06 AM »
Old? my first SW figure came in 1978 ;)   5 points of articulation in it's grandest  form of Luke Skywalker, C3PO and R2D2, with a landspeeder

Offline bly272

• some nights I lie in bed and look up at the stars wondering: where the heck has the ceiling gone?"
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
My first fig was a mace windu figure.... I do still have it I just dont know where....
"You could start a whole new Imperial custom. 'Dance, fool, dance!' Zap, zap, zap! 'Ow, my toe!'"
-Jaina Solo, making fun of Jagged Fel for accidentally shooting his deputy minister of trade in the foot

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
Christmas, 1977 and I hadn't even seen the movie yet, but I knew sooooo much about it - my mom talked my dad into letting me have the toys.  She got me a Stormtrooper and a cloth-caped Jawa.  I still have them, but they are currently packed away in storage.

(boy, do I feel old now!)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
Yeah, in 1977 or 1978 I had those playsets with the cardboard backs...one with the Jawa Sandrawler and the other Mos Eisely Cantina. I wish I still had those cuz they are going for a fortune. My Mom had a toy auction and sold all my old stuff so for the last 14 years I've been having to recollect my childhood, but it's all good cuz all the newer stuff is alot better(except I wish I still had all the old school Transformers cuz they are way better in my opinion.)