Imperial Community > Imperial Blog

Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office

<< < (2/95) > >>

Clonehead:
Your killing me, Doc. I am loving this! Tell bren to keep his chin up. Things only get less frustrating and more rewarding as his skills progress.

DocOutlands:
I don't wanna give up too much just yet, but he's onto something.  Took a little different tack on things, but I think he's gonna score in short order.  I took some test-fit pic's of what he's proto'd that I'll get up soonish.  I'll just say we now wonder how a GalMarine helmet would look with, frex, a Jango rangefinder on it.....

fett

Clonehead:
I know that this sounds like Tamer, but now you have got me curious.
Keep us posted, Doc.

DocOutlands:
Just something to idly ponder while you

GO FISHING!!!

;D

DocOutlands:
I managed to look at Workshop-2 yesterday.  That's about all I managed, tho.  Too many minions in need of managerial guidance.  I was honestly afraid today was going to be a total waste, as well.  I had to ferry Bren to his pick-up point in Morna City so he could meet up with his unarmed combat coach.  They are heading for a tournament in L'fiyet so I'll make another run to Morna City tomorrow to pick him up.  A straight run is a three-plus hour ordeal, especially when circumstances require KeKe and Lonnie to accompany me - as they did today.

I've been running on too little sleep of late, so I was off to a VERY slow start this morning, despite my daily regimen of two large mugs of steaming caf.  "Thick as an ASP-7" had new meaning around the offices.  I handled some routine chores in the zoological productivity shops and then met with a client who wants to update his presence in the venue and expand his exposure a degree.  We discussed what he'd need to provide - scans and text of the equipment and parts to be offered - and how I preferred it, in his case, on a mem-disc since his terminal connection isn't as extensive as mine.

That out of the way, the four of us headed out.  KeKe and Lonnie love the chance to get off-station.  Being females, they see this as a prime reason to go shopping.  Being cute, they expect others to indulge them and pick up the tab.  Well, we met Bren's coach right next to a variety store so we made the rounds.  Lonnie picked up some jewelry, KeKe nabbed some art supplies, and I scored a matched pair of blasters for me and Bren.

Manufacturing had sent a request for some raw materials, should I have the opportunity, so we dropped in on another supplier.  This resulted in more expenses on the behalf of minions, but nothing for Manu.  One more chance as we headed out from Morna West.  We dropped in on my preferred supplier and discovered 6 cases of molding compound.  Only one case was the style Manu needed, tho.  So, since I'd picked up Station supplies, the minions needed more.  Of course.

Remind me again why I have minions?

So we made the run from Morna City back to the Station, limping along in a shuttle with a half-blasted cooling system, but happy with our unexpected largess.  Once Workshop-2 is refurbed, Manufacturing plans to set up a facility for small-parts copying.  Clonehead does this through the 'Yards connection, maybe the Station can get involved, too.  More complementing than competing of course.  These guys are shady enough that there's no telling exactly what shadows they have their fingers tapped into.  Are my minions really still mine?

On a much lighter note!  As a lad, I'd owned an airspeeder often referred to as a "Side Gunner" for its rather unique exposed gunner's station on a stanchion off to the side of an enclosed one-man cockpit.  Well, being a tinkering lad, I'd had a go at the vertical stabilizer.  Mucked it up royally, of course.  Disposed of the whole bloody thing without a second thought.  Well, I've often lamented that hasty lapse in judgement.  This past week, I've begun looking into the possibility of acquiring one, antique tho it is.  Nostalgia for a lost youth?  Some may say so.  As it is, I managed to locate several collectors who were interested in parting with their vehicles!  Of course, they wanted the Imperial Mint for their pristine hangar-queens!  However, luck was with me and I've encountered several for more reasonable sums that do, as you'd expect, show the wear and tear of real use - no hangar queens here. 

Two are missing the cannons from the vertical stab.  That's unfortunate, because one of them has a really sweet red-rust-orange custom paintjob.  However, there is one that, even tho it is a bit battered, is complete and functional.  The price is not too bad, either.  Should I treat myself?  I mean, I do have a Lifeday celebration coming up, after all.

Oh, let me go on record with this here and now, speaking of adding Lifedays.  I was on my way to Housekeeping last night and stopped into the medbay to chat with some folks there.  One of the medtech's caught me and publicly reminded me I'd promised to come by for some bloodwork weeks ago.  And, since Housekeeping wasn't ready for me yet, said medtech would be glad to rearrange her schedule to take my blood sample right then,  Well, caught out as I was, I had no way to weasel out of it, even though I tried.  I suppose it was worth it in the end, the test showed a blood-sugar of 105 even tho I'd eaten less than a hour previous.  The medtechs were quite pleased and told me that was a good score.

Normally, I'm happy when people are happy... but there was far too much maniacal giggling involved as the medtech had been prepping the sample unit.  Still, I suppose that is one thing I can stop not worrying about, knowing now that there's nothing to worry about.  Is that a big enough cause to buy a Side Gunner for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version