Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53607 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
I heard that the East Coast was getting a lot of snow, but I hadn't imagined this much! I love Winter and snow, so I'm planning on living on the East Coast someday, preferably somewhere close to Washington D.C.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:26 AM »
Well I still haven't been plowed out from the first batch and we are supposed to get anywhere from a foot to two feet this time. It is supposed to start around ten am. I may not be able to be online much today. Hold down the fort guys.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »
Well it has been awhile since I updated this. Not too much new to report. Just trying to keep from going stir crazy from the long winter. It was nice to see the sun this week and see some warmer temps even if it is gonna go back down again next week.

I did score some of my Action Fleet and Micromachine wants so that is about it on the SW front other than trying to sell off quite a few of my earlier non ESB items. I am making some dent in it though. I am gonna have to start listing figures here before too long. 

On the non SW front I am debating starting a real garden this year and because I live in the woods it will mean some type of fence and then a lot of digging up of bushes and flowers to make room for the garden. I will take pictures of the before and after and see if I can document any progress and see if I can grow me some taters and maters. Daggone produce is getting outrageous in stores.

On the shooting front I was finally able to get my tactical sks put together and with some replacement parts from TAPCO turned my single shot sks back into the automatic is was supposed to be. I am not sure I hit anything with it, but hearing it cycle was sheer music. I think I am gonna get me a red dot for it if I can find an acceptable scope mount I like. I still have some sillohuette targets Sarge gave me and I want to do a one hundred yard group on em. I need to see if I can find a decent hunting round for my hunting one too. I aim to take a whitetail with it this year. I am also starting to gear up for turkey season and patterned my shotguns. My encore sure did better so I will use it I guess.  I did see six longbeards in my driveway earlier this week, two of em were fighting over a hen. They didn't even run when we went down the driveway. Women, they will just make you crazy sometimes.

Thanks thats it. It is good to hear about other folks and what is happening too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »
I has been a long time since I had an update, but I have been busy with lots of outside chores, including starting a rather large garden for the first time. I am happy to report that everything is growing and I just installed my first electric fence to keep the critters out!

I also just got back from a fishing trip from the Chesapeake Bay that was ok. I caught my first few stripers even though they were a bit small. Speaking of fishing my little gal caught her first real fish a few weeks ago. They were quite tasty.

I am the one with all the grey hair!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
Wow, Shawn, she's growing so fast!  I can remember when she was just a tiny little thing, and it seems like yesterday!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Wow, Shawn, she's growing so fast!  I can remember when she was just a tiny little thing, and it seems like yesterday!

tell me about it Pat. tell me about it.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
Heck, she'll be driving to Celebration X in no time!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »
Well I have a small update. I got back from the beach last week and I had a pretty good time. Most of it involved me trying to catch some type of water creature while I was down there. I was finally able to figure out the bridge and caught a few fish each day. Next year, I want to target the stripers.  Anyhow, here is a pic of the bluefish I was catching. Those bad boys hit pretty good. The trick is either bumping it along the bottom or reeling in fast just under the surface.

I caught some blue crabs too and boy did they eat good. I will get some pics of them up later.

It was nice to get caught up here a bit. I have some more web work to get too and some ebay auctions to start, but it is nice to have some time off. The garden I started as an experiment sure has sprouted up too. Now we just need some rain. My grass in my yard is already brown!

I am also pretty psyched as yesterday I bought my CV tickets. It will be my first full blown SW experience. I can't wait. Poor Pat doesn't know what he is getting  himself into!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:39:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
Well it has been a few months since my last update so here goes.

I am in a post CV lull, Wow was that a great thing to do. I don't ever see me not going to all the rest of them. It was really great to meet Kreeper2 and talk SW with someone who knows what that means. My only CV regret was I didn't meet more Shipyarders. Still, there will be CVI.

Work has started out better this year than what I can remember in a long time. There have been quite a few changes, but for the most part good. I am eager to get past the preliminaries to start some real projects. My room is already starting to fill up with SW. That bust I got in from Most Wanted Collectibles looks sweet.

I am gearing up for hunting season and have actually been seeing a few nice ones. Season will tell if I can connect though. It can't get much worse than last season though. I hope to hear more from Chad and Wayne and perhaps their seasons too. I really do enjoy reading the blogs. Make sure everyone does an update.

My family is good for which I am grateful. My little gal is growing like a weed. It is hard to believe she is four already. She told me today that she showed grandma her GG busts so I guess I don't have any anymore. She has also claimed the new flying Falcon I bought at CV, and here I thought the dress up DisneyLeia and Amidala would be enough. My mom got a kick out of her showing her my new items from CV and making sure she (my mom) didn't touch any of them. I have to laugh at that as I really don't have to tell her that, she just knows I don't touch em much and she makes sure no one else does. I think I may have her hooked. She is trying to deal me away from my GH Walker still though. She is gonna give me back one vintage and one potf walker for it. I am still trying to decide.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:32:40 PM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2010, 05:49:46 PM »
LOL, she is trying to swap out walkers..........priceless. She is getting big, buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
LOL, she is trying to swap out walkers..........priceless. She is getting big, buddy.

That she is Clint. That she is. It is hard to believe next year she starts school. She goes for preschool starting next week. I met her teacher this week and she seemed ancient and kinda mean. Kinda like me!

My brother had hernia surgery yesterday so I found out a whole lot about low hernias, a lot more than I really wanted to know, but he came through everything ok. This was like the third time he has been to the doctor since grade school. He hates them. I figured I had to go in to make sure he actually went. Hopefully he will learn a lesson and not do that anymore. He burns the candle on both ends and the sides.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
Ok, I am irritated. My wife noticed our satellite tv bill went up twenty dollars a month so she called and was going to cancel our service, but magically they were doing a free upgrade to hdtv, you could replace your old recievers with new dvrs, and lock in a lower rate than we were paying now for two years. I am glad to report that that part was true and I am now watching my new tv with HD and wow is it awesome. So, ultimately I am gonna be alright, but the installers left my house a freaking disaster area.

They had to install a new dish and I am glad they didn't put it on the roof as I think that would lead to roof leaks down the road. My mother in law (who was watching my little girl at home) was gonna watch em for me and I don't blame her a bit, but she didn't check my basement before they left. Well you could literally follow the trail of mud they left in every room it was that bad. I am not talking about a spot here and there, but a daggone trail. Ok, I spend a couple hours cleaning that up. Then, I look at how they run the wires and see they started off running them in the holes I had for all the wires through one side of my floor joists, but then for some reason they just stopped and started using cable clamps and screwing them to the bottom of my floor joist (right beside the daggone holes I had cut through them) and ran the daggone coax right on my dryer vent pipe on their way to my breaker box. Now, I could see things hanging there and notice some open cables there now and while I had hoped they might take down the old sdtv dish and wires I can live with the fact that I might have to do that myself, but seeing open wires means I have do that now as some of them evidently still some charge to my old sdtv upstairs as I shocked myself checking out the wires. Ok, dummy me for getting into those wires as I should know better. Then, I go outside to check the new dish they installed right outside my basement door (looks like I am extending a flower bed this spring) I can see they ran the wires inside my house in what is going to be my bathroom downstairs and that looks good (new rubber insulation grommets where they go into the house which I liked) and then when I took a quick glance in my bathroom I see one wall that has mud smears from the top of the wall to the bottom.

So, I instead of going out to eat with my family I spent it cleaning up the new installation. Now, my tv seems great and it is easy to see the difference from sd to hdtv so I do like that with the deal they are giving us. I am just upset that the install crew didn't pick up a bit after themselves before they left. I can handle a bit of dirt, heck I do that myself, but after cleaning up for a few hours at the least I am gonna have to repaint one of my bathroom walls, change the cable route so its not up against my daggone dryer vent, and rerun said cable back into the floor joists that are just a few inches away from where they used the daggone cable clamps. I guess it could be the fact that it has been a rough few weeks dealing with my little girl being sick and just feeling like I haven't caught up on my sleep, but I feel like giving the foreman of the dish install crew a couple what fors in regard to how they leave a house after they install an hdtv satellite dish. I have learned to always at the very least sleep on things when I am angry and then approach them again the next day. I still think I might call to let em know that while I like the service, I didn't appreciate the mess the crew left. What do you guys think? Should I just bite it and do it right and shut my trap or call and give em the Tamer Two cents?

I can also see it has been awhile since I have posted here so perhaps I need to keep this up a bit. Thanks for reading my vent folks, I already feel a bit better.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2012, 04:29:21 AM »
The Tamer two cents, give em the Tamer two cents!
It's good that you have hd programming now but sounds like they were a lackluster crew.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »
Yeah, I slept on it and think probably the public need protected from this type of service crew.

I spent most of the morning reinstalling everything and now it is run through the hole in my floor joists so it looks a heck of a lot better. I drilled a few new holes just in case I had to run anything else new so if there is every anything new (who knows down the road) the service crews hopefully won't take the lazy way out and just run them through said series of holes.

I also broke my wife's daggone clorox wetmop (scrubbing so hard the handle broke where you hit the squirt juice) so I have to get her a new one of those. Still, I now have HDTV, wires that are now ran safe, and a clean house. I just have to paint the wall and take down the old dish, but that can wait till we get warmer temps.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »
Hey, it looks like I haven't whined here in some time so I may as well blow some of the dust off this while I hit refresh on the SDCC Hasbro Chamber Set every few minutes. ARGHHHHH! I don't even want to talk about Hasbro so I won't.

Well I am happy to report my little gal is doing well and even went to soccer camp last week and ran for two and a half hours a day for four days which is sure nice after having all that hospital trouble last year with asthma. I was very leery, but the doctors assured us it was ok so I relented. She loved it. She now has two soccer balls and she won a medal at the camp.

I am currently at war with the cats of the house: Vader and Luke who have decided that the entire house should be their litter box instead of the two we have for them. After having to replace a cieling tile in my collection room and having to rewire a recessed light certain areas of the house are now off limits till we get them resolved. My wife is getting one prozac if you can believe it. Geesh, my plan to put them outside till they settled down seamed a lot cheaper. Needless to say I spent a lot of days cleaning and even got some professional cleaner that worked thank the maker.

On the crafty note I have currently begun to restore some old military firearms namely an 8MM Mauser right now from the ground up. Note to self: never ever wear light clothes when using paint thinner again. I was broke out for a week, but the cosmoline is gone and the barrel ready for blueing. Let me go check Hasbro (still out of stock). I have a few other metal parts to get ready and then I will blue it a couple of times and then work on the new wood laminate stock I got for it. I am also cutting off the bolt to put a new handle on it to allow the mounting of a scope (for those who know anything about Mausers their bolt comes straight up). If anyone is interested I can snap a few pics when I go back to work on it tomorrow. I also happened to take my concealed carry class here in WV finally so now I am looking for some type of personal defense pistol and a biometric safe. I have been meaning to do this for some time before the option was taken away and finally did so. I don't really plan on packing it around too much, but the class was all about pistol safety, shooting, and defense so it was nice. My wife even took it with me it was so laid back (I found out they make bra holsters too).  ;D I also started on some very basic rifle safety and shooting with my daughter and she likes it a good bit:

I also have an SKS I plan on doing up AR style and Tapco makes some awesome accesories for them. About all I need is a new scope mount and am wondering whether to go red dot or regular optical on it. Williams Firesight makes an awesome fiber optic open sights package for this gun too (well many for that matter). I have this on my hunting sks and it rocks. I also today inherited a model 1894 Winchester today that looks like it came right out of the box. I don't know if I am gonna shoot that one yet or not. Anyhow, I have been messing with guns here and there.

As some folks know we went of vacation to the beach a few weeks back and it was pretty fun. I didn't do too much exciting, went fishing once and caught a huge ray (pic coming Clint). We caught some blue crabs and steamed em up and found a pretty cool nature trail where we were staying (hasbro item still sold out). It was a fun couple of weeks away from the grind:

And since I am posting some gal pics anyway I wanted to thank Chad again for sending my little gal a Marvel Black Widow and now she is Widow Crazy.

Still out of stock and I just got another message in from Sideshow. I think they hate me.  :-X

Update: My wife got mad at me for posting my gal pics so I took those out. Geesh. Its not my night.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:22:24 PM by Tamer »