Author Topic: spudafett back with new vehicles, (custom swoop)  (Read 6127 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
spudafett back with new vehicles, (custom swoop)
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »
This is the first custom vehicle I've done since being back to customizing.  I really like the way it turned out...

For those of you who don't know my past work I have a sweet spot for small vehicles.  Mainly speeder bikes.  I love the fact that they are a predominantly star wars concept and yet are in many other sci-fi genres as well.  But more than just the concept, the execution in the model and toy end of things is exceptionally easy.  Some of my first custom vehicles were speeder bikes because they are small and as far as the vehicles of star wars go, they are some of the cheaper ones to obtain.  AND there can be so many variations! 

One of my favorite things to customize when I'm wanting to do a vehicle custom is go out and find a cheap 1:18th scale motorcycle or chopper, usually the die cast ones, and part it out into a sweet looking speeder or swoop bike.  This is an easy process and I eventually will be doing several of these to list on e-bay...

this bike below started out as a bike that I was going to sell, but after I completed it I really fell in love with it and I believe I'll keep it.... but I do plan on doing a few more that I'll actually sell before Christmas time  (follow the link in my signature to my face-book page and LIKE it, then watch for any e-bay auctions that I put up on there!).

so, without further adoo, here is my latest custom vehicle:

I didn't plan it, but when I was trying to find a figure to "model" the bike for me, my stealth mando's color scheme looked so good with the bike that it really made me want to keep the bike even more, just for that figure...

so guys, what do yall think?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: spudafett back with new vehicles, (custom swoop)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
My wife thinks it looks pretty hot!   8)

*Personally,* I don;t think the the big, obvious ICEngines are not all that "Star Wars-y," but it still looks pretty dang racy to me!  One thing I think throws it off are the rear wings being too angular/stiff and not curved enough.  But hey, if I ever get THAT down, I'll be in business making and selling them!

It looks fast.  :D  And yeah - that mando is a perfect match.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »
That is freakin' cool.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »
That is a sweet friggin swoop man, looks sharp and awesome!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 04:31:17 AM »
Spud, that is a cool looking vehicle and the Mando is a perfect batch for the bike but it still looks like a motorcycle someone is experamenting on. It doesn't convey, this is a Star Wars vehicle. If you remove or swap out some of the motorcycle parts it could work, as is it screams I am a motorcycle without wheels.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
well, who's to say that the internals of futuristic bike's still resemble internal combustion engines in appearance... 

I personally like the exposed engine look of the bike, it screams "hot rod swoop bike" to me.  When you use a vehicle that represents something familiar to us to create a futuristic or other-worldly custom it's going to still slightly resemble that familiar thing.... 

Doc, your comments about the back steering vanes is duly noted.  I think I may try and go back and make them curved and more rounded on the front edges. 

Until then I have a few action fleet customs in the works I'll be posting soon, but if you don't want to wait to see them on here when I get them uploaded to Deviantart go check them out on my face-book page (a link can be found in my signature)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
I like it.  I have a few of these planned myself.  Hey!  It ain't an ICE, it's a micro-fission-reverse-neutron-plasma-induced engine.  They totally look similar.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
I like it.  I have a few of these planned myself.  Hey!  It ain't an ICE, it's a micro-fission-reverse-neutron-plasma-induced engine.  They totally look similar.

If I could like this post I'd do it 100 times.  That made my day.  rofl... it's not and ICE it's a MFRNPIE...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »
LMFAO - excellent!!

Far prefer the MFRNPIE than the micro-osmotic oxidated-neutron plasma-induced engines!!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »
Spuda, it's been a while since I've done this....but you've been Hangarbay'd!!!!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:46 AM »
oooooh, PURTY!!!!!

nice work, Jules!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
Spuda, it's been a while since I've done this....but you've been Hangarbay'd!!!!

damn that's sexy.  I love it.  it looks perfect!  You never cease to amaze me with this stuff jules.  and btw, I kinda like calling it the MoonPie. ;)

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
Freaking amazing!  Nice Hangerbay and I love Darth Optimus' comment.  Nice work Spuda!
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Love the swoop Spuda, but honestly when I see it, I expect too see Lobo on it.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
sweet swoop spuda!