Author Topic: The Mandalorian's Custom Vehicles  (Read 3310 times)

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
The Mandalorian's Custom Vehicles
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
This thread probably won't have many posts but I had to show you this.  It is my freighter in the story, The Path of the Imperial Mando.  Without furthur ado, the Chevy Badger:
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
Re: The Mandalorian's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:41:41 PM »
I know it's not as good as most.  As for the mixy paint job, I was going for a Boba's Slave I look.  Here are interior shots, including some wookiee scalps and the head of a bull Kybuck.  ;D
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline arkantos

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
are you ok buddy....seriously
WHO IS MORE FOOLISH THE FOOL OR THE FOOL WHO FOLLOWS HIM.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Hey, I don't do plastic man!  Lay off.  Boba's ship did have a pretty odd paint job!  I thought this was a cool idea.  I'm sorry if you don't like it or if nobody likes it.  I use boxes because 1. I don't rip my ships apart.  2. I don't do ships often. and 3. I don't have sheet plastic.  I thought it was interesting.  Like I said I won't post stuff here often.  Go somewhere else.  >:(

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
You could always use cardboard to create a cross section of the ship ,make floors and doors as such and spray it up ..just an idea ,I have seen cardboard used before with mixed results  .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
Thanks Wraith but I don't do many custom vehicles.  In my life I've done three and here's the third.  It's a Ptroptor from Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
That Pteropter is surely better than the one Hasbro says they are gonna make.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
I remember plenty of stuff made out of cardboard boxes - lots of Imperial Attack Bases, cantinas, and the like.  I think I even did a Rebel Troop Transport out of a shoe-box once.  If you are having fun, then you are doing it right - no matter what materials you use.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
Hey,your 12 right mando?when I was 12,I was into TMNT,and my brother made me a technodrone out of a milkcrate and some skateboard wheels LOL.it worked for me,they still had not developed one,and I wanted one so bad.too bad he doesn't do stuff like that anymore,otherwise he would be really good in our world.at least you're using your imagination.keep at it,and you'll be making a kick butt ben kenobi hut in no time.Hey,that rhymed.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
cardboard is really no different than using styrene or plastic sheets, it may not hold up as well in the long run but it's just as good a medium for something.  Especially if your going to be PLAYING with it.

I once built a large 1:18th scale sandcrawler out of cardboard for my ex's kids.  They loved it, it didn't look like much, and it didn't have working treads or anything like that, but they played with it and that's all that mattered.

If you are interested in building some cool ships and doing some cooler stuff with cardboard or paper I suggest looking up some cardstock "peprika" paper models online.  They are models you can print out, cut out, and then glue together.  If you can print and follow simple assembly instructions they make some really cool models.  If you can get creative with it and scale up the parts and diagrams you can make even larger models.  Using this scaling method I once built a full 1:1 scale r2d2 out of nothing but posterboard and cardboard!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 03:55:43 AM »
Excellent advice. Excellent.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »
Thanks everybody!  I think I may add some chain link to the front of the Pteropter to perfect it.  I think that's actually what they had up in the front of those things.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
The Mandalorian...keep up the good work.  We all have to start with something.  I think it shows great imagination to design something from your own head.  My own Padawan Dark Wolf creates his own ships all the time.  Remember, mo' practice means mo' betta!

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 04:33:46 AM »
I've seen Dark Wolf's work quite a few times, and I may try something like his soon, using my head to design the ship.  Look for the 79-Star Ripper!