Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest  (Read 26747 times)

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
Re: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
Another. . . . . . .

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
and last but not least . . . .

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »
niiiiice  ;D
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2010, 04:32:20 AM »
very nice. very nice. Back on the front page. This is gonna be a hard contest to vote for! I like em all.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2010, 01:36:48 PM »
Very cool droid. I like the concept.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
Ok, I'm pretty much done with my entry.  I think if I add in any extras, it's going to overwhelm the figure itself.  I'm liking how it turned out, minus the neck.  I'll post the rest of my WIP shots, and then will give the backstory with the finished shots...

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
Name: Jayte, Jedi Knight
Designation: J-8D8
Droid Type: Humanoid War Droid
Manufacturer: Jedi Master Aqinos
Origin: A Crystaline shard with an awareness of life and Force-sensitive, Built and trained by Jedi Master Aqinos during the time of the Great Purge.  With the knowledge that the Jedi were being hunted and wiped from the Galaxy, Aqinos built a series of droids and placed such crystals inside them to combat the Sith and their Empire.  The ability of these droids to deactivate themselves when discovered, and reactivate at strategic times in order to strike out at the Sith made them excellent for combating the Empire.  However, of the 4 dozen droids built by Aqinos, only Jayte remained, as the others became reckless and attempted to take on the Empire head on, resulting in their ultimate destruction.  4 years after the fall of the Republic, Jayte reactivated herself, alone in a cave on Dweem.  Reaching out with the Force, she could feel very few Jedi left in the Galaxy.  Seeking a greater understanding, she infiltrated an Imperial stronghold on Bastion and discovered the fate of the Jedi after the Fall of the Republic.  She discovered a list of potential whereabouts of various Jedi throughout the Galaxy, and set out to find a Master who could teach her more of the Living Force. 

It was then that she was discovered and sheltered by Jedi Historian Rachi Sitra, a female Twi'lek.  From her, Jayte learned a great deal of the Living Force, as well as the history of the Jedi.  It was from these histories that Jayte's droid computers were able to discern several flaws in the Jedi teachings, as well as reach clairvoyance of the deeper meanings of the Force.  After a decade under Master Sitra's tutelage, Jayte traveled to Nar Shadaa to seek out a Kiffar Healer by the name of Gotab, mysteriously dressed in Mandalorian armor.  From Gotab, Jayte was able to further gain insight into the deeper mysteries of both the Jedi and Sith, with the knowledge of how the Dark Side can corrupt subtly.  Though found to be nearly unrivaled in lightsaber combat (Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, or Mace Windu were not around to test this theory) and with the entirety of the Jedi History embedded in Jayte's databanks, Jayte refused to assume the mantle of Master.  Jayte traveled the stars, seeking out more knowledge and to attempt to reform the Jedi Council, though all attempts were to no avail.  14 years after the Fall of the Republic, Jayte deactivated herself until a time when she would be able to help with the reformation of the Jedi.  4 years ABY, Jayte was reactivated by an incredible surge of Force energy, the result of the death of Palpatine and rebirth of Anakin Skywalker.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
pat that was one serious back story!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »
Thanks!  Actually, I had most of it in my head, and actually found a storyline in Wookieepedia that matched rather well, so I added in elements of both here and there!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
great custom Pat and a Great read too that is one kick a$$ back story 10/10 for creativity!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
I was taking pics, so I thought... why not...

I'm going with some sort of sexy assassin type of droid hired to seduce and take out a Senator... Hey.. who knows what those sick politicians would do with a droid...  :o

I gotta play with the "hair" a little, get the right wild look, but not so it looks too wild, lol.. the face plate comes off, it's a Magna Droid head under.. Still tinkering with the color scheme... not sure if I wanna go crisp and clean droid look, or worn and weathered... also not too sure on the "fleshy" legs, they looked cool at first, but not too good in picture form, but it might just be the hodgepodge of colors playing with my eyes... what do you guys think?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2010, 10:11:01 PM »
definately get rid of the flesh tones joe...  the hair is an interesting touch...

phatty, that's a pretty awesome custom you got there.  i love the purple and gold combo of colors.  the backstory is an interesting one that's for sure...

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2010, 04:39:57 AM »
Joe, that's a pretty crazy looking broad you have there! LOL!  The fleshed legs do look a bit off, but perhaps after some paint, it would be different.  It's looking amazing already!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2010, 05:18:56 AM »
Awesome entry Pat and great back story. Joe, that is one wild looking droid! I like it but would get rid of the flesh color on the legs.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:55 AM »
Loving all the droids so far, and can't wait for L.E. to post his, you are all in for a treat.

Joe I would get rid of the Human legs if I was you and go completely droid, this figure is rocking otherwise, and I love the hair.