Author Topic: The Gun Thread  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Gun Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2020, 04:55:02 AM »
Yup I'd call that a fatal shot. Went through his brain, jugular and windpipe.

Yepper, I also saw a lot of shot below too so I might just move the dot up just a smidgin, but for a gobbler this would have been way lethal. Like I said, I am really liking this red dot. I hope to get to use it next week when the season starts.

Not bad! The target looks hilarious.

Its a turkey pattern target. They actually sell some that make it easier to see the hits, but this was just a paper print out and it works. It is designed to test your shotgun pattern to see if enough of it is where you need it.

I went out this morning to see if I could hear some gobbling and it was literally a blizzard in my hunting area. I came home. Warming up some coffee right now.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 07:27:27 AM »
That's true you don't want any shot in your breast meat. Don't want it too tender anyway.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 05:38:30 AM »
That's true you don't want any shot in your breast meat. Don't want it too tender anyway.

Yeah, another good point. Went up to the hunting spots this morning. Heard one gobbler. Think its gonna be a looooong season.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:33 AM »
I have really been promoting the Burris FastFire 3 and man did it perform this morning in the middle of an upside down rain storm. I was literally laying sideways when an old tom poppped up on the road. It was so nice to just swing shoot with both eyes open. When the dot got on his head I tapped the trigger and the tom was just done. It was just about a wing shooting situation. I could so see using a site like this on a skeet or trap gun or any upland bird gun.

If I still had been using the scope I bet I never would of had time to get him in it before he saw me and bolted, thats how close he was. If you ever find your close up vision getting sketchy, this sight will keep you on target. I am seriously considering eventually swapping out all of my guns I just normally use iron sights. I like it that the first button just using the available light to determine how bright you need it. Its perfect.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »
I've never had any wild game before other than deer... which later became venison jerky.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »
I've never had any wild game before other than deer... which later became venison jerky.

Oh yeah, thats good. I take a combination of Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, and hot spices, with perhaps just a touch of liquid smoke and you can't beat it. I may actually turn that last buck I shoot into some. My daughter loves it.

My main wild game is venison, but man fresh deep fried turkey nuggets are the bomb. I am gonna try a crock pot barbacue of some sort for the legs/drumbsticks.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »

Oh yeah, thats good. I take a combination of Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, and hot spices, with perhaps just a touch of liquid smoke and you can't beat it. I may actually turn that last buck I shoot into some. My daughter loves it.

My main wild game is venison, but man fresh deep fried turkey nuggets are the bomb. I am gonna try a crock pot barbacue of some sort for the legs/drumbsticks.

Keep that up and we'll need a cooking thread. LOL
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 07:16:10 AM »
Keep that up and we'll need a cooking thread. LOL

We actually do have one around here somewhere. I forget just where it is or was. I will go look.

And the turkey nuggets we fabulouso!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2021, 04:22:41 AM »
Time to knock the dust off of this one. After hunting season is over (got a nice buck with my 6.5 Creedmore) I usually get into hunting once it starts to warm up a bit in the spring, but with it not really getting to be too cold I am starting a bit earlier. Well I shot my TP9SFX with my father in law and wife (she didn't like it much) and then went to see if I could order some more ammo. Uh, all I can say is that its nuts! There is no way I can economically shoot my 9mm for awhile so what was I to do?

Well, it just so happened that my father in law was after a new pistol called a Browning Buckmark which is a 22 pistol for target shooting. So I said lets go to YouTube and see which ones they like. Well time and time again the top 22 pistols came up to this Taurus 22. I was thinking I would look for a 22 in Ruger or S and W or Sig or something along those lines, but when I tried to find info on 22 pistols everything I read as far as reviews said to go for this one. So I did. Here is my new Taurus TX22:

For $260 you cannot beat this pistol. It is almost full size, feels good, great trigger, great adjustable sights, picitanny rail, amd safety, easy take down, etc. etc. I haven't shot it yet, but the thing has 16 round clips! In a 22! The great thing is I have four bricks of 22 rounds I bought when the last ammo scare happened. I am not sure when, but I am thinking it was during the Obama administration. Personally, I don't think the ammo thing has anything to do with political parties, just an excuse by ammo companies to create a scare so folks go nuts with it. I will let you know how it shoots. I already have an optical plate coming in so I can put a red dot on it. It is hard for me to do three focus points with my eyes now. Good thing I like red dots.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 12:31:44 PM »
Never used that. I was at training today doing vehicle ops and got to see the county SWAT team doing live fire exercises. Pretty cool seeing full autos going off. And a .308 lapua.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2021, 05:41:32 AM »
I have actually had some issues with it right out of the box.  A lot of failure to fires and eject the round and load the next. I did a thorough strip and clean of the magazines and that helped a lot, but it still will jam and ftf the first round I load and then work flawlessly after that. I have some pro pristol mag spray to try and then it will have to go back to the factory. It seems to shot good, but the first couple of rounds I am always antsy and probably don't aim like I should.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2021, 10:47:18 AM »
So what are your thoughts on the upcoming 2A bill they are trying to pass? Federal gun registry and all. I think it will fail miserably at the Supreme Court level. Which is rightfully should.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2021, 03:30:34 AM »
Yeah, no way it passes. I am surprised it has even gotten this far to be honest.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2023, 02:18:59 PM »
It's been almost 2 years again, can you believe it? Owning a gun legally is something that feels impossible to me here in Germany. Maybe that's part of the reason why Airsoft and Paintball Sports are popular among men in their 20s and 30s here. The seller of my latest lot of WOTC minis seems to be an active player:

I always find it exciting to go through a lot with unknown figures. It's like a box of chocolates.

Such a Taurus would be nice to have. I paid 210€ for this lot. See what's inside on our miniature thread:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=5098.msg232519#msg232519

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2023, 03:20:20 AM »
We really do take some of our freedoms forgranted here in the US. Nice lot of figures though!