Author Topic: Whatcha eatin'?  (Read 6355 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Whatcha eatin'?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 11:07:41 AM »
LOL. That actually sounds like a pretty tasty concoction. I hope you get to feeling better.
It works alright. Im not a big fan of coconut water but fresh from the coconut is much better than the store bought stuff.
Went to the mexican restaurant couldn't even eat it. Rough day buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 03:51:01 AM »
Sounds like a rough day. Hopefully you are rearing to today.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2022, 06:58:45 PM »
Sounds like a rough day. Hopefully you are rearing to today.
I dunno I've been sick for like 3 or 4 weeks. Just a lingering cold. My appetite is gone.  I feel good today though. Tomorrow I'll start getting my toyroom/hobby room/ office set up so i can work on stuff and take pictures.

Making RattleSkulls tonight.  18th century cocktail of dark ale, rum, lime and demerara surup. My little pirate minibar, or Barrrh, as I call it, is coming along.

Also I'm infusing rum. Bacardi silver with coconut and Bacardi gold in pineapple. It's been almost 2 weeks. I give it a good shake and a sniff everyday. I plan to make some killer pina coladas.

I've been drinking so much rum im starting to look like Captain Morgan.  As a matter of fact as a history guy I'm trying to find the closest thing to what captain morgan would have actually drank.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:39:05 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2022, 04:11:09 AM »
LOL. Its gonna be a Pirate Christmas! I like it.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2022, 09:55:10 AM »
So far the kids in my room have given me a multi pak of Hersheys milk chocolate candy bars
and big box of Reeces peanut butter cups.
Most of the kids in my room are a giant, gargantuan, huge pain in the ass but they know how to
suck up at Christmas time.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2022, 03:30:08 PM »
This pina colada is 2.5 weeks in the making, made with all natural and homemade ingredients. 1oz homemade infused coconut rum, 1.5oz homemade infused pineapple rum, 1oz of homemade from scratch cream of coconut, 4oz of fresh squeezed pineapple juice.

Many lay claim to inventing the pina colada, but I give credit to Roberto Cofresi, a pirate captain who was facing a mutiny, made a drink of pineapple juice, coconut milk and rum to boost morale. Needless to say there was no mutiny.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 03:56:45 AM »
Man that looks and sounds yummy. Mmmm.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2023, 06:26:05 PM »
Making Palomas, Margarita's little cousin. Paloma means dove in spanish, refering to the white color. 
Recipe: 2-3oz tequila, 2 oz grapefruit juice, 1/2oz agave nectar, 1/2oz lime juice, topped off with Squirt grapefruit soda.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 10:24:44 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 03:52:08 AM »
Looks yummy to me.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »
I could use about 10 of those every day after dealing with the kids in my classroom.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 08:54:36 AM »
I am too lazy for this thread. I just fired up the ole grill to do some Venison Tenderloin. It melted in your mouth. I let is soak in McCormick's Brown Sugar Bourbon marinade for about a half hour, but it really just melted in your mouth. Cooked just a little past medium. My daughter inhaled it.

I did some italian breaded deer steak a few nights before. You flatten out your steak with a mallet (or a plate) so it is fairly thin and then dip it in egg and then coat it in a mixture of italian bread crumbs and parmesan and romana cheese (like you put on your spaghetti). Then fry it up pretty quick in a hot skillet with olive oil. I am telling you this didn't have any left overs either. I will try to remember to take pics the next time I do it.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2023, 08:57:33 PM »
Damn! That sounds awesome! Like I said I need to find a good venison connection or rev the engine when a deer crosses me. My brother lives in Colorado and there's evidently no hunters there. The mule deer just do whatever they want, they're all over the place, to the point were there a real nuisance. Same with bobcats, bears etc. I guess elk is what most hunters want, but it's driving up the population of mule deer.

At any rate. I made my own Grenadine syrup. Most people even bartenders I've talked to think Grenadine is cherry syrup but it actually made of pomegranates. Pomegranate in french is grenade. So i took the seeds and put them in a blender, strained , added to a pot and a 1:1 ratio with sugar. That is real grenadine.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 09:28:25 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2023, 03:21:27 AM »
Man looks like you have the drinks going strong. Nice.

I am gonna make a bacon wrapped, cheese stuff venison meatloaf tonight. I will try to take a pic or two.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2023, 03:51:37 AM »
Here is how it turned out. Pretty daggone good!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2023, 04:24:31 PM »
Damn that looks great!

Happy Chinese New Year! Made my rendition of  bulgogi (korean stir fry) made mine spicy with dried red pepper and fresh ginger.  Afterwards making drinks with Japanese Yuzo (citrus liqueur) and a splash of ginger beer. While watching Samurai movies.