Author Topic: Goals & Dreams that came true...  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Goals & Dreams that came true...
« on: June 17, 2020, 04:45:24 AM »
2020 has been a horrible year for most of us so far. But let’s talk about the positive things that happened. Which goals have you accomplished and which dreams of yours actually came true? Any best collecting moments to share?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Goals & Dreams that came true...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:29 AM »
Have you ever dreamed of finding an abandoned house full of Star Wars stuff? Well, this guy did...in Ontario!

Talking Walls Photography: Abandoned Ontario Star Wars Mansion with thousands of dollars in Star Wars merchandise inside

Actually found this video some months ago, but didn't know where to post it. Thought it was worth sharing! Enjoy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »
Did the guy take the stuff? Sounds like it was a big free for all. Wonder what the situation was.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 01:32:50 AM »
I've been following two explorers of lost places on YouTube since Fall 2019. Their credo is to not take anything from the abandoned houses they explore. It's a kind of Kodex they follow to also not reveal the location of the house. At least that's what they tell you. Who knows what they actually do when the camera is switched off. These explorers exchange new finds, but only if you follow the rules.
I assume - like in all matters - there are people who follow the rules and some that don't.

Most of the houses are in devastating shape. Some have been broken into. So some stuff got stolen even before those guys come for a visit to just record the place. I mean the "explorers" also break into private property even though most doors are open and the houses have been abandoned for years. It's also a kind of voyeurism, but I find it exiting why houses are left fully equipped. I'm afraid sad stories are behind those properties most of the times.

They do their hobby in a grey area. It's probably illegal what they do in most States. But if there is nobody to report them, there won't be a charge.

My personal opinion: It would be nice if the local authority investigated where the owners have gone. It's just sad to see all the stuff rot. Some places might be even harmful to the environment.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »
I wonder how long it has to be abandoned before it becomes legal salvage? I would assume if there were debts it would belong to the bank and they could auction it to try and recoup some of their losses, but what bank would auction action figures? Heck, the bank would probably pay those guys to clear it out in retrospect.

There is an abandoned, half built house near my property and it would have been beautiful if finished. Such a shame.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:49:01 AM »
I wonder how long it has to be abandoned before it becomes legal salvage? I would assume if there were debts it would belong to the bank and they could auction it to try and recoup some of their losses, but what bank would auction action figures? Heck, the bank would probably pay those guys to clear it out in retrospect.

There is an abandoned, half built house near my property and it would have been beautiful if finished. Such a shame.

In florida, found property, if left unclaimed can be claimed in approximately 90 days.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 06:37:07 AM »

In florida, found property, if left unclaimed can be claimed in approximately 90 days.

I was thinking it was something along those lines.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 03:35:59 AM »
Yesterday I drove across the country and it was a good ride for a Monday. Some idi*ts on the road here and there, but I had good music on board and didn't crash my ship.
But I was rather tired when I arrived after 7 hours, so I went for a little walk and then hit me bed without further ado.

To my surprise I had my second dream of Star Wars and since this doesn't happen often, I thought I'd share it with you. I was in a Chinese market and they only sold used stuff. Two women showed my a pile of shoe boxes and opened five of them for me. I saw lots of Star Wars Miniatures by Wizards of the Coast in there including the big Crab Droid which I'm dying to add to my collection some day.
So it looked like a nice collection of minis. Then, they pulled some Hasbro vehicles out of a bigger box and handed them to me one by one. I don't remember all of them, but I remember my excitement when they added a repainted Swamp Speeder to the pile. It was painted in green and weathered.
A Corporate Alliance Tank Droid was part of the lot and also repainted in the style of the Kashyyyk Super Battle Droid of TSC. Some more vehicles were there, but not all from Star Wars. Except for a Jedi Starfighter and a super realistic looking Vulture Droid, I don't remember anything else. Unfortunately the dream ended then, but when I woke up, I was sure I was familiar with these designs. I had seen them before somewhere, you might know them, too.

Source: http://www.rebelscum.com/swminiBH05crab.asp

Source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/star-wars-swamp-speeder-dirty-deco-1854655708
Stolen from rebelscum ; )

Source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295199402634

Source: https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&file=print&id=733

Have you ever dreamed of STAR WARS and toy collecting? Let me know in the comments below!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:17:20 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 03:57:56 AM »
Interesting dream. Glad your ride was ok.

I am convinced of the gradual moral decay of the human race based on the deviant behavior I see of folks driving daily.

I dreamed that a widow wanted me to clear out your husbands Star Wars Collection for whatever I wanted to give her. It was carded vintage stuff. I think I was still crying when I woke up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 03:59:43 AM by Tamer »