Author Topic: Jkno's Imperial Command Center  (Read 215102 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Jkno's Imperial Command Center
« Reply #525 on: July 27, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »
Another spectacular piece, Serg!  So how many rooms in your house have been taken over?  LOL!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
Thanks my friend. There are 2 rooms for my stuff: the collection room with the caboinets, and the PC room where Gigel the Stormtrooper is and where the TIE Pilot bust and eFX TIE Fighter will be. On the top of the cabinets these helmets have a lot of space. I'll take a shot of all of them together as soon as some other pieces arrive. :)

The SDS Navy helmet arrived close to the SDS vs LFL lawsuit day which was today:   ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14287864
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2011, 01:23:34 AM »
AT-AT Driver helmet in the real movie gray color as per StarWarsHelmets Original AT-AT Helmet Review. It is a a superb helmet, really heavy and sturdy. It feels like a real AT-AT Driver helmet should. One of my favorite SW helmets, these pics simply don't do it justice.

It has some very sharp details compared for example with Laws AT-AT which is softer. I have TK-4510 decals on it plus some original greeblies like BOC syphons. It also has Elvistrooper metal greeblies. I still need to upgrade some of the existing greeblies like the clock parts on the forehead, the 2 black squares next to the eyes and the colored buttons on top.

As Jez said this is not sure to be made by eFX since the only original remaining one is in private hands.

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »
Serg, this is gorgeous. Can I assume this came from Sheperd Studios?

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
Serg, this is gorgeous. Can I assume this came from Sheperd Studios?

Thanks. Shepperton Design Studios only makes ANH helmets no ESB or ROTJ - since Andrew Ainsworth worked only on ANH. This is from RPF.

I was really lucky to get it, there were other 4-5 pretenders for it, but I just paid the seller and talked later, the others did the opposite LOL. It is one heavy and solid monster, and still quite comfortable, with a really cool neck trim attached to it, and bubble lenses. It has the right gray color as the original AT-AT Driver helmets and not white as people thought they are.  It came with cool casts of the lateral Hangers also from BOC syphons, but I already got an original BOC plus other metal greeblies to replace existing ones. ;)

It is the same size as my SDS TIE Pilot lid, which means is bigger than Don Post TIE. The original ILM TIE lids were painted gray for ESB then added some greeblies to turn them into the iconic AT-AT Drivers. Only 2 AT-AT Driver helmets were made for ESB, one was stolen years ago and the other is in private hands, the owner not being interested in recasting it - so for now eFX won't be able to make it directly from the original but they could attempt making one from a TIE bucket.

It has sharper details than Laws AT-AT Driver helmet and a few other fan helmets I've seen. As I said it is still missing a few greeblies which I'd like to update, and once this is done then it might become my favorite lid. For now there won't be photos with all my helmets on display because I intend to make the cabinet for the TIE Pilot and eFX TIE, update another existing cabinet, and also wait for a couple more items to arrive before that. There will be only pics like an inventory of arriving items for now. But soon the entire collection will be shown, and trust me, there were 2 friends who came here today to help with my dad and seen all the helmets together - they liked what they've seen.

The last original screen used AT-AT Driver helmets - which was gray ant not white as people thought for so long - now even the 501st are approving gray AT-AT helmets for their ranks:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
So you were made aware this was for sale by the previous owner. Thats great. I am assuming this is an original movie piece?

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #531 on: August 04, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
So you were made aware this was for sale by the previous owner. Thats great. I am assuming this is an original movie piece?

Mine is a replica, the original remaining one (seen in picture above with the StarWarsHelmets watermark) is in private hands and if that was for sale it would be at least $50000 I guess, way out of my budget. But for a replica mine is very cool.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:10 AM »
Serg, if you see another replica like this offered or know of a place these are sold I would love to have one of these in my collection. Thanks for the great history on this helmet too. You are definitely an expert! at dr

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #533 on: August 04, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »
Serg, if you see another replica like this offered or know of a place these are sold I would love to have one of these in my collection. Thanks for the great history on this helmet too. You are definitely an expert! at dr

Thanks Shawn. I'm far from an expert but when I get something I read a lot about it before and after. ;)  Maybe this is because my line of work at university where for example you need to research a lot before writing an article for a conference. Anyway there is the LAWS armor and elmet which I was trying to get hold of but unfortunately no answer till today. He makes both white and gray AT-AT helmets:

http://www.imperialarmor.net/gallery.html

I was glad my fan made one is gray since I wanted to be as close to the original as possible. I was also very lucky to get this because usually i'm not, especially when talking about money. I still need to upgrade this with some new greeblies, but even so Jez (the real helmet expert from StarWarsHelmets site) said it is very cool.

If I'll see another one for sale I'll let you know, but you have to understand the AT-AT Driver helmet is one of the most wanted by collectors and also one of the most difficult to make, due to the various small parts (aka greeblies) which not even today are known where they come from or what they really are. For example the 2 hangers next to the eyes are vintage BOC soda syphon holders, really interesting choice for a helmet part.

I'd say you should make an account at RPF and start a want to buy thread after posting a few messages thus to be allowed to start new thread on Junkyard (sales) section.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #534 on: August 11, 2011, 12:31:15 AM »
ROTJ Royal Guard 1:1 helmet:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #535 on: August 11, 2011, 07:05:43 AM »
Beautiful Serg, I want to see a new pic with all of these great new items in your room!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #536 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:28 AM »
Thanks. Unfortunately no pictures with all of them together yet.  ;) I can say only that I have 12 Star Wars 1:1 helmets (including the one on my Stormie and TIE bust) plus Sideshow Vader life-size bust. Pics will come as soon as the other pre-ordered helmets arrive
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2011, 05:42:08 AM »
Finally my AT-AT Driver helmet is finished. I got all the missing greeblies, including original side holders. Maybe in the future if more parts are discovered what they really are I'll upgrade it further. Until then I'm really happy how this turned out, being one of the coolest SW helmets and one of my favs.

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
Wow, looks great to me Serg.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »
That is freaking awesome! What a cool helmet!