Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 386433 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1140 on: May 30, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »
The Aussies got it before Louisiana???

Oh, wait... you guys aren't a third-world country...

Aint that the truth.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1141 on: May 31, 2012, 04:31:11 AM »
What the heck, there is NOTHING new in my area ( SC ). Maybe if I stop looking, it will come........LOL

I am right there with you. I am glad I picked up wave four for the Yarders when I saw it. I plan on doing the same for all the new waves if I am lucky enough to see them. I want a Malgus!

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #1142 on: May 31, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
The Malgus wave has just been found again by a few more SW fans/collectors here in Sydney.....it appears that stores are getting this wave in and once it's gone that's it.  I know of 1 store here that's got the wave twice within a week.  A collector in Queensland has located the Malgus wave twice in his travels to various stores this week as well.  It's out there you've just got to be lucky to locate it i guess.   The Evazan wave is being to pop it's head up as well.  A collector in Perth, Western Australia sent me Kithaba and Dr. Evazan and they arrived a few days back.   

Many stores here are now doing their end of financial year stock take so they'll be nothing new on the pegs until this is completed so those who were lucky enough to find the 2 new waves before this scored BIG time.     
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #1143 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
The Malgus wave has just been found again by a few more SW fans/collectors here in Sydney.....it appears that stores are getting this wave in and once it's gone that's it.  I know of 1 store here that's got the wave twice within a week.  A collector in Queensland has located the Malgus wave twice in his travels to various stores this week as well.  It's out there you've just got to be lucky to locate it i guess.   The Evazan wave is being to pop it's head up as well.  A collector in Perth, Western Australia sent me Kithaba and Dr. Evazan and they arrived a few days back.   

Many stores here are now doing their end of financial year stock take so they'll be nothing new on the pegs until this is completed so those who were lucky enough to find the 2 new waves before this scored BIG time.     

Dear hasblo why do you hate the USA? Man I want that.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #1144 on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
Fear not Mandalore, we here in Australia are not liked by Hasbro much either  ???

We never got the VC Taun Taun or the VC Landspeeder which sucked because most collectors here wanted them.  That Astromech droid pack from TPM never came here but we got truck loads of the Pod Racer packs instead and they're collecting dust on the shelves.   
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #1145 on: May 31, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »
They just hate there fan base don't they.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #1146 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:59 PM »
Yeah, they really have no idea.  Distribution means nothing to them, i have a feeling that they have no idea what it is.  After the flood of TPM figures back in 1999 many retailers here got burnt with huge amounts of excess stock and many didn't order anything new for ages and most collectors had to resort to buying online and/or at small local run hobby stores...i was lucky, a mate of mine ran a small action figure and trading card store here in Sydney, Australia and he got new stuff in all the time.

At the moment the DTF wave is filling pegs where the Malgus hasn't hit yet.  I'm fortunate that i only collect certain figures so i'm not really one to cry when i miss out on something.  I bought Malgus for a friend of mine and the only other figure i personally got from that wave is the Hoth Luke.  The only other figures i'm after from furute waves is 1) Weequay Hunter, 2) Sandtrooper (orange pauldron) and 3) Nikto Skiff Guard.  I already scored Kithaba and Dr. Evazan so i can cool my heels for a few months.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #1147 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
I'm in Pittsburgh. Nothing new here. Nobody wants the Naboo vintage line. It's flooded the market here. I also don't want to spend $30 on a dewback without a sandtrooper. 

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #1148 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
Yeah we've got a lot of that VC line peg warming here....Naboo Trooper, Quinlan, Qui-Gon, 4-LOM, Anakin Skywalker: Jedi Training, Dengar, Admiral Ackbar and Luke Skywalker: Death Star Escape, Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid and Zam Wesell are all collecting dust.  I wish we got that Dewback here, for some reason that's another item Australia never received which everyone wanted...typical though,  bloody useless Hasbro  >:(

Spookymufu

« Reply #1149 on: June 01, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
picked up a second DS Luke to open today for $7.96

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1151 on: June 06, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »
Me too, I actually ordered two to get the free shipping and if they show up damaged I will just sell them on here to the loose folks!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1152 on: June 06, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
Keep me in mind on that Malagus Shawn. I may never see him the way distribution is these days.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #1153 on: June 06, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »
Distribution just got alot harder here in Australia.....Big W have cancelled the VC and won't be putting it on their pegs!!!!!.   Good thing i got what i needed before they made that stupid decision.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1154 on: June 06, 2012, 10:01:07 PM »
i hear yeah buddy !  down in my neck of the woods in the UK   the shelves are bereft of Clone Wars figures as non moving crappy Movie Heroes are completely clogging the pegs ! what on earth possed big H to create this utterly shite line is beyond me  :-\ its not selling at all and retailers are not ordering any more figs until MH are gone and thats not gonna happen anytime soon   its seriously pissing me off!!!!!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms