Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Television

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS

<< < (2/26) > >>

MandoMuggle:
I liked it. I don't know why there's so much negative reviews about it. Sure it's not perfect but nothing is. I think there's just a lot of people with their own high expectations for Boba Fett and "how it should be."

I love Robert Rodriguez and thought the first episode was pretty awesome! Can definitely tell it's in his style with the music and subtle humour.

The only things I didn't like was they used a Japanese feudal term "Daimyo" for Star Wars which almost means the same thing in the show's context? Small nuance, not that important.

I do find Boba Fett is slightly too benevolent and kind for his character though.

Still excited to see where this goes! Those new black robed Tuskens are the coolest thing in the show so far.

--- Quote from: JDeck on December 30, 2021, 08:55:59 AM ---I liked it, even though I'm not especially a fan of Boba Fett. I agree with Tamer my only complaint is, it was short. They had some cool western and samurai movie motifs, and strangely enough The 10 Commandments. The title is a reference to the movie and Exodus 2:22 where moses says I was a stranger in a strange land. I like the parallels between being a stanger in the sandpeople's land and being a stanger in mos espa as a diamyo. In both cases he has to prove himself, to gain respect and acceptance.
I probably watchrd it 4 or 5 times waiting for the stupid refrigerator that never came.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tamer on December 30, 2021, 08:44:33 AM ---Honestly, I wondered about the reviews and agree some of what I have read has not been favorable. Frankly, I don't know what more you would have wanted for the first episode of this? I think people are so caught up in "trolling" they don't know how to be even remotely objective anymore.

I agree we will discuss spoilers here. I mean folks need to be ready for that.

As for the first episode, I loved seeing his flashbacks while he was in the bacta tank. Once again, I don't think we could have asked for a better backstory of how he got out of the pit and into the Tuskens tender loving care.

I also liked seeing how he is going to try and be the new criminal underboss ot Tatooine and do it with respect and how it is so far leading to nothing but trouble. I look for this to get a bit more violent before it gets better, which is great for the show.

I swear the only thing I can say bad is I wanted the episode to be about four hours longer, but that is to be expected. It is so awesome seeing Jon Faveraux's name come up after the episode and know it is gonna be good.

I think the Mandalorian is gonna have competition! I wish they would just put the rest of the movies in his hands and forget about it.

So yes I really enjoyed it. Plan on going back and watching it again today to see the easter eggs I no doubt missed when watching it the first time. I cannot wait to see what more trouble he gets into and blasts his way out of next week. Surely we are gonna see the Slave I in a fight or three as well!

Bravo Jon!

--- End quote ---

JDeck:
  Diamyo during feudal Japan, basically meant warlord or clan leader. Japan was fractured into different states run by a clan leader, after the shogunate lost power.
I think something similar is happening on Tatooine, after Jabbas death the power vacuum gave rise to many different criminal syndicates, with a diamyo being the leader of a sydicate, as opposed to all the syndicates. Boba Fett's territory must be exclusive to mos espa. I think the Trandoshan wanted to tell Fett to stay in his place within mos espa lest he be killed. Or he was saying boba fett would die there. Even boba fett was unsure of his meaning.

DarthHawk:
I was trying to be as spoiler exempt as possible with my first post and since that has gone to hell in a handbasket let's keep going.
Episode 1 was really, really, good. I have questions and wish there had beens but they don't take away from the show.
Tamer and many others hit the nail on the head with this episode needed to be waaaayyyy longer. At least an hour. And his escape from the sarlaac lacked in details. Ignite the jet pack and blast your ass out of there!!
The flashbacks are a nice touch. Too bad we didn't get to see Jango's head laying on the ground when young Boba picks up his helmet.
Sooo, are we supposed to think that since Jabba has bitten the dust, yes pun intended, there is now a planet wide power struggle for control of his underworld crime syndicate?
I find this belief to be farfetched. The Hutts are notoriously known for swooping in and immediately taking over the operations of another Hutt that has passed on and would not allow non Hutt's to take control of Jabbas crime organization.
Regarding the costuming of the characters-Boba's new "outfit" is exactly what I expected.
Familiar enough to maintain the original design yet nuanced enough to contain updated gadgets.
Boba did show his benevolent side when he let the kid take all the credit for killing and beheading the sand monster.
I'll end with this. Can someone tell me about the gourds that are buried in the desert?
What are they? How did they get buried in the sand? How do the sandpeople know where the gourds are buried? How do the gourds keep the water fresh and from evaporating while buried in the sand?

JDeck:
When Jabba died the Hutt clan lost a lot of power, and territory. That's why bib fortuna took his place. Of course bib fortuna was an idiot and probably let his gang lose power to the other surrounding syndicates. Jabba's palace was pretty empty when boba took over.  In the episode, the scene where the moisture farm was being raided, that was the Red Key Raiders, referenced in the Mandalorian.

As for bobas's benevolence, i mean he's the main character, he has to be somewhat of a "good guy". I think escaping from the Sarlacc and having his armor stripped off was symbolic of a rebirth. He's no longer the heartless bounty hunter he once was. Becoming a slave to the sandpeople was certainly humbling.

I think those sand pods were some kind of a fruit that grows in the sand. Like a sand cucumber.

MandoMuggle:
That's a good point JDeck - His time with the Tuskens will probably show how he developed into the Boba we see now as opposed to the cold old OTC Boba.
That is my bad, sorry.
--- Quote from: JDeck on December 30, 2021, 03:58:56 PM ---When Jabba died the Hutt clan lost a lot of power, and territory. That's why bib fortuna took his place. Of course bib fortuna was an idiot and probably let his gang lose power to the other surrounding syndicates. Jabba's palace was pretty empty when boba took over.  In the episode, the scene where the moisture farm was being raided, that was the Red Key Raiders, referenced in the Mandalorian.

As for bobas's benevolence, i mean he's the main character, he has to be somewhat of a "good guy". I think escaping from the Sarlacc and having his armor stripped off was symbolic of a rebirth. He's no longer the heartless bounty hunter he once was. Becoming a slave to the sandpeople was certainly humbling.

I think those sand pods were some kind of a fruit that grows in the sand. Like a sand cucumber.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: DarthHawk on December 30, 2021, 03:38:39 PM ---I was trying to be as spoiler exempt as possible with my first post and since that has gone to hell in a handbasket let's keep going.
Episode 1 was really, really, good. I have questions and wish there had beens but they don't take away from the show.
Tamer and many others hit the nail on the head with this episode needed to be waaaayyyy longer. At least an hour. And his escape from the sarlaac lacked in details. Ignite the jet pack and blast your ass out of there!!
The flashbacks are a nice touch. Too bad we didn't get to see Jango's head laying on the ground when young Boba picks up his helmet.
Sooo, are we supposed to think that since Jabba has bitten the dust, yes pun intended, there is now a planet wide power struggle for control of his underworld crime syndicate?
I find this belief to be farfetched. The Hutts are notoriously known for swooping in and immediately taking over the operations of another Hutt that has passed on and would not allow non Hutt's to take control of Jabbas crime organization.
Regarding the costuming of the characters-Boba's new "outfit" is exactly what I expected.
Familiar enough to maintain the original design yet nuanced enough to contain updated gadgets.
Boba did show his benevolent side when he let the kid take all the credit for killing and beheading the sand monster.
I'll end with this. Can someone tell me about the gourds that are buried in the desert?
What are they? How did they get buried in the sand? How do the sandpeople know where the gourds are buried? How do the gourds keep the water fresh and from evaporating while buried in the sand?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version