Author Topic: Sculptris  (Read 716 times)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Sculptris
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »
So I just discovered Sculptris, a free, stripped-down version of Zbrush, from the good people over at Pixelogic.  I downloaded it on Tuesday and pretty much figured out how to use it based on clicking and pointing.  Seriously, it's a VERY intuitive and easy-to-learn program.
Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by to share a few of my results with you all!  I'm really loving how easy it is to use and I'm planning on using it in the future as I do conceptual work for future custom figures!  Sculpy and spare figures are expensive... Sculptris allows me to do all the measuring I could possibly want before ever laying knife to putty!

Here's my first effort.  I just wanted to figure out how to use it to create a basic human head.

And here's my second effort.  Figured I'd try for a Zabrak, got kind of side-tracked into the Hellmouth!

By combining the organic things I can craft in this program with the buildings and other geometric shapes I can create in Sketchup, I also see tremendous potential for webcomic making!  If nothing else, it would sure fill up a cantina with the scum of the galaxy!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.