Author Topic: Whatcha eatin'?  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Whatcha eatin'?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2023, 07:03:52 AM »
Wow, that looks good. You paired it great too.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2023, 07:13:45 AM »
Looking very delicious, gentlemen. And I say this as someone who used to like meat, but stopped eating it 6 years ago.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 07:41:42 PM »
Making margaritas using Agave nectar instead of orange liqueur. I tried both regular and frozen. Agave nectar is very sweet and flavorful,  similar to honey, so a little goes a long way. I think 3oz jose cuervo 2oz lime juice and 3/4 oz of agave nectar was a good ratio.  Also I added lime zest (grated lime peel) to my lime juice for more limey limeness. 

There was a place called Tortuga in Texas that had $1 frozen margarita happy hour. So i tried making frozen ones. I felt my insides freeze it was like a full body brain-freeze. Not cool, well you know what I mean. Maybe it'll be good for the southern summer, but January not so much.

I was making tacos, white people tacos and had some jalapeños leftover, so tossed them in the mix. About 6 slices to a half glass.  Pretty great.   You'd think it would increase the alcohol burn but it actually gives it a mild vegetable taste. I'm not sure how to describe it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 09:14:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2023, 04:28:22 AM »
Interesting. I have never tried margaritas. This sure does make me want to try one.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2023, 03:32:26 PM »
I made bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños. Cut the Jalapeño in half, scoop out the seeds, while leaving the vain intact, that is where the heat comes from. In a bowl i mixed a half a brick of cream cheese with shredded cheese and some taco seasoning. I used thick cut hickory bacon, but I think the thin cheap bacon works best. I wrapped the stuffed halves as tightly as I could. The thick bacon had significant shrinkage, but it's alright. Cooked for about an hour at 350. Enjoy with a corona, margarita or both.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2023, 03:52:11 AM »
Man that looks good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Me and my daughter might have to try these superbowl weekend. I always like to try one new recipe.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2023, 04:53:29 PM »
Man that looks good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Me and my daughter might have to try these superbowl weekend. I always like to try one new recipe.

It is very good. The additional taco seasoning makes a world of difference. You could probably use chilli powder, cajun seasoning, jerk seasoning, cayenne powder, adobo, pork rub would be excellent. 

Here's an exclusive look at my home office.   Who said work can't be fun?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 04:57:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2023, 03:45:55 AM »
Looks like my kind of workplace.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
Tonight's special at the Jolly Roger Lounge; Voodoo Wings, Red Stripe and Rum Sorrel.

The Voodoo Wings are a variation of my Voodoo Jerk Chicken, but done totally different.
2 Habaneros stemmed, jerk seasoning, fresh Thyme, spring onions, garlic, Dark/Aged Rum, soy sauce. I added a little bit of Pineapple puree from making pineapple juice. Throw it all in a blender, then in a bowl mix in melted butter. Then dust the wings with Baking Powder, then toss in the blended mixture. Let it marinade up to an hour add to a 425 degree oven for nearly an hour. Baking powder makes the skin crispy.

Sorrel drink, hibiscus hips boiled with ginger chunks, add sugar, let it cool. Mix in a ice filled glass;  2 oz dark Jamaican rum, add 3/4 glass of your sorrel  drink, then top with Ginger beer and a lime squeeze.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:14:41 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2023, 06:01:39 AM »
Man that chicken seems awesome.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2023, 04:49:40 PM »
This week.... Caribbean Gold Wings and Pina Coladas.
The wing sauce is made of pineapple pulp (from the juicing process) 3 habaneros, 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, a good amount of Jamaican Curry, a splash of my pineapple infused rum, lime juice and sugar to taste, mix in a generous amount of melted butter. Throw it all in a blender, can overnight. Coat wings in baking powder and fridge overnight. Mix sauce with chicken and marinade a half hour, then put in a preheated 450 degree oven for 45 minutes or so.

Pina colada, I used Coco lopez instead of making my own cream of coconut to save time. Coco lopez is way sweeter than mine. I do 1oz coco lopez, 1oz of pineapple rum (homemade) 1oz coconut rum (homemade) 1oz aged rum, 4-5 oz pineapple juice (fresh squeezed) 3/4 oz lime juice.  I bought a 10lb bag of Sonic ice. It's great but it melts a little and freezes into a big chunk anyway. Damn good meal. I buy up chicken wings when they drop below $2/lb i got a whole freezer full. I'll be the wing master before long.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 05:42:27 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2023, 06:12:27 AM »
Mmmmmmmm

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2023, 09:23:30 PM »
Mango Habanero wings and Mai Tai.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2023, 04:57:11 PM »
Spinach and cheese ravioli in a Vodka Marinara sauce.
Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2023, 02:59:23 AM »
Man, loving your wings. Do you deep fry or grill or what with your wings?