Author Topic: Tankster's Customs updated 4/4/2014 Star Wars Rum Sleg  (Read 72633 times)

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Tank I may have to pick your brain about the thunder machine ;)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Cool...

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
cool man.. cant wait to see what you do with Nom Anor...

Offline Tankster

• Commander
Tank I may have to pick your brain about the thunder machine ;)
I will throw one hint out I airbrushed alot of it with Acrylics + the Salt method and hand brushing and some light sanding on the paint with hobby grade sandpaper

Offline Tankster

• Commander
Star Wars Expanded Universe Custom Nom Anor

"I want many things, and in time I intend to get all of them." ?Nom Anor-- Nom Anor was a male Yuuzhan Vong who played a crucial role in the Yuuzhan Vong War and was marked by his ambition, sense of self-preservation, doubt in the Yuuzhan Vong's gods, and skill in many fields. A member of the intendant caste, Anor was one of the leaders among the Yuuzhan Vong in the galaxy prior to the species' invasion. Anor helped prolong the Galactic Civil War, and weakened potential foes to the Yuuzhan Vong. In 25 ABY, the Yuuzhan Vong War began as the Yuuzhan Vong invaded the galaxy, with the Praetorite Vong leading the way. Anor assisted the Praetorite Vong, though the organization was defeated. The main fleet then entered the galaxy, cutting a bloody swathe towards the Core. Anor helped in many operations, such as plotting with the Priest Harrar to eliminate Jedi, and sabotaging New Republic efforts to restore the planet Duro. Anor dealt frequently with Warmaster Tsavong Lah, a rival of his. A skilled spy, diplomat, and firebrand, Anor stirred up unrest throughout the galaxy, weakening the New Republic. Two years into the war, the Yuuzhan Vong captured the capital of Coruscant. Anor began dealing directly with Supreme Overlord Shimrra, providing intelligence that allowed the Yuuzhan Vong to attack the New Republic at Ebaq 9. However, it was a trap, and the Yuuzhan Vong forces were defeated, causing Shimrra to call for Anor's head. Anor fled into the underbelly of Coruscant, where he became involved with the Jeedai heresy, a dissident sect of Yuuzhan Vong who cursed Shimrra and saw the Jedi as their saviors. Seeking a way to gain power, the ambitious Anor unified the heretics. Taking the identity of Yu'shaa, a self-proclaimed prophet, he became the leader of a powerful, rapidly-growing movement. However, when given the chance, he turned his back on the heresy to rejoin Shimrra's court in a higher rank. He began to rue the movement he had strengthened, as the heresy had gained a life of its own. In the final days of the war, Anor began to doubt Shimrra, seeing him as insane. The war came to a close in the Second Battle of Coruscant. Taking up the mantle of Yu'shaa once more, Anor attempted to lead the heretics to victory. Ultimately, he was captured by the Jedi, while the Yuuzhan Vong surrendered after the death of Shimrra. Realizing that the future held nothing but uncertainty for him, Anor chose to remain on a disintegrating ship as it exploded over Coruscant.
Parts: Nom Anor with added upper legs from Prince of Persia Dastion and swivel ball joints from that figure as well sculpted my best to match the other part of the legs
the armor and cape are permanent The Hood is a cast copy of Palpatine
The knee joints were cut out drilled out then used Storm Trooper knee joints and partial legs to increase the height of the lower legs
I added the black around his eyes to make him feel more ominous

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Tankster's Customs updated 1/26/2013 Nom Anor Finished
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2013, 09:31:59 PM »
Very cool, I like this one a lot!

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »
Looks great. The added height really helps to make him look better proportioned. It may just be me, but, it seems that SW figures keep getting shorter and shorter. The paint apps are gorgeous. Totally Awesome!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:16 AM »
Nice job!  Awesome sculpt work!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #368 on: January 27, 2013, 05:59:19 AM »
Now that is just fabulous. I would consider that a vast improvement. I second DD's comment. Your sculpting work is very precise looking.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #369 on: January 27, 2013, 06:37:14 AM »
Wow, done already! Guess where you can read my comments?

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #370 on: January 27, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »
Excellent work  so much better . i  felt Hasbro missed the target   on  this figure ( as they always do)  and passed on this one when it was released but i would gladly buy you're version  agagin great job ......  art

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #371 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
Awesome - so much  more menacing than the Hasbro figure.  I love the hood (which hood is that, from ROTS TVC Sidious?), and the staff looks fantastic - also really like the paint scheme.

0/

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #372 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »
Awesome - so much  more menacing than the Hasbro figure.  I love the hood (which hood is that, from ROTS TVC Sidious?), and the staff looks fantastic - also really like the paint scheme.

0/
I think it is that hood I had a guy make casts of them up looks like i need a few more :D

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
Nom Anor looks freakin' brilliant! Love your mods and extras, this figure I would definitely buy if hasbro had put it out. To be honest, I never bought this one because I thought the hasbro version was just so-so, not very spectacular at all, but this one is great! Keep it up brotha!

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »
...you could paint him with some blue and purple hues and have an amazing 3.75" scale Skeletor...

0/