Author Topic: Jkno's Imperial Command Center  (Read 215052 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jkno's Imperial Command Center
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
Serg, just when I think I can't be more envious of your collection you add something even nicer to it. Very sweet.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #661 on: March 10, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
Thanks guys! The statue has some accuracy issues on the front part of the helmet but I especially chose these angles not to show that. I also had it for a longer time but with a damaged belt, and the replacement belt only arrived yesterday. Overall a cool statue which due to the bad Sideshow packing wil lbecome quite rare, because quite a few arrived damaged to the customers.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #662 on: March 17, 2012, 02:16:32 AM »
I finally upgraded my AT-AT lid today with a set of very accurate metal tusk greeblies from Elvistrooper - got them for free from a good friend - the price for them is about $40 plus shipping. I added 2 screws to hold the metal tusks, since before the resin ones were just glued on, thus I had to do a few more changes to make the connection of the tusks even more accurate.

Now I just need to get a bit of red paint to touch up the tip of the left tusk. Maybe next week... I also changed the BOC replica holders with the original ones.

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #663 on: March 19, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
I finally got to paint the tip of the left tusk (as you wear the helmet) with red color, thus having completed one more step in making this bucket more accurate. There is only one thing I might want to upgrade some day, but until then I'm really happy how this turned out:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #664 on: March 19, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »
Serg, on the front page. Love the helmet. You can pack that up too when you send me your MR Walker please. ()rr

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #665 on: March 20, 2012, 04:40:26 AM »
Thanks.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #666 on: March 20, 2012, 05:48:20 AM »
thats a superb piece Serg
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #667 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »
Thank you! :)
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #668 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »

Recently I got a great Stormtrooper blaster with real M-40 Tank scope on it, and accurate T-tracks. It even comes with a cool metal plaque and an official deactivation certificate from UK (so is legal here too).

It is in PERFECT condition, since I've seen others with rust, and even with damage on various parts. Wanted this for years, but finally got it from a RPF UK member for a hell of a price. Couldn't believe my eyes, and is the real deal, not a replica.

It is simply awesome indeed, all the details that makes this very close to a screen used thing. Cannot get better than this, I got my blaster collection to a new level. A chapter of my collecting just closed, and another has opened.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:05:47 AM by jkno »
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #669 on: April 11, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »

You could read more about the weapons of Star Wars here: http://www.partsofsw.com/index.htm , mine is BlasTech E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster Version C (also used by Han solo in shooting the comm panel in the detention cell bloc scene). Or you can look here in the Behind the Scenes section: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle

Quote: "The E-11 blaster rifle prop was built from a British-made Sterling. To give the actors something to react to and to give rotoscoping artists timing reference when animating blaster bolts, the E-11 rifle props in the original trilogy—which were still fully operational firearms—were loaded with blank cartridges that were then fired to provide a practical effect. Because of this, expended 9mm casings can be seen ejecting from the props in several scenes in A New Hope, particularly during the assault on the Death Star's detention level. This can also be seen briefly in a closeup of Lando firing one in The Empire Strikes Back."

The pic below shows a Sterling and an ROTJ E-11 blaster (mine is ANH)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:06:41 AM by jkno »
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #670 on: April 12, 2012, 02:54:20 AM »
Now a short comparison of the blasters I have: Sterling SMG, MR (I have 2 MR blasters, one complete with everything, and one loose), SDS, and Hasbro (unmodified).

The Master Replicas version is quite cool, but is about 90-95% accurate. The cocking mechanism (handle) and the spring on the right side of the real SMG is completely missing on the MR, that part is just a bit dented as a shape to what it should have been there, but no real hole. I know there were 501st customizing it and cutting that out, but is a hell of a job to do it since MR is metal too.

The weight is almost identical on both SMG and MR, thus quite impractical for 501st for trooping - heavy and not very comfortable. Trigger on MR is not working, neither is the A/S selector switch. The folding stock is one of the cool things MR could have done to make it work - I've seen people upgrading MR E-11 to have folding stock and seems it was not very difficult. It is a bit tricky to completely unfold the stock on SMG, but once you get the trick it is really fantastic - you need to push the end cap of the blaster in and also push the underside button (they both have springs) and only then the stock will open up completely and fit in the back perfectly.

My T-tracks seem more accurate than the MR ones, so is the scope (original M-40). But MR scope seems to be an exact copy after M-38/M-40 tank scope anyway (so quite accurate), and not after M-19  (which also were used on E-11 blasters), of course the MR blaster scope has that red computer targeting grid, which is very cool on its own. The MR blaster is cleaned up looking very pristine, also having all the specific numbers and codes removed (maybe because of the gun laws).

The SDS E-11 is copied after a similar real Sterling which belongs to CfO, and thus is very accurate, on some components even better than MR (SDS does have partial cocking mechanism and even a spring like tube inside, plus a Hengstler counter copy and metal cylinders), on others it looses some sharpness, but being made of plastic is kind of understandable. After all the SDS blaster, as being made of PVC tubing and plastic/resin, is excellent for trooping but will look cool on display as well.

The Hasbro Stormtrooper blaster is what you see LOL, unmodified it looks very inaccurate, but with some upgrading kits it may look cool too. Of course there are other fan made blasters or kits like hyperfirm or doopydoos which are very accurate, but more expensive than Hasbro version.

In the end both MR and the SDS are quite accurate on their own, some work may be done on both to make them even more accurate, but they are very cool nevertheless. But none is even close to holding a piece like the real SMG. The seller told me I won't let it off my hands and he was totally right. Now just to get a cool stand for it - working in progress already ;)

It seems there as many as 6 or even 8 different versions of E-11 in ANH (according to different scources), some with all greeblies (Hengstler counter and cylinders on the magazine - like SDS), some with just the Hengstler, some with just the cylinders (like Han's - and mine) and others with nothing (like MR).

Mine just looks like this one:

Or here: http://www.partsofsw.com/index.htm it is like the BlasTech E-11 (Stormtrooper Blaster) ANH Version C aka Han Solo's blaster from the detention cell block, when he is shooting at the comm panel. It seems the seller intention was indeed to make it like that, that's why no Hengstler on it, just the 2 cylinders.

BTW an interesting read about how deactivated guns are allowed but not replicas LOL. Really stupid...

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »
I just found out that my Sterling Stormie blaster was made by Chris King aka cking and by Neil Ellis aka Vos, 2 of the big professionals out there.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2012, 07:02:09 AM »
C-1 Imperial comlink with hovi-mix PA2 tip (the same with the original Stormtrooper helmet dual microphones/aerators) and accurate finned body with display case:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #673 on: April 28, 2012, 05:11:33 AM »
Finally a short video of the stunning RS Prop Masters (SiMan) Stormtrooper helmet, the most accurate Stunt helmet out there:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »
Looks good Serg. On the front page.