Imperial Community > Imperial Break Room

Corona Virus 2020 how does it affect you?

(1/22) > >>

Clonehead:
I had considered creating this earlier.
It’s starting to impact us at work now and I figured it might be time to make a thread where we could vent our troubles.
Has the COVID-19 outbreak affected you or your family and how?

The brothers two kids in college are home now to finish their semesters remotely now, and he is working from home.
  My wife manages receiving for a company that sells teaching supplies to schools. With all of the schools closing, they are cutting her hours.
  My company that I work for bids jobs for school districts all the time.
It should trickle down to me shortly. We were already blocked for access to a building at the job-site on Monday. Their staff were working from home that day.

I couldn’t find eggs to buy yesterday. I couldn’t go into city hall to pay my water bill either. A city official met me in the parking lot and said “ we are shut down, man”. I had to drop my payment in the slot.
  I’ve never seen anything quite like this before, and I’m older than Shawn, I think.  ;D

JDeck:
I deliver bread for a living, and I'm staying busy working keeping product on the shelf. It's a really recession proof job, that's why I got into it, that and the nearly total independence. So, the increase in sales, falling gas prices and lowering interest rates are really great for me, As long as I don't get sick!.
Yesterday I had a receiver check in my product, and I was making small talk, and she tells me she's sick with a 104 degree temperature. Needless to say I was pissed. If I get sick I'm pretty much screwed, and I will not go to work sick with Corona and infect half the metro area. That would be irresponsible.
My immune system is pretty good, outside of my Diverticulitis I never get sick, but that's bacterial not viral, so I can't transmit it to others. Hopefully that manager didn't transmit anything to me. She wasn't coughing or showing any respiratory illness, so that eases my mind slightly. I have to deliver to a retirement home and have to get screened every time I go. I heard yester a resident there was diagnosed with Corona after returning from Florida.  I buy toilet paper in bulk anyway so I'm good for a little while. I use rubbing alcohol for acrylic paint thinner, so I'll have to use something else.
Hopefully this will start to subside once flu season ends.

RC-1136:
Business as usual. I arrested someone tonight for a serious warrant. It's job security for me, but others out there arent as lucky.

The Spectre:
I am a postal carrier so I am still at work every day.

Tamer:
We just got word yesterday that we can work at home for the duration of this. I have to go into work for a few hours in order to be able to do it though. Hand sanitizer on everything!

Crazy JDeck about that one employee. My wife's parents are still going out and going everywhere and they are in their late 70s. They just seem to think it can't effect them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version