Author Topic: TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube  (Read 8115 times)

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Your ideas for future TVC releases: New, updated or repacked!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »
I really hope they re-release Jaster & Montross again, the current price for these is just crazy!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - FAN FRIDAY EVENT 11/13/2020v on YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 03:33:10 AM »
Mos-Eisley-Customz: Fingers crossed! At Comic Con here in Germany back in December Erik told me that young fans of back then (a decade ago) are now adult fans. And they (Hasbro) would be more aware of videogames and EU (Legends) characters now.

At the end of their Fan Friday event on YouTube yesterday, Patrick addressed the issue on two upcoming TVC releases:

- Captain Rex (Phase II armor): He thanked the fans for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and said that all units of the TBS Phase II Rex shipped already. So Hasbro cannot change anything on this controversial repack anymore. BUT he promised this will be the last time we'll see this version of Rex. He confirmed that they'll work on new versions with removable helmet.

Comment: Still such a missed chance...easy skip for me, but so frustrating for completists. Can't stop shaking my head and still no word on the Phase I Captain Rex that was supposed to come in TLC II. The current brand team at Hasbro for STAR WARS scores with more and more negative points.

- ROTJ Boba Fett: Good news! Hasbro sent out a "few thousand" units of him already. BUT this Boba will see a running change with a yellow background/namepill and a more zoomed out image (like all the good fan made ones).

Comment: So this will be two one more variation to hunt down for completists. Must be fun to collect evidence of their incompetence. But I'm honestly happy they decided to make a running change and fix the issues. TVC fans deserve better than this.

- Zutton: The only new announcement for TVC was another repack! But a good one if you asked me! Back in 2015 I paid $17.99 for Snaggletooth at tunghori already! So for newer collectors this is a welcome chance to get it plus it's one more of the orginal 96!

Here's my custom repaint of blue Snaggletooth, which I also shared on Instagram right away.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:39:32 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 06:17:07 AM »
Well heavy Black Series again, but man they look fantastic.

We are getting the Bad Batch! Man they look good and the accessories!

Assaj looks good too.

Looks like we get a TVC Snaggletooth. That one will sell well.

I agree, it is nice to see them take some fan criticism and actually make some changes. Man, that first cardback will go up in value if you get one. Glad they are zooming it out.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »
I don't even watch these live streams anymore, I'll find out exactly what I need to know ten seconds after. I'm pretty sure the snaggletooth is in the same wave as Boba fett, greef karga and baby Yoda  So which one do they reveal? The repack. It's not that they aren't making cool figures, they just aren't showing them.  Boba Fett pre-order came out of nowhere, with no hype or fanfare, but they make a big deal about repacks. I don't think I'm missing out.

The pill colors to me are such a non issue for me. I don't even get the outrage. Of all the things.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 06:52:03 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 03:29:56 AM »
Are you going to watch the I am your Father's Day livestream of HasbroPulse on YouTube today at 11 am EST?

I'm actually quite hopeful to see at least some announcements of TVC figures related to The Bad Batch.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 04:56:10 AM »
I didn't even know they were doing this. They usually send me an email or two. Thanks for the word. I will get it on the front pages.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 05:05:20 AM »
Here is their link to their YouTube Chanel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGVfFNdHrF0sfI9S4MNdaqA

Thanks again Phillip for the word. Evidently they only announced this on Instagram.

I am thinking their PR Folks are behind on getting this out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 05:51:46 AM »
Here is the link to the video of the reveals which I will be honest I still haven't watched yet. I am working on the high resolution assets now. I am having a problem with an email forwarder evidently. Thats not good.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:56:22 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 07:14:21 AM »
Ok, I got the assets on site!

The link for the high resolution images is here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wsPf522zrB6oSMgL9

The link for the one sheet is here (remember the BBTS links do not work and I working on it):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Hh62fBqfPU9CtTZHcL1_nsI0SWPfWYg/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:59:43 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 08:05:00 AM »
It was a good set of reveals. Even the tvc repack was a good one. Maybe they're getting it. Really the fan's choice repack candidates were not the best. I'm glad they decided on  the echo base trooper beforehand. Everything else is mandalorian themed, but they're good figures. I'm glad they gave the mythrol guy accessories, accessories seemed like they were getting fewer and farther between. I like they are opting for swappable heads as opposed to removable helmets. Some helmets are almost like soft goods, they're so flimsy and distorted. So I'm happy with everything. Pipeline bib fortuna in both scales. Had they made a 6" bib when jabba came out I probably would have stayed with tbs. Too late now, for me. We needed bib and lobot in tvc. Keep knocking out those og 96's.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 05:18:21 PM »
I agree JDeck. I was really happy about VC68 - Echo Base Rebel. I've been waiting years to get this figure because I never found it in the wild. I hope this is a sign of things improving for the 1:18 scale, though I'm still a little jaded. Let's be honest, twice the reveals from TBS? And Jaxxon in 6 inch before 3.75." I wanted him as a figure back in the 80's when 6" wasn't an option. Or what about that very Kenner looking Greedo, again shouldn't have come out in 6" first (I wouldn't mind at all if they had released the two scales simultaneously), but it does feel a bit like an insult to those of us who started with the collection oh so many years ago. The cynic aside, I was really happy with the TVC reveals and "pipeline", just hope a Blurrg is around the corner.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2021, 04:02:17 AM »
Yeah, I too was pretty happy with the new TVC Wave. I ordered em all yesterday. We can only hope a few other important characters are on the way for the Mandalorian (like Boba and his gal pal). I figured it would be a black series show and it was.

It was interesting to hear them hint that the next Star Wars HasLab would be in the Black Series Line. I am gonna guess Blue Leader X-Wing as this point or X-Wing in general since we already got a TIE in that scale. I would love for it to be a Walker, but no way would they do that in that scale I would think. Who knows, its fun forcasting though.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 05:02:33 AM »
Yeah yesterday I ordered one each from Amazon like I always do, but then I found out Bib and Lobot were going to be included in the wave, so I ordered a full case from EE. The case includes 2x Bo Katan and Quiil, so ill end up with 3 each for customs or whatever. I don't know why they can't just reveal the whole wave. In this case they did sort of, but why is everything so secretive?  That lando IG-11 wave is coming around the corner, and no mention of them. That'll be a great wave too. Emperor, teebo, lando and IG-11.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 05:05:36 AM »
Geesh, I need to go see about getting them too.

Speaking of ordering I just updated the one sheet with better links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Hh62fBqfPU9CtTZHcL1_nsI0SWPfWYg/view?usp=sharing

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2021, 05:12:10 AM »
I just looked and those figures seemed to be called Las Vegas and Reno, but it sure looks like you are correct JDeck!