Author Topic: Corona Virus 2020 how does it affect you?  (Read 14290 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Corona Virus 2020 how does it affect you?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2020, 06:47:27 AM »
JDeck hope you are ok. I know how I get a mild fever when I have a diverticulitis attack. I hope its that and not Covid 19. Man, dirty pool having to find covid 19 is in your workplace fourthand.

Dan, you be careful too. NY and NJ area seems to really be hit hard now. I am hoping we soon hear that everyone, all jobs, are supposed to stay home to let this thing die.

Part of me is wondering whether we all are gonna get this eventually anyway? I just don't know what to believe. For some it seems its just like a mild cold and others it just hammers. My wife tends to believe everything she reads on Facebook God bless her. She was telling me a story about a nurse friend she has that said her Covid 19 patient was fine and talking good and seemed great and then a half hour later was dead.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 07:03:50 AM »
I don’t like it, I don’t want any of us or our friends or families to get it. At this point, that sounds like too much to ask.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2020, 07:16:44 AM »
A few weeks ago they said it would get worse before it gets better, well it's worse. I'm staying optimistic. They cut back a lot of FDA regulations, so we could have a vaccine or treatment earlier than normal. They're doing blood transfusions from people who had it, but recovered, and that's building up people's antibodies. It's just a matter of time, but even a week really feels like an eternity.  Know one has any idea how long it will last, anywhere from 4-12 months, but that's really anybody's guess.

I'm doing better, I think the inflammation has passed. I just don't want to make anyone else sick if I have it. I'd be fine probably, but others not so much. I'm just monitoring any symptoms I have, I'm not coughing or shortness of breath, so I think I'm in the clear. If I really thought I had it I'd go to the doctor.  This is a hypochondriacs nightmare.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:44:19 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 02:00:46 PM »
So glad you don't think you have it. We are definitely trying to do what we need to do from home.

I spent most of today getting the SMF Forums back up and running.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2020, 02:28:40 PM »
High fever is the first symptom. So if you haven't had that, I'd guess you are in the clear (still verify though).
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »
High fever is the first symptom. So if you haven't had that, I'd guess you are in the clear (still verify though).
Thursday I was running a slight fever, plus allergy symptoms which was odd because I usually don't  have allergies. But I don't think I'll have to worry too much anymore, I have two more stops that are doing daily screenings to make a total of three screenings a day lol. Honestly I wish all my stops did it.

I found out a lot of the cases here in my county are from the same nursing home, evidently someone refused to go to the hospital or something. So now several residents and employees cought it. If people would just stay home this would all end a lot sooner. I went to little Cesar's last night some guy carried out six pizzas, I thought I don't think he's observing social distancing.  I'd like to start partying again too, but we have to chill out for a while until this passes, then party hard. This isn't a vacation.

Yeah Tamer yesterday I thought, damn they banned my IP address and everything. Lol. Nah, it was kind of glitchy earlier in the day. It seems like I've noticed a few different sites have been glitchy. Maybe it's because the internet is overloaded from everyone having to stay home. Just my theory.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:52:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2020, 07:22:25 AM »
Yeah my wife said the president of the Phillipines said they would shoot people if they didn't stay home. Crazy stuff. People need to stay home though. I get it. I would love to get further than my property too, but this isn't going to end until folks stay home.

And yeah, part of our problem with the forums was the server they had us on wasn't able to handle the traffic. It makes me feel good in one way, but geesh what a pain going through all those forum files was yesterday!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
Glad to see there isn't too much ativity here. I am assuming no news is good news.

The latest is with my wife's parents (my in laws) who are refusing to stay home during this. The latest problem is my mother in law who has Alzheimers is wanting to go see where she grew up and just go places period. She is driving my father in law crazy with her antics and yesterday he let her go to CVS by herself. We are hoping to use zoom and some technology today to kind of distract her a bit, but wow. They are both in their late 70s and just won't listen to the stay at home order.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »
My grandfather on my mom's side had Alzheimer's, it's such a terrible disease. In fact a friend of mines wife has it, he's just having a tough time with it. People I talk to are having a tough time getting their parents to stay home. Retired people like to go to the store or McDonald's or whatever as an outing. I'm trying my best to stay home myself. I'm a bachelor so I do the European thing of going to the store almost daily. I actually bought a week's worth of food, which is a big step for me lol.

A friend of mine called me and invited me to a birthday get together for a friend of ours. At first I was like hell yeah let's do it, I'm going crazy here. But I just texted him back and told him I shouldn't. I don't want to run any risk of making anyone sick. I've been social distancing since the week before Mardi Gras. Just after St. Patricks day, it became mandetory. Drinking at home alone isn't fun, but this isn't going to last forever I just have to stick it out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2020, 06:47:27 AM »
Yeah, I am doing yard chores and showing my daughter how to do regular stuff so in a way its good for me to show her some practical skills like starting a lawn mower, etc.

The zoom call last night worked kinda ok, the in laws couldn't figure out how to turn their camera on, but it worked. Hopefully they will stay the heck home today.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »
I've been out of school since March 26th. The beginning of spring break. We are scheduled to return the beginning of May but I'm not optimistic. On line teaching/learning begins on Monday. We will be doing half days Monday through Thursday.
Fortunately for me the Wuhan virus hasn't devastated my city or state. It pays to live in Iowa where the majority of the population is spread out and not living on top of each other.
My wife is a nurse at a local hospital so I get the real info regarding the status of Wuhan in our community. Not what we are told on the local news.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:46:56 PM by DarthHawk »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2020, 06:42:47 AM »
We have been doing online learning for the past three weeks. Talk about one interesting time. We definitely appreciate the work your wife is doing. Scary stuff this COVID19.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2020, 05:33:27 PM »
So now they've made it policy for me to give arrestees covid masks and I get replacements at the jail. In addition, they screen them at booking before being brought in.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:11 AM »
It is crazy what is happenning and now, even in my very rural, very remote area I live in we are now having cases in the double digits. I am glad the local grocery stores are doing the bring the stuff to your car thing and have most of the stuff still in stock. I hate to think of what might happen when certain food items start going out of stock. New York sounds really bad.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2020, 05:35:24 PM »
I think I'm officially starting to lose it. Rumor has it they're going to open my local bar this weekend, but I don't know at what capacity. There are some bars open, but carry out only. I know a guy that goes in, orders a bunch of food and drinks beer while they cook it. Lol. I'm not that desperate yet. It kind of makes going to the bar useless if you're the only one there. In a way it sucks having to work, but no play, but at least I can get out the house and somewhat socialize at work. I've been talking people's ears off the last few days, I guess it's annoying.  Even talking to people I absolutely can't stand just for conversation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:05:58 PM by JDeck »