Author Topic: Happy Holidays 2020  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Happy Holidays 2020
« on: December 21, 2020, 05:34:04 AM »

Well it is once again time for another Christmas. I sure don't know where the time goes anymore, but it is definitely going quicker! I am sure not too upset about that this year though. Still we want to wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season.

I also just want to give all of you a personal thank you for showing up to post and sharing such great artwork and creations with us. It just continually astounds me as to the levels of details and craftmanship you folks just seem to pull off on a regular basis. It is literally like getting up on Christmas morning each day for me as I see what new things you have posted. Thank you for keeping me so motivated to continue loving customizing and Star Wars and just creativity in general.

I also will be sharing more holiday images this week; made for us by the one and only Lenny Quinn. Thanks Lenny, these images are awesome!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Happy Holidays 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:58:07 AM »

Another great image from Lenny Quinn.

Merry Christmas folks!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 02:42:24 AM »
I wish you all happy holidays and a good start into the new year.
I hope I can show you some new customs next year.

Frohe Weihnachten
-Christoph

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 07:45:41 AM »
Merry Christmas Christoph!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 08:04:11 AM »
Another great image from Lenny Quinn:

Hope you guys are having an amazing Christmas Eve Morning.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 11:14:41 AM »
Thank you for making the hobby of customizing Star Wars figures that much better. You always have kind words of support when sharing the works of my self and others and I find that an honorable trait.I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 01:32:02 AM »
Thankyou for making this amazing SW community!

Heres a little comic sketch for Christmas / Life Day ;)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone. It's been a challenging year. To me it there were times far more difficult than this, but I know some of you had a really hard time in 2020. We've lost so many loved once and I just cannot wait for this awful year to finally come to an end. May the new year bring hope and improvement. For now I wish you and your families a peaceful and recovering time.
- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
Hilarious Mauldalorian. Got a good chuckle out of this one.

Philipp I so agree I will be glad when next week rolls around just to put another digit after the 20. It sure has been one for the books. And I agree for me and my family it was more than just Covid 19. So glad the vaccine is starting to make its way around now and folks can see hope of living like they are used too.

And Lenny bud, I started this place out of a love for customs. It is the whole reason me and a few buds started this so many years ago. Some have come and gone, but I leave the light on and hope they come back around some year. And some have! I just love the artwork. It just amazes me what folks can create out of plastic and a little tlc. And so quickly too. I felt like some of those episodes of the Mandalorian just came out and by day's end you had an awesome custom posted that was just spot on.

I remember talking with Derryl DePriest, head of Star Wars at Hasbro at the time, and he commented that having seen the site that there was no way they would ever be able to replicate the work folks like customizers do. There is just no way to put that incredible level of detail into an assemblyline process. He said he loves to gaze at the work the customizers here do. I took that as one of the greatest compliments for the customizers here too. Derryl is good people and a real fan of the franchise, just not a bottom line business guy.

Anyhow as I started waxing long again I just really want to reiterate that I do see this place as my artistic creation and want this to be a place conducive to learning and creating and getting better at the craft of customizing and just liking things sci-fi, fantasy, and anything even remotely related to action figures and collecting. I hope folks feel welcome here.

And a new image from Lenny. These are so much fun too.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:57:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »
That is just so amazing to hear Tamer!

You leaving the light on here has created more than a positive impact for all of us!

This is by far the friendliest and most supportive SW forum I have encountered! Theres no conflict here, only creativity and support!

The amount of awesome customs using random household items is fantastic! It really embodies the spirit of Star Wars here for me and I thank you all for it!

Thankyou!

Hilarious Mauldalorian. Got a good chuckle out of this one.

Philipp I so agree I will be glad when next week rolls around just to put another digit after the 20. It sure has been one for the books. And I agree for me and my family it was more than just Covid 19. So glad the vaccine is starting to make its way around now and folks can see hope of living like they are used too.

And Lenny bud, I started this place out of a love for customs. It is the whole reason me and a few buds started this so many years ago. Some have come and gone, but I leave the light on and hope they come back around some year. And some have! I just love the artwork. It just amazes me what folks can create out of plastic and a little tlc. And so quickly too. I felt like some of those episodes of the Mandalorian just came out and by day's end you had an awesome custom posted that was just spot on.

I remember talking with Derryl DePriest, head of Star Wars at Hasbro at the time, and he commented that having seen the site that there was no way they would ever be able to replicate the work folks like customizers do. There is just no way to put that incredible level of detail into an assemblyline process. He said he loves to gaze at the work the customizers here do. I took that as one of the greatest compliments for the customizers here too. Derryl is good people and a real fan of the franchise, just not a bottom line business guy.

Anyhow as I started waxing long again I just really want to reiterate that I do see this places at my artistic creation and want this to be a place conducive to learning and creating and getting better at the craft of customizing and just liking things sci-fi, fantasy, and anything even remotely related to action figures and collecting. I hope folks feel welcome here.

And a new image from Lenny. These are so much fun too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 07:00:03 AM »
You are quite welcome Mauldalorian. I had to use your image on the front page yesterday too. Trust me I know how hard doing up a good graphic is too. Hilarious. Deadpool sure would have done that too!