Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 15036 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
While I don't want to give away the entire plot (at least what I read), it appears as though Darth Vader "cloned" Galen Marek, which is how he returns in the new game.  I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »
Youtube has some gameplay check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrdNbvKah6I
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline IrishMafiaDG

• Cadet
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
I know there's already a board of The Forced Unleashed II, but I thought this needed its own board.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705492/Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed-2-E3-2010-Trailer.html

It looks like it should be a movie!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 08:08:01 AM »
I did go ahead and merge these two topics.  Trying to keep the forums organized as best we can.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
IGN interviewed the developers at e3 so check out there site for info
also at e3 we seen the first motion controlled lightsaber game for the Konnect (formerly projest natal for 360)
look it up

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 06:59:25 AM »
Just heaqrd from my EB Games that the release was pushed up to late October.   ;D
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »
October 26th, as far as GameStop says.  I have mine preordered so that I can get the exclusive silver lightsaber crystal and MaulKiller skin.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
I just got a regular version let me know if u enjoy the limited edition. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
The Demo for this game came out on 10/12/10, and I played it today and highly enjoyed it.  Available for download on Xbox Live and presumably the Playstation Network, it's a quick download.  You play what looks to be the opening sequence of this game.  The animations are so crisp and flawless, it looks better than any cartoon.  The gameplay is almost identical to the original game, so there are no surprises thus far.  Force Rage is, however, new, and pretty wicked.  If you haven't played the demo yet, download it for free and do so.  The game hits stores on October 26th, and looks to be fantastic!

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »
Ya the demo was great it seems all the collision bugs and akward camera angles were fixed, it really raised my expectations for this game, pickin it up tuesday.   ;D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
I got mine today and have played the first 2 levels already.  Wow, is all I can say.  Sure, there IS some repetition in the gameplay, but no more than any other action game of this genre.  The visuals are amazing, the cut scenes even better.  Some of the controls are easier this time around, such as the ability to grab a TIE out of the sky and crush it.  I'm loving this game already!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »
Wow.  Again.  Though for a different reason now.  I'm done.  I finished it.  Less than 8 hours of gameplay.  Granted, I played the first time on Easy, but still.  There are 4 and a half levels, and I say half because that portion is mostly movie cutscenes.  You pick up some holocrons, talk to an old favorite, watch some more cutscenes, and then you're done.  While long levels, I was sorely disappointed in content.  The game was rushed way too fast.  The first one had a lot more involved with it, more story, more levels, more scenery.  While the graphics were stunning, as was the fluidity of gameplay, it just wasn't enough for the $60 I dropped on this game to be done already.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
can safely say if i wasnt a star wars fan i wouldnt look art it. But can also sadfely say as a star wars fan the game was SHITE

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
Wow.  Again.  Though for a different reason now.  I'm done.  I finished it.  Less than 8 hours of gameplay.  Granted, I played the first time on Easy, but still.  There are 4 and a half levels, and I say half because that portion is mostly movie cutscenes.  You pick up some holocrons, talk to an old favorite, watch some more cutscenes, and then you're done.  While long levels, I was sorely disappointed in content.  The game was rushed way too fast.  The first one had a lot more involved with it, more story, more levels, more scenery.  While the graphics were stunning, as was the fluidity of gameplay, it just wasn't enough for the $60 I dropped on this game to be done already.
Hey pat me too, i buy it yesterday and i finish it today, the game rushed to fast really, I´m totally agree with you the first one was a lot a lot more involved, more levels, and more long, i also think when you re upgrading powers they need more levels in yhis one for power re only 3 levels its kinda short, the graphics, the cutscenes re probably the best ones, i played on medium difficulty for start and wasn´t difficult for me, by the way i played on ps3.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
I beat the game in 4 hours...maybe 5? The creators promised they had fixed the Targetting problems: they didn't. The story isn't even very good. Is he a clone or isn't he? By the end I didn't even care! And what is up with not fighting Boba Fett. They hyped it up to make it seem that you would be fighting him and then....he just makes a brief appearance? BS! The gameplay was all repetative too. They added in Mind trick and chaos or whatever it was called....nothing special there, gave you an extra lightsaber(no big deal), and allowed you to crush TIE's into cubes. Big deal. My roommate payed $60 for this game and all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It's a renter/not a buyer.