Author Topic: Corona Virus 2020 how does it affect you?  (Read 14238 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Corona Virus 2020 how does it affect you?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 06:59:36 AM »
I am having a hard time keeping my wife at home now. It is like she is inventing things to go out. I think I am gonna have to hide the car keys. She was convinced to stay away from the hospital this week as her dad gets a non emergency surgery. Then, her mom has a regular doctor's appointment later on this week. It is like she is finding things to go out for. I have told her that she needs to stay away from any medical place this week for a bit. Her parents, both in their late 70s, are in states of denail too. They are going out and doing things business as usual. I don't know what to think about them.

Force them to watch Contagion. 

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 07:24:02 AM »
I should! I don't know what I am gonna do. And I am betting she is probably pretty calm compared to the hysteria that is out there right now.

I think the mental stuff is gonna get some folks more than this viral stuff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 07:53:55 AM »
My dad is still business as usual also. Still delivering cars across the state line for people buying on the internet. . Heck, his dumb butt flew back from one of those deals on a plane last week.  He said there were about 6 people on the plane. They all took their assigned seats then the flight attendant told them to “spread out”

Well, they are calling 4 counties around kc “stay at home” counties starting at midnight on Monday night. The wife’s place of employment resides in one of those counties so I believe they will be shut down as a non essential business.  Some areas consider infrastructure to be essential which would possibly include me and, my company offices out of an adjacent county that will probably follow suit so, I don’t know about myself. I’ll tell you in the morning if I’m working tomorrow
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:00:13 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 07:08:48 AM »
We watched Contagion yesterday and it was crazy how similar it was to covid 19, other than the mass dying. Glad we aren't living that part.

Man Clint your dad is nuts. Course I bet his is making some deniro. Took some time to shoot my new pistol I got for Xmas yesterday and had some fun. I think I am in love with the red dot sight now. This was me at twenty five yards with no prior pistol experience at all.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26:04 AM »
We watched Contagion yesterday and it was crazy how similar it was to covid 19, other than the mass dying. Glad we aren't living that part.

Man Clint your dad is nuts. Course I bet his is making some deniro. Took some time to shoot my new pistol I got for Xmas yesterday and had some fun. I think I am in love with the red dot sight now. This was me at twenty five yards with no prior pistol experience at all.

Not bad! Great grouping for a first time. I still use iron sights on all my stuff. Even the patrol rifle. Lol.

If you check my other thread, I.Q.s dropped sharply in regards to the Cornona Virus in Florida.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 05:52:19 AM »
Yeah at twenty five yards I thought it was fantastic. Iron sights don't ever fail, but wow this red dot is something fantastic. I got one for my turkey shotgun. It works so much better for my old eyes.

And yes I did see your post. Crazy. My wife just read me something about the Texas Governor saying it was ok for older people to die to keep the economy going. Like I said we are just beginning to see levels of stupidity unheard of.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 05:55:30 AM »
Sweet! That is a good grouping. Honestly I don't think I've ever shot a gun, lol. I know I should have my man card revoked. I have a couple of antique guns, a WW2 K98k and some kind of French shotgun. I would like to shoot the Mauser though, after the war they were used for competition shooting.

It turns out that manager didn't have the plegue, just a bad sinus infection. I told her she had me freaked TF out. I can't express how bad it would be if I cought it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 06:03:37 AM »
Whew! JDeck I have been thinking about you since you told me about your interaction. Glad to it wasn't Covid 19 and you can keep working. You really seem to have your head on straight with how to stay safe with this.

And yes, I am trying to give myself a few fun activities per day so I don't go nuts. Shooting is really a lot of fun. You just have to practice good firearm safety (number one, always keep the end of the gun pointed in a safe direction). I teach hunter safety in WV so it is fun to introduce new kids to it. I think all people should know enough about firearms to be able to at least safely handle one, put it on safe, make sure it is unloaded, etc.

Mausers are fantastic. My father in law likes them so much he has actually converted a few into full on hunting rifles. They shoot really great.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »
The city is making us be screened daily each shift.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »
Yeah I gotta get screened about twice weekly. Those stupid temp readers don't work. They said my temperature was 91°F if that's the case I'm already dead.

Where I grew up you couldn't hunt with rifles, only black powder or shotgun. I could take this Mauser to any one of the ranges here. Maybe the next time my brother visits. He's career military and knows all about modern American weapons, but not so much antique German rifles. I keep trying to explain how the leaf sights work, but he's convinced himself they work like a grenade launcher's leaf sight. I'll have to show him.  I'm just a little reluctant, it's in perfect condition, but I'm sure there's 70 years of dust in that barrel. I'm not sure if I should disassemble and oil it or if I can just shoot as is.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 09:30:39 AM »
Yeah I gotta get screened about twice weekly. Those stupid temp readers don't work. They said my temperature was 91°F if that's the case I'm already dead.

Where I grew up you couldn't hunt with rifles, only black powder or shotgun. I could take this Mauser to any one of the ranges here. Maybe the next time my brother visits. He's career military and knows all about modern American weapons, but not so much antique German rifles. I keep trying to explain how the leaf sights work, but he's convinced himself they work like a grenade launcher's leaf sight. I'll have to show him.  I'm just a little reluctant, it's in perfect condition, but I'm sure there's 70 years of dust in that barrel. I'm not sure if I should disassemble and oil it or if I can just shoot as is.

Mausers are amazing rifles. I've held one once, but it was no longer operable. It ended up in the middle east, so there's no telling what kind of action it saw. I don't think the serial number was there.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 09:58:05 AM »
Yeah they're really accurate from what I'm told. Just their rate of fire made them irrelevant after WW2. Germans were getting out gunned by the M1. I think the Turks used them in WW1, maybe some middle East country bought the leftover surplus, but I'm sure desert conditions aren't optimal, if neglected. The  one I have was definitely from WW2, as it has the German Eagle stamp.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
Yeah they're really accurate from what I'm told. Just their rate of fire made them irrelevant after WW2. Germans were getting out gunned by the M1. I think the Turks used them in WW1, maybe some middle East country bought the leftover surplus, but I'm sure desert conditions aren't optimal, if neglected. The  one I have was definitely from WW2, as it has the German Eagle stamp.

Ooooooo...did you research to see where it could have been used? Do you have pictures? I'd love to see if you wanna share. We need a gun thread...lmao

Back to Covid tho. We have drive thru testing locations (maintained by special duty law Enforcement/EMS set up practically all over the place). We are using proper methods to quarantine people (where it can be enforced). Private property makes that hard. City parks are closed. I handled a few calls today by phone. I had to interact with some folks in a traffic crash investigation. I sanitized my hands and wore nitrite gloves and gave them 6' when possible.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 06:59:44 PM »

Ooooooo...did you research to see where it could have been used? Do you have pictures? I'd love to see if you wanna share. We need a gun thread...lmao

No I haven't done any research on it. It would be kind of neat to see where and when exactly it was manufactured. Here's some pics.

I bet there are a bunch of hypochondriacs that get tested everyday. I'm not a hypochondriac but I swear every time I cough or have a little bit of a stuffed up nose I'm like ohh crap I got the cornholio virus. I read an article that Gretta Thurnburg thinks she's got it. She's like oh I'm one of the people who don't know they got it but I think I got it, or something like that. Lol.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:05:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »
I tell ya, this virus is driving me bonkers.  So many reactions so quickly without any real thought put into them.  In Indiana, we will start "shelter in place" tonight at midnight.  Grocery stores, gas stations, and doctors' offices only until April 7th.  People around here went crazy and bought up all the toilet paper and bottled water.  As if the water supply is suddenly tainted.  Folks hear the word "lockdown" and assume they'll be held at gunpoint at their front doors.  For about a week and a half, food was hard to come by unless you were lucky because people were overbuying.  It actually felt like the old days of action figure hunting, just trying to find some chicken.

At the fire department, we all must check out temperatures before we start the shift.  If it's over 100.4 degrees, we go home, paid, until we're under that.  The City itself is backing all of the employees, by sending anyone with symptoms home, paid, until they get tested and get the results back.  So that's a relief for many.  We're taking extra precautions to limit potential exposure, but no matter how you crack it, the odds aren't in any of our favor.  It's nuts on a level I never would have imagined.  All I can say and do is take care of your neighbors and yourselves and STOP HOARDING THINGS!  Best wishes to you all!