Author Topic: Blu-Ray review - Original Trilogy - First Impressions...  (Read 6795 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Blu-Ray review - Original Trilogy - First Impressions...
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 04:16:15 PM »
luckily the TV IS HD and has an awesome picture  ,i tell you shawn i am lovin the special features discs on this set!

LOL. Well whining got me my Blu Ray Set, perhaps more will get me my TV.
lol perhaps if you crank it all the way up to "Anakin" whiney the boss might crack ....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
Guys forget LCD TV's save up and get a projector...link it up to a Blu-Ray player and you've got an image that's better than anything you'll see in the cinema...A few years back I wanted to upgrade my old Sony 28in CRT with a funky LCD TV that was until went to visit my brother-in-law who had a digital projector.I've still got the old CRT TV for watching regular television shows and I've got this for watching movies!

So, anyone for Star Wars!!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:30:02 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Mr.Mandalore

• Lieutenant
  • Galatic Marines, extraordinarly perfect.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
hello everybody. i have been eagerly waiting all week for the release of the complete saga on blu ray, and guess what, my mom told me she wasnt even going to get it . but she tossed it to me this morning and revealed she was hiding it since friday..............................god star wars fan parents are the best  DH

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
I did watch the episode 1 disc tonight and as expected was pretty much blown away by the added clarity and depth of color. Nice tight and crisp lines and details, especially in any scene where cgi was used which was most of em. I seen little visual tweaks all over the place and dont seem to mind em much. I did notice that some of the scenes were so much tighter that it became easier to tell which background was a matte painting and which was not.
I can expect at least the same clarity from episodes 2 and 3 but might be spoiled when I get to 4-6 after being subject to such high resolution.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Jules, I can't disagree with you on how awesome some of these projectors can be.  They also make a paint specifically for painting a section of wall instead of buying a screen to watch it on, called "projector paint."  My buddy has it in his bar/game/movie room, and it works awesome.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
I saw these over the weekend along with the huge AT-AT. The head has already been knocked off of ours. The full set was $90 at my walmart, I had heard it would be $80, what is the story? I tried to get that AT-AT but they said a vendor puts them up and takes them down and they could not give them away. DOH!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »
It was knocked down to $80 at the store where I got mine but the tag on the display read $90. Run it under a scanner and see what your store's price is.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »
I can't wait to get my big tv and blu ray player and see TESB in its highest clarity and in HD Quality. This winter is going to be awesome. I can't wait for some snow days!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »
I watched TESB today, and was quite happy with it.  The sound was once again amazing, which really contributes to the overall movie.  Even the video was much improved.  The digital effects, even as primitive as they were then, were markedly better.  I think you'll be plenty happy with it when you get to watch it. 

I did find one thing interesting, something that only occured to me today after watching this movie for who knows how many times...  Do you think Wampas are Force-sensitive?  In that scene, Luke is grunting and moving around, trying to get loose from his iced bindings, and yet the Wampa is none the wiser.  It's only when Luke calms himself and uses the Force to call his lightsaber to him that arouses the Wampa's attention.  Perhaps that is what attracted the Wampa to Luke to begin with?  Just some food for thought...

Offline JDB

• Cadet
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
Sorry to say this, but having bought the films on Betamax, widescreen VHS, 3 times on Laserdisc, and on DVD, I have no interest in this Blu Ray release. I'm far more interested in the eventual release of Adywan's Empire Strikes Back as he seems to be far more in tune with the original aspirations of the saga than its creator, which is beyond madness. His Star Wars Revisited DVD was remarkable and restored my love of the film that I have adored since I say it first at the Leamington Spa Regal cinema on its initial release in early 1978. All power to you Adywan, the Force is with you!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
JDB,

I can't disagree with you about looking forward to Ady's TESB release.

I just got my big screen and blu-ray player hooked up so I will be able to add my two cents on this real soon. Some of Ady's comparison shots to the blu-ray release sure does make Ady's version look a hundred percent better.