Author Topic: Vintage focus  (Read 22172 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Vintage focus
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »
A real proto rockett fett will run 12-16 grand on average, DT luke is easily done DT Vader and Ben are around 1500-3000 each.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »
A real proto rockett fett will run 12-16 grand on average, DT luke is easily done DT Vader and Ben are around 1500-3000 each.

:o
 :o

LOOSE?!?!

Holy hell, you are right...I better start playing the damn lottery. I knew Boba would fetch a premium but those DT prices are crazy whacked.

Also, after a bit more research, I am starting to realize that "variant" is a very subjective term and hence given to some very loose interpretations, especially in the vintage SW universe.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I fear it's too late now. I am a sick completist in just about everything I collect...

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
I hear yha,,  There is debate on just how many fetts are produced and there are 2 differnt types a J slot and an L slot. The DT luke can be had for 300 bucks since there were many more made due to the early bird ramp up of those figures. The DT Vader and Ben are also open to speculation on production numbers and you really need to watch who and where they are purchased.  I have a very nice rocket fett from Ryan Shaw and for me that is the farthest I am going with one of those

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
I have a mint non rocket firing fett from the esb wave loose . how much would that go for, Wayne?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »
a loose Fett, if it is a standard Kenner US release $15 bucks mint

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 06:21:24 AM »
Finally picked up the Endor Forest Ranger mini-rig last night for about $20 - loose, but 100% complete and mint - stickers still on the original sticker sheet. (not for long)

Now I just have to track down those last 3 POTF mini-rigs and I am all set with that line. (Yeah, I know - good luck)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 06:03:46 AM »
Scored a decent Lumat last night for <$25 which seems pretty good based on recent auctions.

Now all I need are 2 more replacement figs, the 10 POTF figs I am still missing, and the slew of variants.  :-\

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
Crap, wish I'd'a known you were after the Ranger - I got one sitting here in the box, never assembled, I need to find a good home for.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 05:19:17 AM »
Crap, wish I'd'a known you were after the Ranger - I got one sitting here in the box, never assembled, I need to find a good home for.

Rats! Ya got any Ewok Battle Wagons stashed away? Maybe a Sand Skimmer?  ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »
Nah, the Ranger only ended up available because I got a played-with one in a lot back during the summer.  Figured a NIB Ranger should prolly have a good home, since I had a playable one now.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
If McMetal isn't interested I would be, drop me a note with what your asking for it.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
Have at it, Recon...I am good to go with my loose one. Should be arriving any day...to my Dad's house.  8)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »
I'm also a loose vintage figure collector. I focus on completing the entire Kenner basic figure line, including the Max Rebo Band. Once in a while I go on a vintage shopping spree. Mostly by the end of the year. I'll need to check my list again for figures I still need in great shape.

I still have a lot of figures from my childhood and luckily I played nice with them, so they're still in great shape, including my very first two figures Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) and Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise).

I'm not necessarily a variant collector, but do have some, like the obvious blond/brown hair Lukes, Jedi Luke with snap cape, but I wasn't looking for them on purpose. Having these did interest me in the variants, though. But you won't see me looking for a DT Vader or a VC Jawa. I just want a complete set of great looking figures.

My focus within my focus is ERGs and Imperial Stormtroopers (in Hoth Battle Gear). I've got about 12-15 (have to recount) of each of them.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2009, 06:16:44 AM »
Got the Forest Ranger last night, the thing is in great shape - pristine sticker sheet and all. I couldn't bring myself to peel them off and apply them yet, but it's coming.

Question - is the back part (with the attached guns) supposed to just swivel around loose? Or should there be some resistance?

I just found a new job for more $$$ so I foresee a Vintage Binge coming up soon! (Especially with no new CW product hitting the shelves)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2009, 06:53:45 AM »
My played-with one just swiveled about loosely.