Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144700 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »
I will show you the pieces I used to make that figure's helmet here shortly,L E.

I have started the task of detail painting on this GM figure. Here, I have outlined several details on his body in black and will come back to cut in white around these lines to make them thinner and neater. It will take a while but its worth it in the end. This whole figure needs another coat of white anyway.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #406 on: October 17, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
Those pics are in my resin casting thread, NFC.

I haven't gotten far with my touch up detail painting but I did make a little progress on the 501st gm figure. I am about happy with how the touchups on the belt, pouches and armband turned out but might hit on em some more. I will probably move on to his boots and then get all of his undercoverings painted black.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #407 on: October 17, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
I do see a spot on the back and on the arm band that will require additional attention.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #408 on: October 17, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
now that I have some time finally, back to going through your posts and commenting on more of your fine work!

Oops, page change......
Here are a couple of Fox shots that i took last night. I will take some more final reveal shots, today including an outside shot or two. Nothing beats natural light.
the movie realistic Legacy style Fox is PERFECT.  I mean it's truly gorgeous, clonehead, I've been drooling over it for 3 days now.   I'm very tempted to ask if I can comission you to make one for me.

• Captain
« Reply #409 on: October 17, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

In the first two pics, I was simulating battle damage caused by a laser blast by incorperating aluminum foil strips and the light from a laser pointer to create the effect. Man, the ebayers loved it.
the last pic shows a different one that I am searching for more pics of.
I LOVE this!   That's seriously an awesome spin on on an astromech custom I've NEVER seen before.  Seriously, that's customizing its intricate best.

• Captain
« Reply #410 on: October 17, 2009, 09:28:44 PM »
I will show you the pieces I used to make that figure's helmet here shortly,L E.

I have started the task of detail painting on this GM figure. Here, I have outlined several details on his body in black and will come back to cut in white around these lines to make them thinner and neater. It will take a while but its worth it in the end. This whole figure needs another coat of white anyway.
I have never actually thought of detailing a trooper of any sort like this but it really makes sense because Hasbro sculpting is well done on the GMs but the production paint work sucks.   I'm really looking forward to the finished piece.  

• Captain
« Reply #411 on: October 17, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

HELL

YES

!!!!

Damn it, Hasbro, WHY can't you morons just make a realistic style Rex for us already so we can ALL have one??  No it won't be as nice as Clonehead's is but this custom proves it could a SHOULD happen in the Legacy line!   The cut up PVC plastic used for the pauldron is bloody genius

Some more shots of the desert mando including some with his extra helmet.
I will post some different pics of this project in my diorama thread.
This is a really unique take on a Mando with the camo and the interchangeable heads plus the modifactions to the scout helmet, totally rad

• Captain
« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
CH, that clone is sinister looking in that very neutral looking color scheme, I really really dig that custom.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2009, 09:21:25 AM »
Yes, here recently, I have been looking for certain images and info that I had posted and found it time consuming that I could only skip two pages at a time. Thank you again, for your praise.

Here are some update shots of the never ending touch ups on this GM figure.

I have gotten to where I am pretty much happy with all of those detail lines around his belt and arm areas and even like the shoulder straps on the back but the front ones of those still need some work. I plan on using his stock pauldron which will cover these areas anyway. I will repaint the pauldron possibly blue and white to go with the 501st color theme. probably blue with white piping.

I have started to touch up the relationship in between the white and black on his boots. I will be glad to finish this task and start his blue markings. I have gotten a coat of white on his resin-cast helmet but need to detail it in the same way before I will start on it's blue markings. I have also worked on painting all of his undercoverings black but am not satisfied with how glossy that black is looking in some areas. I may have to dig around for a flatter black to touch up the shiny areas.

geez....touchups galore.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #414 on: October 20, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
got some work done on his helmet today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
Well I was sick today and didnt get much done but i did get further along on this GM's paintjob.
  As you remember, this was to bea gm wearing the deco of the 501st legion. I finially got far enough into that tedious detail line touchup to get tired of it and I started applying the blue markings today.

We will start with shots of the helmet worn here but a 501st trooper. It appears that the blue that I am using is a bit dark and I may have to come back and mix some lighter to match the 501st blue. I carried the traditional triangle shaped marking on his face and over the top of his head. The top recessed part of the back gm helmet was painted dark gull grey and the lower recessed part that wraps around to under his eyes I painted blue.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »
from that rear shot, it appears that the blue mark needs to crawl a bit to the right towards the top of the helmet. there are always some touch ups that await me, it seems.
   Next, we have the pauldron which I primered white and painted the recessed areas the same color blue and touched up the white trim. The little bandolier, I detail painted with flat black, dark gull grey, and light ghost grey.
  Next we have the backpack which I detail painted also using the same colors as the bandolier.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2009, 10:46:22 PM »
A couple more shots of the back pack and then it's on to the base figure.
  On the figure, I put two horizontal lines of blue down low on his knee pads. I don't really like them and plan to repaint the pads white and then paint on some blue v-shaped marks. I put the traditional blue on his shoulderpads, a  ring around each wrist, and on the piping of his kama. Now the original plan was to paint that chest marking onto this figure as well. I still plan to but havent gotten there yet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »
A couple more shots of just the body and then it's time to put his freshly painted goodies on. I took a close up shot of the feet to show the detail paint. I still need to paint the soles of his boots dark grey and allow that color to creep up the side a bit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
Some more pics.  What do you guys think about that chest emblem. Should I put it on there?