Author Topic: Idea: correctly scaled walker  (Read 7748 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Idea: correctly scaled walker
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »
THAT is awesome... 

I agree though, the top compartment looks like the ceiling is too tall.  In the model it looks like the upper ceiling is a few inches too short.  In the cuttaway it looks like that space should be taken up by internal greeblies.... pipes and wires and such.   I do like how they added the overhead handrails to the bottom compartment... 

the speeder bike racks could use a little more detail though... and I don't think the outside details are done up to the ammount that I'd like to see...

I would love to have a snowspeeder and a bizzard force at-st included in this project...  I might purchase a new atst from wal-mart and do it up in a hoth scene for this.

would anyone have a hoth speeder patrol speeder and scout trooper they wouldn't mind parting with? 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
I might try to find one on the bay if this thing takes off Devin. I have an extra speeder pack, but am saving it for my own little Hoth dio I have planned even though I never seem to get around to it. You build this sucker, I will help populate it.

There is also a book called Star Wars blueprints, think I put an add up from ee the other day, that might show more reference material too, but I don't have that one yet. I have included most of the resources I know of.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
thanks tamer! 

I'll start researching building materials in the next few weeks.  I want to do this as cheaply as possible... unfourtunately I just don't have to funds to maintain an expensive project... and I have a feeling that this one will become a money hog...

I'll probably order several sheets of sheet styrene from an online company...  there might be a place in paducah to get it that I don't know about, Narceron do you know of anyplace that might sell it?  would harbor freight have it?

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »
thanks tamer! 

I'll start researching building materials in the next few weeks.  I want to do this as cheaply as possible... unfourtunately I just don't have to funds to maintain an expensive project... and I have a feeling that this one will become a money hog...

I'll probably order several sheets of sheet styrene from an online company...  there might be a place in paducah to get it that I don't know about, Narceron do you know of anyplace that might sell it?  would harbor freight have it?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=emQ&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=plastic+supplier+near+paducah&fb=1&gl=us&hq=plastic+supplier&hnear=paducah&ei=9_Q8S9msI5X_nAehtp3vCA&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQtgMwAA

worth a shot... if you do this soon enough, I can provide the snow!!!!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 01:39:26 AM »
Mate sounds like a grand project and one that I think you will kick ass at,  as for material the cheapest things that come to mind are foamcore, balsa wood and cardboard. With these three materials you can do the hull and legs at least.

Ron

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 07:03:00 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you want cheap plasticard(sheet styrene) go to the DIY/contractors store.  the stuff they make trim, and a number of other things that I can't remember, is sheet styrene.

I got 30 sf of styrene for 8 bucks, granted it was all rectangular and might not work as well, lol.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
Where might this DIY/Contractor store be at simon?  any possibility you could jog your memorry about what it was you actually purchassed..... :P

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
Guys do you realise that if you make a true scale walker I'm going to have to build a true scale Landing Platform to go with it!

Joking aside, I'll be watching this post with great interest, I can't imagine how massive the walker would be, but it would be awesome beyond belief!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 09:13:22 PM »
HB... I would LOVE to see an acurately scaled platform.... and to top it off would have to be an accurately scaled lambda shuttle ;)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »
I would love to build shuttles, but not lambda, :)

lol

Let me try and figure  out where I got this stuff, spuda, its here in town.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »
I can see this is getting everyone's curiosity up Devin.

And Jules talking about a landing platform that would hook up to this? Outstanding.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
OMG!! IF HASBRO WOULD MAKE THAT I WOULD SO BUY IT!!! But what am I kidding hasbro is run by idiots who don't pay attention to detail. That model is flipping amazing.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
There's a PRO TECH warehouse or something based in Paducah, maybe they have some scrap plastic you can have... ;)

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 05:18:18 PM »
awesome!

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 01:59:58 AM »
Hey, Hows the walker coming along? Haven't heard news of it for a while now. You should still continue it even though Hasbro is coming out with the BAT-AT (it's still not big enough)

Gun, Trigger, Pull