Imperial Surplus Sales > Local Finds

north-central Louisiana

(1/3) > >>

DocOutlands:
So I've been known to cover some half a dz WalMarts (especially since my wife works at one), a Target, a Books A Million, and a TRU along and south of the I-20 corridor on a semi-regular basis.

Books a Million??  Yup - the one in Monroe has several boxed sets of the "Crucible" Crimson Guard trainees at, iirc, $40.  Bit much for the two new heads I want, altho four sets of training fatigues and helmets wouldn't be bad.

TRU - as I noted in Clint's thread on the Scramble on Yavin battlepack, the Monroe TRU had one of them.  They also had 3 Jabba sets and 1-2 ATTE Assault sets.  These all disappeared within a 5-day window.  They do have about 3 of the Clones and Droids BattleFront II sets.  They also had 2-3 big-wing TIEs - I'm really liking them!  Someone stole the exclusive pilot out of one...wonder if they'd sell it to me at a discount.

WalMart - Tioga - not one I normally hit up, but I may start.  There's a BigK (KMart) at the same intersection, so it could be a profitable run.  There's another TRU in that area, as well as other WalMarts.  So, this particular WalMart - as noted elsewhere - was virtually BARREN of figs - maybe two dozen at the most and they were skinnies or older waves (Sndstorm Han etc).  HOWEVER!  They had empty pegs in place and labeled for the $12.96 SW EU FIG - or something very close to that.

WalMart - Winnfield - small town store, doesn't see a lot of movement of stock.  Which is good, as I need to pick up several figs from earlier waves - I'm talking SAGA waves.  Their comic-pack pegs were barely populated, but the basic fig pegs are literally crammed to the limits as of today.  If only they'd do a real clearance sale...

Speaking of, the last clearance sale I saw on SW figs at an area WalMart covered the wave with Ak-Rev and they marked them down to $5.  Clearance??  tchaaa...tell me another one!

I'll try and check the Monroe/West Monroe WalMarts and Target on Monday.  See if they have anything NEWsworthy.

Clonehead:
Sounds like you have a lot of stores to check in your area, doc.  That $12.95 EU fig peg has to be a spot for comic packs or something.

DocOutlands:
Well, in general, that's the stuff we pass on a weekly basis - spread out maybe an hr and a half for the TRU and stores up that way (every Monday), an hr for the district HQ WalMart (every Thurs), and then 20 min's either direction for the two nearest WM's.  The Tioga store was less than an hr away, bt in a direction we usually don;t have reason to go.  There may be another WM or two within 30-45 minutes in another rarely-traveled direction.  If I worked it real hard, I could have a large qty of stores to check.  Happens a lot in Nov/Dec - "shopping parties" at all.   ;)

DocOutlands:
My beloved wifey scored BIG for me!!!  She located 5 of the 6 ESB wave figs on pegs - no Hoth Rebel today.  She also found some repacks!  BD08 Vader, Coruscant Platform Clone, and Kashyyyk Trooper (Scout) all have U-3PO parts in them.

So, she's got me a Capt Needa, Ugnaught, and Kashyyyk Trooper heading this way.  Pics to follow!  (posted in the proper thread, o'course!)

Clonehead:
Nice scores, buddy! Isnt it nice to have a wifey looking out for Star Wars for you? And with the wally world discount to boot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version